d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Time And Space And Thingies
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Apr 23 2023 11:53am
Not required viewing. Yet, if you love exploring thingies having to do with the universe, this is a not to be missed talk by Thomas Hertog, a cosmologist who spent a huge portion of his life working alongside with Stephen Hawking.
A gentle heads-up that this talk is both nonbeliever in the supernatural and believer-friendly. You''ll understand what I meant by that latter statement when and if you explore the talk. :hug:

🌌

The q&a:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGIw2Dup3sg
Gold: 760.00
May 28 2023 06:41pm
Interesting with the emergent holography perspective.

Inter dimensional stuff is super interesting to me.

I think it’s fractal and infinite and a dimension is just an extreme macro, and extreme micro of energy itself. Is all very complex and difficult to translate to English or any language at all.

Take some mushrooms and you can experience some glimpse of the infinite oneness of it all. :P

Here’s something I wrote about a couple years ago. If time is imaginary like you guy in the video suggests maybe the entire perception we have is also. And we are all each other in different consciousness waves all at once and at the same time all different possibilities. We can’t begin to understand.

Quote (Ariana @ Nov 12 2021 03:32am)
Posted in a thread that got me thinking, copying here for later.

Anyone read the Upanishads?

I think maybe we're all part of one big consciousness and the idea of a separate personification of a higher power leaves open many possibilities and the idea of detaching from the material world/dimension we perceive now in order to achieve a higher state of existence/consciousness is appealing. We can manifest reality and the way to do that is an infinite loop of both having intention and giving up your control of intention. A paradox, a fractal perception of ourselves as if Carl Sagan was on to something when he said we are the universe experiencing/perceiving itself in a plethora of ways simultaneously.

We may literally be time itself. Simulation theory might make sense since everything at the smallest level can be calculated to form infinite combinations of more abstract ideas/concepts/algorithms. Why does everything "Add up"? I've always seen it as fractals, a spiral of numbers that loops infinitely and can be measured in terms of how many loops it's made, but at the same time be a constant repetition of #1 through #9 where 10 is 1 and 11 is 2, but they are also 10 and 11 depending on the perspective, thus creating the 3rd dimension of perception over time. Something reaching the same point as before from one angle, but form another being entirely different. Higher dimensions are theoretically required in order for ours to exist in the first place, indicating a sort of "Creation", or affirmation of the infinite loop paradox.

Physical mass, light, and sound are all measured by various frequencies - waves of particles at varying speeds. Are they the same thing when it comes to our ability to measure it scientifically? Our observation is limited to itself. Ourselves. We're analyzing our self.

Sometimes things happen that are hard to explain as if a glitch has occurred. Perhaps we are all awakening to the reality of something much greater that we can not understand in our current forms. Or perhaps we are the attempt to re-create consciousness and it was successful? As if the idea of "AI" was met and achieved and we will spend eternity repetitively asking "Why" of ourselves. Maybe we're causing these things to happen and we don't realize it.

This isn't to say that we are gods, or that we can somehow achieve godhood, etc. But someday we might be just like the ancients described when they spoke of "gods with the ability to change form, bending and controlling matter with the use of tablets". Maybe it will lead to self destruction and the re-setting of civilization for some while others ascend to a higher realm of existential consciousness and re-create the world they came from. OR maybe we're already creating the world around us by perceiving it?

Late night ramblings, IDK.

This post was edited by Ariana on May 28 2023 06:45pm
Gold: 6.69
May 28 2023 08:11pm
Quote (Ariana @ 28 May 2023 20:41)

Hi Ariana, I do love your singing voice. :hail:

Moving right along. I think that there are a lot of unknowns. And, with that said, we, as in anyone who wishes to, ought to be okay with that. Being hosts to unknowns ought not to diminish the value of being alive nor ought our unknowns to diminish the experiences that life is filled with.
What I am not saying is for you nor for anyone else to stop leaning on and expanding upon their ideas and imaginations. Thinking and imagining about the universe and the big questions ought not to be criminalizable actions.
I do not subscribe to the holographic universe, though I do love listening to exceptionally brilliant minds who talk about it.
I do not subscribe to time being imaginary nor illusionary for the matter and energy which exists in the universe. As for things outside of time and outside of the universe, I do not know about such things. So, they are not on my life's plate until things change.
Now, and, please, do not get me wrong, even if my stance/life philosophy is grounded in methodological naturalism when it comes to the universe and all it contains, I would love nothing more than to be surprised. :hug:

As for 🍄, what wonderful experiences those times were. I have a lot of empathy for people who may not experience joy, but fear and/or anxiety while on things like that. :hug:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll