d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Friends, Help Me With A Car Decision
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,033.00
Apr 4 2023 02:45am
Good day good people and fellow car enthusiasts.

The story: I'm moving to Melbourne, australia at the end of August. Now, I want to start a company there while enjoying the nature and hoping not to get fucked by a spider or an angry kangaroo. However, my car choice is of course the most important thing in this ordeal and has to be planned in absolute perfection and detail. Of course.

Now I need a car that has a decent trunk for some things I'll need for the job and I want to be able to drive Offroad and it should be somewhat cozy. I'm German and I never regarded SUVs as cars to drive around daily. I'm more of the m4, e coupe type of person. But for those new needs I'm reconsidering my standpoint due to different circumstances and practicality.

So I want a SUV, AWD. I searched on carsales com and put in this specs:

Max 10 years old. It's hot in Australia and I need a newish car because I really don't want to breakdown due to environmental heat.

Max 100000 km. Same reason

AWD. Obviously, why would anyone use a 2wd SUV?

Max 18000 Aus $. I don't want to spend more for now. I don't want to drive money arond unnecessarily. I can't go for leases since I can't do that with my visas. I could spend more but I'm trying to limit myself.

Engine: I don't actually care what engine, surprisingly enough. I don't care about gas mileage so I'm fine with 6 zyls too

Extras: sunroof? Maybe?

So besides a few x1s and some french cars (I don't fuck with french cars) there were some Jeep compass, some ford kugas, 2 Subaru's and a lot of Holden captivas. I never dived into Holden so I don't know how reliable and "good" they really are. That's why I want your opinion on them. In that price range, I could even get a my 18. Now, what's your opinion on them? First read seems like it's trash. Any good sites or Tipps for searching cars in Australia specifically? Anyone that went through similar thought processes and can give me an opinion?

Thank you all for reading and wish you a good and productive week.

This post was edited by Phat_Addictive on Apr 4 2023 03:11am
Gold: 5.00
May 22 2023 09:26pm
Quote (Phat_Addictive @ Apr 4 2023 03:45am)
Good day good people and fellow car enthusiasts.

The story: I'm moving to Melbourne, australia at the end of August. Now, I want to start a company there while enjoying the nature and hoping not to get fucked by a spider or an angry kangaroo. However, my car choice is of course the most important thing in this ordeal and has to be planned in absolute perfection and detail. Of course.

Now I need a car that has a decent trunk for some things I'll need for the job and I want to be able to drive Offroad and it should be somewhat cozy. I'm German and I never regarded SUVs as cars to drive around daily. I'm more of the m4, e coupe type of person. But for those new needs I'm reconsidering my standpoint due to different circumstances and practicality.

So I want a SUV, AWD. I searched on carsales com and put in this specs:

Max 10 years old. It's hot in Australia and I need a newish car because I really don't want to breakdown due to environmental heat.

Max 100000 km. Same reason

AWD. Obviously, why would anyone use a 2wd SUV?

Max 18000 Aus $. I don't want to spend more for now. I don't want to drive money arond unnecessarily. I can't go for leases since I can't do that with my visas. I could spend more but I'm trying to limit myself.

Engine: I don't actually care what engine, surprisingly enough. I don't care about gas mileage so I'm fine with 6 zyls too

Extras: sunroof? Maybe?

So besides a few x1s and some french cars (I don't fuck with french cars) there were some Jeep compass, some ford kugas, 2 Subaru's and a lot of Holden captivas. I never dived into Holden so I don't know how reliable and "good" they really are. That's why I want your opinion on them. In that price range, I could even get a my 18. Now, what's your opinion on them? First read seems like it's trash. Any good sites or Tipps for searching cars in Australia specifically? Anyone that went through similar thought processes and can give me an opinion?

Thank you all for reading and wish you a good and productive week.

Sounds like you have little experience about reliable vehicles. Newer does not mean reliable, and many sell off their like-new vehicles right before major maintenance. Then next owner doesn't do maintenance and ends up doing repairs.

Would recommend Toyota SUV. Sequoia gen 2 would be best if available there and gas cost doesn't concern you. Else, w/e their regional SUV lineup is check it out. For example, I got 08' Sequoia used 3 years back with 180k miles. Has the million mile engine notorious in the Tundra and haven't had any issues. Being in Australia is imagine you have access to Japan built models which would have even better tolerances on most parts.

If you banging on some dirt tracks off roadz then a Subaru would be kick ass, but they notorious for hemorrhaging oil. The AWD is best on market tho.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on May 22 2023 09:27pm
Gold: 2,858.20
May 30 2023 09:53pm
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll