d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Beginner Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,715.80
Mar 13 2023 12:28am
I’ve read quite a few guides, but can’t find the answer to these couple questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. What causes your map to reset?
2A. Does your primary charm heal or attack automatically during battles? Or only if it is clicked?
2B. If your charm is your primary healing, is it pretty important to make sure you having a heal charm (or at least on swap) if your not a caster. Not being a caster, is there any benefit to a non-heal charm?

3. Does the EE on your accessory charm only affect the charm itself?

Thank you ahead of time!
Gold: 837.87
Mar 13 2023 12:34am
Quote (ministerdan @ 13 Mar 2023 02:28)
I’ve read quite a few guides, but can’t find the answer to these couple questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. What causes your map to reset?
2A. Does your primary charm heal or attack automatically during battles? Or only if it is clicked?
2B. If your charm is your primary healing, is it pretty important to make sure you having a heal charm (or at least on swap) if your not a caster. Not being a caster, is there any benefit to a non-heal charm?

3. Does the EE on your accessory charm only affect the charm itself?

Thank you ahead of time!

1. Are you trying to reset the map on purpose? (I'm also unsure if you mean, catacombs or an actual map. The below answer covers both)
If so, you need to "Make a group" then "Leave the group"
or simply log out, via the logout buttons

2A. It should automatically attack if you click on a monster. I can't quite recall for heals

2B. A charm not intended to be used for healing would only benefit you for its usable stats, the most desired being Dex or Strength

3. Yes. At a 25% less effectiveness rate

This post was edited by TheBert on Mar 13 2023 12:35am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 13 2023 12:38am
1. Joining a group, or leaving ur group. Long Timed out disconnects, new events appear to reset them lately for me.
2a. U have to select it to use it, attack charms you gotta click monsters. Heal charm u can click on monster to heal urself, or other members to heal them
2b. If melee or not casting, main stat charm is best depending on ur weapon, only casters need heal charms as melee just usually regen in town when low.
3. Ee on any item only affects that item, ee on charm makes the charm damage go up, any charm in acc slot doesn't get any effects on charm except ee
Gold: 7,715.80
Mar 13 2023 01:47am
Quote (TheBert @ Mar 12 2023 08:34pm)
1. Are you trying to reset the map on purpose? (I'm also unsure if you mean, catacombs or an actual map. The below answer covers both)

2A. It should automatically attack if you click on a monster. I can't quite recall for heals

2B. A charm not intended to be used for healing would only benefit you for its usable stats, the most desired being Dex or Strength

Quote (kn0ck0ut @ Mar 12 2023 08:38pm)
1. Joining a group, or leaving ur group. Long Timed out disconnects, new events appear to reset them lately for me.
2a. U have to select it to use it, attack charms you gotta click monsters. Heal charm u can click on monster to heal urself, or other members to heal them
2b. If melee or not casting, main stat charm is best depending on ur weapon, only casters need heal charms as melee just usually regen in town when low.
3. Ee on any item only affects that item, ee on charm makes the charm damage go up, any charm in acc slot doesn't get any effects on charm except ee

1. Sorry. I should've clarified the catacombs map. Just started playing a couple days ago. I'm a level 48 fighter. When I was like level 10-20, it was possible to clear a whole catacombs and get the reward for that on the last revealed square. Since about 35, I've found it pretty impossible.

However, thank you for the insight, because I think a couple times it has been logging out to a mule for something. Other times, it has been a few hour break. So, at least it tells me that it's normal.

2. So as a fighter for example, (unless I'm using it for a future character), the type of charm (wind/ice/heal) is pretty irrelevant if I'm never casting a spell? So just focus on primary stat like strength?

3. Since that's the case, is there any harm in ignoring the acc charm slot for my fighter?

This post was edited by ministerdan on Mar 13 2023 01:48am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Mar 13 2023 02:09am
Quote (ministerdan @ Mar 13 2023 02:47am)
1. Sorry. I should've clarified the catacombs map. Just started playing a couple days ago. I'm a level 48 fighter. When I was like level 10-20, it was possible to clear a whole catacombs and get the reward for that on the last revealed square. Since about 35, I've found it pretty impossible.

However, thank you for the insight, because I think a couple times it has been logging out to a mule for something. Other times, it has been a few hour break. So, at least it tells me that it's normal.

2. So as a fighter for example, (unless I'm using it for a future character), the type of charm (wind/ice/heal) is pretty irrelevant if I'm never casting a spell? So just focus on primary stat like strength?

3. Since that's the case, is there any harm in ignoring the acc charm slot for my fighter?

The higher the lvl you are when u start a catacombs, the bigger the catacombs, if u wanted smaller catacombs, u can always create game.wkth a lvl 10 to 20 char, then switch over to ur main char if u want,

To answer the charms, yes just focus on stats for ur fighter, more than likely I'm guessing it will be str mod u need, and no need anything in acc slot.
Gold: 1,837.69
Warn: 10%
Mar 13 2023 06:02am
Quote (TheBert @ Mar 13 2023 02:34am)

Is this your obligatory help someone post cuz I called you out?
Watching you try to help is like someone putting make up on a donkey. We still know who you are and what you truly look like.

But for the original poster if you need more direction and help getting on your feet and understanding the game. You can pm me questions, if you have a discord i can invite you. My guild and I will gladly help you understand the game and get you on your feet if you are serious about playing

This post was edited by Outraged on Mar 13 2023 06:03am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll