d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > Diablo 4 Hardcore
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,673.69
Mar 30 2023 10:29pm
Quote (UniverseNZ @ Mar 30 2023 09:05pm)
maybe try asking google

A lot of garbage on Google.

More so here.
Gold: 422.00
Gold: 1,100.00
Mar 30 2023 11:22pm
Quote (loveandhate27 @ Mar 30 2023 03:10pm)
i belive hardcore is going to be really hard at the beggining. Considering u can get oneshotted by butcher / some other stuff you didint know + a lot of lag spikes / crashes may happen.

Butcher doesn't 1shot you he's just really hard to kill until you have your build together, for anyone aware of the butcher they can easily run away.

There's no difference between softcore and hc except 1 death and less population including bots probably so much more expensive items (afaik).
Gold: 7,263.87
Mar 31 2023 03:48am
Quote (brigadier @ 31 Mar 2023 04:04)
This sound like instant log out with an extra step of having a rarely common currency.

Does it auto use if you die and you flash back to safety? Didn’t get to use one. Or do you manually have to use it/dc

No, you can't manually use it. It's used automatically only upon disconnecting.
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 31 Mar 2023 03:58)
So what happens if you truly get disconnected (lost internet or their server dc'd)?

I remember Chris Wilson going into this on reddit years ago about their networking backend stuff. I'm curious how D4 plans to do that. Maybe the char stays in that zone for xx seconds when a player does a "instant logout"

You can't instant logout. The scroll is only used when you actually disconnect( lose connection). Manually leaving requires time. Well D4 team already said that long time ago that they don't want instant logouts or so called "cheat death" mechanics. Is not going to be like PoE so whatever Chris Wilson was talking about PoE is irrelevant for D4.
Gold: 466.99
Mar 31 2023 03:51am
Quote (bobsyns @ Mar 31 2023 02:48am)

You can't instant logout. The scroll is only used when you actually disconnect( lose connection). Manually leaving requires time. Well D4 team already said that long time ago that they don't want instant logouts or so called "cheat death" mechanics. Is not going to be like PoE so whatever Chris Wilson was talking about PoE is irrelevant for D4.

but a client can disconnect from a tcp socket no matter what. it's a two way street. that's why i asked how they were going to handle that

This post was edited by ChocolateCoveredGummyBears on Mar 31 2023 03:53am
Gold: 329,206.00
Mar 31 2023 04:50am
Quote (bobsyns @ Mar 31 2023 05:48am)

You could manually use it in the beta.

Exit Game --> Leave game was pretty instant.

Ending the process in task manager was pretty instant.

There was also some weird rollback going on when you did either of the above. You could kill your hc character and if you left game or forced disconnect within 1.5 seconds you'd still be alive when logging back in. If i picked up an item and left within that small window i wouldn't have the item when i logged back in.

You could pretty much use a chicken and even if you died it would save your character.

Gold: 7,263.87
Mar 31 2023 05:07am
Quote (ChocolateCoveredGummyBears @ 31 Mar 2023 12:51)
but a client can disconnect from a tcp socket no matter what. it's a two way street. that's why i asked how they were going to handle that

Quote (LivEisJeebus @ 31 Mar 2023 13:50)
You could manually use it in the beta.

Exit Game --> Leave game was pretty instant.

Ending the process in task manager was pretty instant.

There was also some weird rollback going on when you did either of the above. You could kill your hc character and if you left game or forced disconnect within 1.5 seconds you'd still be alive when logging back in. If i picked up an item and left within that small window i wouldn't have the item when i logged back in.

You could pretty much use a chicken and even if you died it would save your character.

As I mentioned they were planning to have these scrolls be used upon disconnect. So if they are ready with those until release, they will be in the game.

However regardless of whether you lose connection randomly, or Alt F4 yourself - you have a scroll it will be consumed, if you don't it will take some time before you actually leave the game. At least that's what they were talking about in one of their dev streams before. But let's assume you could still use those scrolls with Alt F4 - ok, so? Scrolls wouldn't be infinite.

I would personally start SC and don't wanna bother much with Hardcore on a new game release with millions of players at launch where it's very likely to have server instability issues as well.

I get what you are saying. This is why it's a Beta client. Not everything is suppose to work pixel perfect. It seems like currently they do only rely on server to do the saving with a few second delay. So no matter what happened in the Beta you were always saved few seconds prior to losing a connection. No idea whether they are going to fix that, or address any inconsistency or failures... but It's just what I know they have talked about it last year.

Whatever the case is - we shall see. Not a big deal for me personally since I don't really care, I don't play games to exploit them and take advantage of not-polished functions. If there is people here that ask whether they can setup a Bot program with chicken and never die on Hardcore... - Until you get banned you probably could.

This post was edited by bobsyns on Mar 31 2023 05:08am
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll