d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > What Is The Best Way To Test C S While Casting ...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,672.68
Apr 20 2023 12:18am
C S = Critical Strike modification on items.

Basic question really... 3 items (weapon / armor + main charm) with +X Critical Strike while casting... now the other factors would be:

#1 How much Intelligence does the character have?
... Add on ... per 5 levels (Tier of the items)
... ... Now, 2nd add on... no + Intelligence during the 5 levels (Tier of items)

#2 How many kills plus CS + stable Intelligence (not increased) during each level which is 1 million experience points and take into account the number of monsters killed.

#3 there are more scenarios to identify a stable number (#)

So, what is the best way to test casting, with #intelligence during 5 levels which equate to tier items or NOT taking that into account etc... add on.

EDIT:

What if you use a dagger (Tier III), armor (Tier III) and main charm (Tier III) with like +3 CS each and say 150+ Max life for like level 1 to 25 and NOT including any Intelligence for like 10,000 kills during those levels.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Apr 20 2023 12:20am
Gold: 19,012.03
Apr 20 2023 06:57am
Identify the amount of crit with 0 crit on items first. Its around 20% +1% per 20 int.

Then do the same but with crit. Compare the 2 results and figure it out. Basically is what I did on all the other weapons
Apr 22 2023 07:28pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 21 Apr 2023 00:57)
Identify the amount of crit with 0 crit on items first. Its around 20% +1% per 20 int.

Then do the same but with crit. Compare the 2 results and figure it out. Basically is what I did on all the other weapons

Don't you think there is a big difference with casting in comparison with weapons that have Critical Hit Chance based on their Stat Ratio?

Charms don't have an initial "Stat Ratio" for a Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Strike mod on items may work differently?

And yes, start with 0 CS items and record using base Intelligence and then work with CS items and the same base Intelligence after X amount of kills to hopefully come up with a percentage of a Critical Hit chance using the CS item, and you will also be able to ascertain the % chance based only off of the amount of Intelligence.

Is this correct???
Apr 22 2023 07:42pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 23 2023 02:28am)
Don't you think there is a big difference with casting in comparison with weapons that have Critical Hit Chance based on their Stat Ratio?

well casting has no ratio, I haven't been able to figure out if adding vitality does anything but my initial results suggest it doesnt. High strength or dex also seemed to have no impact, which leaves only intelligence.
Its been noted by literally everyone that casting crits more commonly than weapons, I gave you some form of baseline of 20% chance +1% per 20 int.

Charms don't have an initial "Stat Ratio" for a Critical Hit Chance, and Critical Strike mod on items may work differently?

Possible, however results from other people have suggested that it remains around +1% chance to crit per +1 crit mod.

And yes, start with 0 CS items and record using base Intelligence and then work with CS items and the same base Intelligence after X amount of kills to hopefully come up with a percentage of a Critical Hit chance using the CS item, and you will also be able to ascertain the % chance based only off of the amount of Intelligence.

Is this correct???

Here's some of my data with low crit:

so to some extent, just need the critical strike data, although i'd rather get closer to 5000 hits with no crit before moving onto the crit data.
I could probably have not statted int in some situations to keep it a flat number, however it generally doesnt make too much of an impact and some averaging can minimise errors even with playing normally.
Apr 22 2023 08:44pm
Quote (Bigheaded @ 23 Apr 2023 13:42)
well casting has no ratio, I haven't been able to figure out if adding vitality does anything but my initial results suggest it doesnt. High strength or dex also seemed to have no impact, which leaves only intelligence.
Its been noted by literally everyone that casting crits more commonly than weapons, I gave you some form of baseline of 20% chance +1% per 20 int.

Possible, however results from other people have suggested that it remains around +1% chance to crit per +1 crit mod.

Here's some of my data with low crit:
https://i.imgur.com/KweoWAQ.png

so to some extent, just need the critical strike data, although i'd rather get closer to 5000 hits with no crit before moving onto the crit data.
I could probably have not statted int in some situations to keep it a flat number, however it generally doesnt make too much of an impact and some averaging can minimise errors even with playing normally.

Great, so as a baseline, maybe start out the Intelligence total(s)

025 Intelligence (5000 actions)
050 Intelligence (5000 actions)
075 Intelligence (5000 actions)
100 Intelligence (5000 actions)
etc

This may give more of a decisive calculation... and then repeat with the same amount of Critical Strike from items.

Now, as you can see... 25 / 50 / 75 and 100 base intelligence should (I am unsure), will give more information based on Stat and also CS items.

Note: also... you could do these at lower levels, it should not change the results.
Apr 23 2023 06:28am
well if you fancy doing the 25/50 int attacks, you feel free bud.

even on a samurai i was using a minimum of 67

and to confirm i've not noticed levels to make any impact
Apr 23 2023 08:44am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 24 Apr 2023 00:28)
well if you fancy doing the 25/50 int attacks, you feel free bud.

even on a samurai i was using a minimum of 67

and to confirm i've not noticed levels to make any impact

You are correct... the level does NOT make an impact, it is based on the Stat &/or amount of the CS items used, thus, level 1 with like 25 / 50 int stat could be obtained by certain character class and, since I play HC, I would use +XXX max life items from level 1 to say level 20 (keeping Int Stat at a precise #).

Also, not sure if deaths on SC would/could alter the CS calculations, it maybe a factor, but never tested.
Apr 23 2023 01:09pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Apr 23 2023 03:44pm)
You are correct... the level does NOT make an impact, it is based on the Stat &/or amount of the CS items used, thus, level 1 with like 25 / 50 int stat could be obtained by certain character class and, since I play HC, I would use +XXX max life items from level 1 to say level 20 (keeping Int Stat at a precise #).

Also, not sure if deaths on SC would/could alter the CS calculations, it maybe a factor, but never tested.

??? why would deaths make a difference?

one of the things i've questioned is whether or not prof makes a difference, which is certainly possible and possibly something i should have been tracking
Apr 26 2023 12:38am
Quote (Bigheaded @ 24 Apr 2023 07:09)
??? why would deaths make a difference?

one of the things i've questioned is whether or not prof makes a difference, which is certainly possible and possibly something i should have been tracking

I think when I posted I was on a side track of the discussion. I don't think there is an addition with Prof points during the increase of the Rank. If there was, maybe it is like a percentage from your current rank and your next rank ... example: Rank 4 with 2500 prof points give you an additional 0.50% Enhanced Effect of 1.00%.

Hopefully worded it correctly. I personally doubt this happening as well.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll