d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > It's Both Inspiring & Worrisome All At Once...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Mar 24 2023 11:31am
GPT-4 is outperforming GPT-3 by huge leaps and bounds.
I love tech thingies, yet worry when a form of tech has the capacity to displace huge numbers of both skilled and semi-skilled people who want to work.

Well, the box is open. Let's see where it leads us as I do not think that you nor I have any say nor control about how generative AI will be used. May we not become obsolete. :blush:

:hug:
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 25 2023 06:11pm
i tried but holy shit that guy is unlistenable :wacko: sounds like hes singing when he says aaaaand or oooor or stuff like that

also as yann lecun pointed it out, openai doesnt really do anything new, the idea has existed for years and the only reason no one went public with it is because i guess no one wanted to bother enough to censor it with rlhf (which proved to be a mistake judging by how much money openai got from this stunt). transformer model was created i think back in 2017 and no one gave a fuck until openai went public with it, even though it was a subpar product compared to many of the already existing models. same with gato by deepmind (which is a better model of this sort from like 2 years ago) and gpt4

people should be aware of that this is machine learning, not intelligence. i mean it will replace jobs because most jobs dont actually require intelligence, only knowing things, and since gpt4 has like a trillion parameters it ofc has better knowing of things. but since it doesnt have intelligence it cant adapt, so it can be used to create new jobs as well. treat it like a tractor or something. i mean you can still use cows, but a tractor is faster. its still a tool and nothing more :zzz: and anyone who says a deep neural network will lead to AI is either uninformed and hyped af, or just plain lying

oh one more thing. some time ago a model named alpaca was created, which basically worked like chatgpt but for a fraction of the cost. the cost was so low that you can basically train and use your own model on like 500$ worth of hardware. the moment the news hit, (((sam altman))) went public and started to cry how this technology should be regulated, because he saw HE is the one getting replaced. i just read it because thats one more person i find unlistenable :wacko:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Mar 25 2023 06:16pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll