d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Tuning.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,653.01
Mar 25 2023 05:47pm
Using stock hu.
Lc8i to amps.
I basically have low pre out voltage at lc8i output. Turning the volume dials on the unit raises them evrr so slightly........ hu eq is flat. Will re tuning with the eq settings amped up a little bit offer Mr a better pre out voltage at lc8i?

Also I set my amp ga8ns with zero or no overlap... should I be setting them a little higher?

This system seems like it has a lot more potential...

I'm actually sure ofnit.. it just is not loud enough... and I'm thinking it's my rca voltage?

2020 tahoe
Stock headuint
Lc8i
3 xv3 15s
Salt 8
96 ah headway
Rockford 600.4
Prv mr500 neos 6.5s

Shit should be blowing me out of the water but it don't seem much louder than a 5k system atm..

I should be at least pulling a good 2500 per sub... any insight?

Everything was tuned with dd1+
Gold: 0.45
May 14 2023 07:28pm
thats a sick system!!
i also have a salt 8k on 2 team Fi 15s in my lexus, that stock headunit could be your bottleneck with a flat dirty signal.
the audio control unit boosts the signal voltage but you really need a DSP for more flexibility to EQ back in on multiple frequency bands below 100Hz
#1 recommend to consider getting a DSP and a nice 4V/5V source unit by Alpine or Pioneer.
DSP also allows you to run your mids and highs active and tune crossover points and slopes with a phone / laptop.
Let me know if you need some recommends

Cheers

This post was edited by kookymunsta309 on May 14 2023 07:33pm
Gold: 4,653.01
Jun 27 2023 06:01pm
Quote (kookymunsta309 @ May 14 2023 09:28pm)
thats a sick system!!
i also have a salt 8k on 2 team Fi 15s in my lexus, that stock headunit could be your bottleneck with a flat dirty signal.
the audio control unit boosts the signal voltage but you really need a DSP for more flexibility to EQ back in on multiple frequency bands below 100Hz
#1 recommend to consider getting a DSP and a nice 4V/5V source unit by Alpine or Pioneer.
DSP also allows you to run your mids and highs active and tune crossover points and slopes with a phone / laptop.
Let me know if you need some recommends

Cheers

its retarrrrded, my dude was 4 lanes over and heard me on the highway with the windows up lol. i think the factory hu is holding me back so im currently thinking about going some sort of highend dsp or trying to figure out hu replacement. but i have a 2020 tahoe and it gets tricky when u want to replace the headunit. i might have to compromise on some things that i use here and there.. like backup cam maybe steering controls.

the lc8i plays from 20gz up. so im sure its the factory headunit.. it isnt sending 30-40 htz to the mids lol...

im all for recommendations for a good dsp. i have no idea on that side of the tuning aspect though but im sure i can figure it out.

im actually thinking about adding a 4th walled. or getting a 2ns salt 8 strapping them and letting them eat lol.

This post was edited by premo1985 on Jun 27 2023 06:02pm
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll