d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 4 > D4 Discussion > No More Crying.
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 28 2023 04:28pm
Quote (BlakeXeal @ 27 Mar 2023 11:57)
I don't think that's what developers are even aiming for anymore. In terms of costs it helps having the game be popular for a short amount of time and then have people return each battle pass. That way there's no server strain and they have something similar to a subscription, while people hardly use it. Think of the modern netflix content. It sucks, but people still subscribe just for maybe 1 show. Netflix in the past had so much content people were binge watching shows all the time. Now you are lucky to find one nice thing a week to watch.

They want enough content to keep people around for a duration to buy battle pass cosmetics, after that you have to ask yourself why they would care. They already have your 70 dollars or whatever price point you chose for more expensive editions.

I imagine each battle pass release will coincide to "fixing" problems they created intentionally in order to generate hype for returning players. Selling solutions to problems players figured out ages ago is a long time blizzard tradition.

Be ready. Skill tree feels optimized to enable specific builds with season rotations. When a build is "enabled" (understand now META), new unique/legendary items will be included with the update to achieve this build and season pass will have cosmetics specific to it. Just as they do for guns in COD.

Just my prediction...
Gold: 745.00
Mar 28 2023 04:30pm
Keep crying
Go Back To D4 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll