d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A Bombshell Biden Report
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,346.00
Mar 28 2023 08:15am
Quote (Landmine @ 28 Mar 2023 01:01)
Yes you would.

Quote (Sioux @ 28 Mar 2023 00:27)
I won't be voting for Hunter Biden in 2024 thats for sure.

Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 28 2023 08:22am
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Mar 28 2023 08:23am)
Both Biden and Trump is intelligent.

That being said Trump is ahead of Biden in that Intelligence department.

My comment has got nothing to do with their policies or how they present themselves in public . It is a very straightforward observation.

Not a great start.
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 28 2023 08:36am
No one cares enough to actually do anything. It's bad, but not bad enough to merit burning all bridges.

Republicans are too pansy to pressure slow Joe right now. They'll just sit back and watch.

Biden might win in 2024 too. Which is a bit of a shock, given his age.
Mar 28 2023 08:42am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Mar 28 2023 10:36am)
No one cares enough to actually do anything. It's bad, but not bad enough to merit burning all bridges.

Republicans are too pansy to pressure slow Joe right now. They'll just sit back and watch.

Biden might win in 2024 too. Which is a bit of a shock, given his age.

This quote highlights the problem with the right-wing propaganda. The lack of consequences regarding their fake scandal result in less faith in the system... but the system treated the claim appropriately.

You guys believe in bullshit, and when the bullshit doesn't materialize, you blame the system, rather than reassessing your information.
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 28 2023 08:56am
Quote (Crunkt @ 28 Mar 2023 01:55)
I said Kushner, I didnt mention trump

but your TDS is coming through strong.

The thread is about corruption in the Biden family at-large, you countered with Kushner. But sure, you totally didn't intend to draw a parallel to the Trump family as a whole, you were exclusively talking about Kushner. :thumbsup:

Quote (IceMage @ 28 Mar 2023 02:24)
Oh, btw, Sam Harris uses this comparison as a contrast to Trump and his family, which are a bunch of corrupt grifters who are obviously primarily interested in money.

Isn't this assertion demonstrably false? Trump's net worth declined by well over a billion during his presidency. It's very obvious that he's a narcissist whose primary interest is attention and adulation, rather than money.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Mar 2023 02:40)
Really demonstrates the difference between the parties in terms of corruption.

Biden's son gets a million dollars and we have no evidence Biden changed his policy in any way.

Kushner and Ivanka played active roles in shaping foreign policy and is rewarded with a 2 billion dollar investment.

Literally a difference of 3 orders if magnitude in terms of corruption.

Do we have any evidence that the Trump administration changed its foreign policy due to the business dealings Kushner had with the Saudis? From what I remember, the Trump admin was explicitly pro-Israel from the get go and normalizing relations between the Saudis and Israel, getting UAE, Bahrain etc. to sign the Abraham Accords and so and forth, all fits right into this foreign policy direction that they pursued from the very beginning. The way I see it, Kushner built relationships with powerful Middle Eastern leaders during the negotiations and used these connections and the occasion to pocket some money for himself.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 28 2023 08:59am
Mar 28 2023 09:08am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 28 2023 10:56am)
Isn't this assertion demonstrably false? Trump's net worth declined by well over a billion during his presidency. It's very obvious that he's a narcissist whose primary interest is attention and adulation, rather than money.

No, Trump's declining net worth was not because of his lack of interest in making money.
Gold: 260.11
Mar 28 2023 09:45am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 28 2023 09:56am)
Do we have any evidence that the Trump administration changed its foreign policy due to the business dealings Kushner had with the Saudis? From what I remember, the Trump admin was explicitly pro-Israel from the get go and normalizing relations between the Saudis and Israel, getting UAE, Bahrain etc. to sign the Abraham Accords and so and forth, all fits right into this foreign policy direction that they pursued from the very beginning. The way I see it, Kushner built relationships with powerful Middle Eastern leaders during the negotiations and used these connections and the occasion to pocket some money for himself.

Can you really say you would be asking this and not frothing at the mouth if it was reversed? I think we both know the answer.

Kushner was actively involved in negotiations in the Middle East that massively impacted Saudi Arabia including multiple controversial weapons sales. Now there's a 2 billion dollar investment that the Saudis own bank says is a bad idea. Yes, it's pretty obvious there's some degree of quid pro quo here.

That being said, it's normal. This is literally how the system is designed to work. We have a revolving door between private companies which are involved with other governments and politics.

This post was edited by NetflixAdaptationWidow on Mar 28 2023 09:54am
Gold: 2,617.52
Mar 28 2023 11:06am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 28 2023 10:42am)
This quote highlights the problem with the right-wing propaganda. The lack of consequences regarding their fake scandal result in less faith in the system... but the system treated the claim appropriately.

You guys believe in bullshit, and when the bullshit doesn't materialize, you blame the system, rather than reassessing your information.

Not really. Although right wing news has gotten 10x worse under Biden.

The problem is that Republicans don't use the same overwhelming tactics.

Its a lot easier for Democrats to lie if they want to because they own hollywood, schools, and most other entertainment.

We heard year-long headlines about absolutely asinine things in the past. If the media wants something to stick, it'll make it happen.
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 28 2023 01:07pm
Quote (IceMage @ 28 Mar 2023 17:08)
No, Trump's declining net worth was not because of his lack of interest in making money.

Maybe, but this doesn't contradict my main point, by which I still stand: Trump's primary concern, the primary reason why he went into politics and keeps trying to win back the presidency instead of riding into the sunset, is clearly to feed his narcissism.

Quote (NetflixAdaptationWidow @ 28 Mar 2023 17:45)
Can you really say you would be asking this and not frothing at the mouth if it was reversed? I think we both know the answer.

In case you haven't noticed: I was never one to be particularly furious or triggered by all the Hunter Biden stuff. My position has always been that this stuff is clearly shady and bad, but that it's neither hugely impactful on US foreign policy, nor hugely harmful, nor hugely relevant electorally. So yes, I would be more critical if the roles were reversed, I'm a filthy and shameless partisan hack after all ;) ... but I wouldn't be "frothing at the mouth".

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 28 2023 01:10pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll