d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Learning An Instrument
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 213.00
Mar 16 2023 10:50pm
I’m a complete beginner musically and I’m wondering if I’m getting in over my head? Always been interested in playing but never had the means.

Apparently I have the hands for it and a deep voice I’ve been told to make use of, so thinking 2 birds 1 stone.

Any tips or any useful videos/information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Edit - I’ll be attending weekly classes

This post was edited by wing_fighter2 on Mar 16 2023 11:15pm
Gold: 5,094.55
Mar 21 2023 08:21pm
motivation and discipline are for me the most important things (and the instrument ofc) and it seems you have all already :)

what kind of music you want to learn? I'm just being curious

what instrument are you learning?

and for now I think the only tips I could bring are talk to your teacher, sometimes the teacher is not good for you but you think you are doing something wrong. A good teacher should motivate you to practice and play a lot at the end of every class.

At the beginning it may feel a little hard and boring since your learn the basics and your fingers are adapting to the new "movements". But again, motivation and discipline will pay off later on if you keep on practicing. Which leads me to my final point

PRACTICE, every day. You don't have to practice 3 hours everyday. At the beginning literally 15min will be enough, but try to practice every day of the week, (ideally 6 of the 7 days, and respect that routine, your day off you shouldn't even look at the instrument)

if that's too much at the beginning np, 3 or 4 days a week will do the work

ps one final tip, keep listening to the music you like / want to learn. It will keep you motivated whilst teaching your ear to pay attention to new and different parts of the same song / piece. Check covers of the songs / pieces you wanna learn, (not only of your instrument, but every other cover you may come across to)

oh and before I forget, you mentioned two things: you want to learn an instrument AND to sing, right? you'll be attending weekly classes of which? if you are only learning to play an intrument, there's hundreds of tutorial and videos to warm up your voice and learn how to contro yourl breathing. That's for a start

hope it helped you, you can pm me if you have more questions. I am a guitar teacher, my english is not the best, but I may help you get through a particular doubt if you cannot wait for the next weekly class :P
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll