d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Ideas For Fun Walkthrough
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.95
Apr 22 2023 07:57am
Just completed a ssf HC classic barb on p8. Looking for ideas about a fun run that is a bit different from normal ones. Maybe something with restrictions like no runewords used or only rare items.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Gold: 10.50
Apr 22 2023 09:25am
Been trying to think of something similar for myself. Right now I’m doing throw Barb, self found only. Eliminates a lot of the standard runewords and requires a bit of skill/farming to succeed.

After this I’m gonna try out a 2h zon or maybe bow sorc with enchant
Apr 22 2023 09:35am
Quote (Tonic231 @ Apr 22 2023 04:25pm)
Been trying to think of something similar for myself. Right now I’m doing throw Barb, self found only. Eliminates a lot of the standard runewords and requires a bit of skill/farming to succeed.

After this I’m gonna try out a 2h zon or maybe bow sorc with enchant

I enjoyed the 2h zon walkthrough someone else was doing, that might be fun, never played such a class.

Bow sorc could also be really good now that we have fire mastery impacting the ranged damage (recently changed in one of the d2r patches i believe)
Gold: 0.00
Apr 23 2023 12:11pm
. No re runs Map off? Walk off? Only dropped pots?

I’m new at hc walks but right now I’m doing is
P8,hc, clear the area (80-90%)before moving on, no item swapping from other chars, no re runs.

Believe it or not I’m enjoying the game again!
I’ve played d2 since release but online is weak..
I’ve found a 2fireball2firebolt staff, made it to act5 at lvl 35?) and larzuk gave 2os) and have an amazing leaf now. Diablo dropped Venom grip.. that’s it. Helm is 20 mana, belt +25 health), then now doing cows at 44!! Found 2 decent charms and am looking for sword for Sword.. I’m blabbing sorry

What saying is I’m already thinking for NM. Areas must be 100% cleared. Hell will have to be as well but even caves that isn’t required.

Also following this for ideas as well
Apr 24 2023 02:14am
Quote (MikulasB1985 @ Apr 23 2023 07:11pm)
. No re runs Map off? Walk off? Only dropped pots?

I’m new at hc walks but right now I’m doing is
P8,hc, clear the area (80-90%)before moving on, no item swapping from other chars, no re runs.

Believe it or not I’m enjoying the game again!
I’ve played d2 since release but online is weak..
I’ve found a 2fireball2firebolt staff, made it to act5 at lvl 35?) and larzuk gave 2os) and have an amazing leaf now. Diablo dropped Venom grip.. that’s it. Helm is 20 mana, belt +25 health), then now doing cows at 44!! Found 2 decent charms and am looking for sword for Sword.. I’m blabbing sorry

What saying is I’m already thinking for NM. Areas must be 100% cleared. Hell will have to be as well but even caves that isn’t required.

Also following this for ideas as well

Sounds like a lot of fun! No re runs will be super challenging when it comes to hell I think, but tbh I have no idea what level you'll end up on after clearing 100% NM.
Apr 24 2023 02:16am
Some ideas from ChatGPT:

Here are a few ideas for unconventional and challenging Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction playthrough challenges that meet your criteria:

The Ironman Challenge: In this challenge, you play through the game in hardcore mode without ever returning to town to sell items, buy supplies, or repair equipment. This means that you have to manage your inventory very carefully and make sure to pick up only the most valuable items. You can only use items you find on the run, so be sure to choose your character class and build carefully to ensure that you can survive.

The Pacifist Challenge: In this challenge, you play through the game without ever killing an enemy yourself. Instead, you have to rely on mercenary and hireling NPCs to do all the fighting for you. This means you'll need to carefully choose your companions and equip them with the best gear possible to ensure their survival. You can only use items you find on the run, so you'll need to be very careful about how you manage your inventory.

The Speedrun Challenge: In this challenge, you try to complete the game as quickly as possible without dying. You can only use items you find on the run, so you'll need to optimize your route and build to ensure that you can survive and move quickly. This challenge requires a lot of knowledge about the game and its mechanics, as well as a lot of practice to perfect your skills.

The No Skill Challenge: In this challenge, you play through the game without ever investing any skill points in your character's skill trees. This means that you'll have to rely solely on the stats and abilities of your character class, as well as the items you find on the run. You'll need to be very strategic in how you manage your inventory and build your character to ensure that you can survive and progress through the game.

The No Health Potions Challenge: In this challenge, you play through the game without ever using health potions. Instead, you have to rely on other sources of healing, such as regeneration, life steal, and healing spells. You can only use items you find on the run, so you'll need to be very careful about how you manage your inventory and choose your character class and build. This challenge requires a lot of careful planning and strategy, as well as a lot of patience and perseverance.

The first challenge sounds like fun, since I always rely very heavily on vendors for at least normal difficulty in solo self found.

This post was edited by ains21 on Apr 24 2023 02:20am
Gold: 13.00
Apr 24 2023 02:29am
sword zon. basically amazon wt but you are only allowed to use swords ands daggers once you found the first one
Gold: 0.00
Apr 24 2023 02:24pm
Quote (ains21 @ Apr 24 2023 04:14am)
Sounds like a lot of fun! No re runs will be super challenging when it comes to hell I think, but tbh I have no idea what level you'll end up on after clearing 100% NM.

I hope 80-85+ leaving Hell difficulty worth doing leveling wise.
Gold: 1,110.00
Apr 25 2023 08:59am
Quote (ains21 @ Apr 22 2023 03:57pm)
Just completed a ssf HC classic barb on p8. Looking for ideas about a fun run that is a bit different from normal ones. Maybe something with restrictions like no runewords used or only rare items.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Bladesin.

Pretty fun actually :)

Did one on d2lod before any damage buffs. Worked pretty well :)

I do like kicksin as they are pretty flexible in gear.
3 x ral sword, then maby full death set, then black or whatever CB related item, then lawbringer and so on, in the end stormlash. I was lucky to find guilaume in act2 nm^^
Once rhyme shield or raven one can start to change death gloves/belt for strings/craft cb gloves etc..
Duress really good armor for it, rattle cage works early on.

Magezon is also fun. (cold/fire)

This post was edited by gel87 on Apr 25 2023 09:01am
Gold: 2,094.99
Apr 25 2023 09:46am
Amazon on HC classic
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll