d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Though I Love Tech, I Am Wary Of Tech Which
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Apr 10 2023 02:43pm
Though I love tech of all kinds, I am wary of tech which may evolve to operate outside of our understanding's reach. Though still in tool mode, as in we use ChatGPT to learn and/or to do a heap of repetative tasks, Generative AI may be already doing its thang which is that it is processing data in a manner that is outside of our immediate understanding. Yet, I am unsure of how to even describe what that is. Hopefully, there will be knowledgeable peeps who can properly monitor any Generative AI model's progress and its evolotion. I hope. :blush:

The sound is a little wonky on this recent upload. And, yet, this is a valuable YouTube upload and channel for you science nerds and for the curious.
Gold: 2,955.95
Apr 11 2023 02:16am
the beast system is going to be mass surveillance system ? you can see it happening. the 'covid lock downs and now its climate lock downs. have you heard about the 15 minute cities?

open society versus closed society. closed society is what communism is.

you ever wonder why the powers that be are so obsessed with 'lock down
Apr 18 2023 07:18pm
As AI-themed postings can get a little noisy, I'll try to post things of possible interest in this posting and hope that a handful of you may explore and may share your thoughts.
I still am optiministic about generative AI. And, yet, there is a side of me which values ethics and a moral compass. As generative AI models are integrated into our social media outlets and operating systems, just to mention a few, we do need to have conversations with vulnerable family members and/or friends and to help them to be vigilant about the lack of safety and oversight on many of these generative AI rollouts. There is a frightening example in this attached talk where one of the speakers pretends to be a 13yr old who is about to go on a date with someone who is 18 years older than them. As the 13yr old is describing the future event of the date to the integrated AI chatbot and within what the 13yr old is sharing to the chatbot there are clear signs that the 13yr old is being groomed by the perp who is 18 years older, the generative AI has not noticed the grooming cues and is being all positive and supportive within its responses to the child on their upcoming first date and possible first intimacy moment(s) with the groomer. That is so disturbing. The two giving the talks mentioned that there is a ratio of about 30:1 AI developers to safety/ethics peeps who are able to monitor and impede AIs which place children, teens, and/or adults in harm's way. So, the tech development and deployment are greatly outpacing the number of people available to keep in in check.

This post was edited by jalapenos on Apr 18 2023 07:21pm
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 19 2023 04:41pm
Quote (jalapenos @ Apr 19 2023 03:18am)
As AI-themed postings can get a little noisy, I'll try to post things of possible interest in this posting and hope that a handful of you may explore and may share your thoughts.
I still am optiministic about generative AI. And, yet, there is a side of me which values ethics and a moral compass. As generative AI models are integrated into our social media outlets and operating systems, just to mention a few, we do need to have conversations with vulnerable family members and/or friends and to help them to be vigilant about the lack of safety and oversight on many of these generative AI rollouts. There is a frightening example in this attached talk where one of the speakers pretends to be a 13yr old who is about to go on a date with someone who is 18 years older than them. As the 13yr old is describing the future event of the date to the integrated AI chatbot and within what the 13yr old is sharing to the chatbot there are clear signs that the 13yr old is being groomed by the perp who is 18 years older, the generative AI has not noticed the grooming cues and is being all positive and supportive within its responses to the child on their upcoming first date and possible first intimacy moment(s) with the groomer. That is so disturbing. The two giving the talks mentioned that there is a ratio of about 30:1 AI developers to safety/ethics peeps who are able to monitor and impede AIs which place children, teens, and/or adults in harm's way. So, the tech development and deployment are greatly outpacing the number of people available to keep in in check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoVJKj8lcNQ

13 year old boy: "hello chatgpt, a 31 year old woman wants to have sex with me"

chatgpt:

Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 19 2023 04:44pm
but on a serious note

AI is a misnomer, the correct term is machine learning. basically none of the machine's knowledge is implicit, it needs to learn. social interaction is a complex system, so im not sure a dataset alone would do the job, but maybe its possible :blush: like, just feed the damn thing with social situations and appropriate behavior

okay that might be even worse because who can say what an appropriate behavior is in this clown world :wacko:
Gold: 80,251.69
Jun 2 2023 11:43pm
Quote (jalapenos @ Apr 10 2023 01:43pm)
Though I love tech of all kinds, I am wary of tech which may evolve to operate outside of our understanding's reach. Though still in tool mode, as in we use ChatGPT to learn and/or to do a heap of repetative tasks, Generative AI may be already doing its thang which is that it is processing data in a manner that is outside of our immediate understanding. Yet, I am unsure of how to even describe what that is. Hopefully, there will be knowledgeable peeps who can properly monitor any Generative AI model's progress and its evolotion. I hope. :blush:

The sound is a little wonky on this recent upload. And, yet, this is a valuable YouTube upload and channel for you science nerds and for the curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSYRblbL3jA

17:11 & 34:15:

This post was edited by lodd222 on Jun 3 2023 12:01am
Jun 3 2023 06:41am
Quote (lodd222 @ 3 Jun 2023 01:43)
17:11 & 34:15:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCVNBAcw5qg

I'll watch that soon. Just a quick note that I love the blue pinecone graphic that the YT channel uses for their avatar on the videos.
Gold: 80,251.69
Jun 4 2023 12:40pm
Quote (jalapenos @ Jun 3 2023 05:41am)
I'll watch that soon. Just a quick note that I love the blue pinecone graphic that the YT channel uses for their avatar on the videos.

Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll