d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ls Update
Prev1212223242544Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,420.73
Nov 5 2014 01:41am
I probably won't group play on a phone just to be nice to the others but you can bet I will solo like crazy. Also skilling.

Click... Click ... Click.... wait... no, Tap... Tap... Tap...
Gold: 453.25
Nov 5 2014 04:18am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 5 Nov 2014 04:29)
I can not wait to see how many people will do full runs on their phone and go afk because they are at work,
walking down the street walking into people and reducing their actions, or they are at a bar, drunk gaming and
off to the toilet and dropping it in the urinal or the white porcelian bowl by accident.

So... I am guessing there will be a new saying, instead of "What kinda gear do you have?" to "Are you on your phone or on a computer?" before
kicking them from the run... :D

Jokes aside, I like the idea of this update being html5 for the phone users, but I just can not wait for updates to the game.
Click / Click / Click

EDIT: AFK, got a phone call incoming... brb

And they will still be better than you
Nov 5 2014 04:49am
I actually have done almost a full climb very recent only on my phone using Photon Browser. It's not as bad as many say. One of the hurdles (which I'm sure Paul is fixing) is the click system. Photon has 3 mouse modes that you can switch between and this is where the clunkyness happens. One mouse mode is a cursor pointer which you can use to hover over items to view them. Another is a drag pointer used for shrining, skilling and marketplace. The third is a simple tap pointer used for attacks and clicking on town areas. Using all three is a chore. Plus you need the on screen keyboard up to move in catacombs, taking up some of the screen space.

Wanted to share this to see if anyone else has spent time using it to see what they say. I'm on a Samsung galaxy s4.

Quote (deeds @ Nov 5 2014 05:18am)
And they will still be better than you

Aww, Rex has a fanboy. So cute! :wub: If that's the best you got you sir are becoming a softie. You should come over to hardcore and we can teach you a few things, I'd be happy to take you under my wing. Who knows, someday you could be as great as Rex!

This post was edited by jlhromeo on Nov 5 2014 04:50am
Gold: 322,216.72
Nov 5 2014 05:49am
Quote (jlhromeo @ 5 Nov 2014 11:49)
I actually have done almost a full climb very recent only on my phone using Photon Browser. It's not as bad as many say.  One of the hurdles (which I'm sure Paul is fixing) is the click system.  Photon has 3 mouse modes that you can switch between and this is where the clunkyness happens.  One mouse mode is a cursor pointer which you can use to hover over items to view them.  Another is a drag pointer used for shrining, skilling and marketplace.  The third is a simple tap pointer used for attacks and clicking on town areas. Using all three is a chore.  Plus you need the on screen keyboard up to move in catacombs, taking up some of the screen space.

Wanted to share this to see if anyone else has spent time using it to see what they say.  I'm on a Samsung galaxy s4.

Aww, Rex has a fanboy.  So cute!  :wub:  If that's the best you got you sir are becoming a softie.  You should come over to hardcore and we can teach you a few things , I'd be happy to take you under my wing.  Who knows, someday you could be as great as Rex!

:rofl:

please teach me
Admin
Gold: 18,870.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 5 2014 07:43am
Quote (jlhromeo @ 5 Nov 2014 04:49)
I actually have done almost a full climb very recent only on my phone using Photon Browser. It's not as bad as many say.  One of the hurdles (which I'm sure Paul is fixing) is the click system.  Photon has 3 mouse modes that you can switch between and this is where the clunkyness happens.  One mouse mode is a cursor pointer which you can use to hover over items to view them.  Another is a drag pointer used for shrining, skilling and marketplace.  The third is a simple tap pointer used for attacks and clicking on town areas. Using all three is a chore.  Plus you need the on screen keyboard up to move in catacombs, taking up some of the screen space.

Wanted to share this to see if anyone else has spent time using it to see what they say.  I'm on a Samsung galaxy s4.

Plus the layout on the current version is a little too big for a mobile screen, so scrolling around is required, which is a pain. This has been remedied for most screens now, login, char select, town, catacombs (maze and combat). You will love the new version, it plays like a dream on the phone (and desktop is nearly the same look and feel, but improved, IMO.)

The other cool thing is that with Android 4.2+ (I think), the phone call notifications and such are a little box in the top left corner, so you could get a call and answer it without really interrupting your game. Wifi and 4G networks still work during a call, and the phone screen doesn't mess with whatever you were already doing unless you put the phone to your ear. ;)

Anyway, I'm back to working on it. Got the MQ functionally ported last night, but will need to give it a once-over to clean up some graphical stuff.
Nov 5 2014 07:56am
Quote (njaguar @ Nov 5 2014 08:43am)
Plus the layout on the current version is a little too big for a mobile screen, so scrolling around is required, which is a pain. This has been remedied for most screens now, login, char select, town, catacombs (maze and combat). You will love the new version, it plays like a dream on the phone (and desktop is nearly the same look and feel, but improved, IMO.)

The other cool thing is that with Android 4.2+ (I think), the phone call notifications and such are a little box in the top left corner, so you could get a call and answer it without really interrupting your game. Wifi and 4G networks still work during a call, and the phone screen doesn't mess with whatever you were already doing unless you put the phone to your ear. ;)

Anyway, I'm back to working on it. Got the MQ functionally ported last night, but will need to give it a once-over to clean up some graphical stuff.

I'm looking forward to it for sure. Even older devices like my old GS3 were updated to the newer android versions, which will be nice for a wide array of support among different phones.

I've done both slashing on WiFi and 4G/3G, and lag isn't a big issue even with Photon Browser's streaming process - it runs the flash from a remote server and streams to the device. Solo is fine and skilling is also working well this way. I'm sure I may notice it more in a full group, but look forward to breaking away from this and using it in Firefox or the stock browser and using my own connection.

Keep it up, and thanks for the comments. B)

Quote (Flo13 @ Nov 5 2014 06:49am)
:rofl:

please teach me

You need no teachings from me kind sir, other than come on over to hardcore more often! We need more GM slashers!
Gold: 141.20
Nov 5 2014 07:59am
Quote (njaguar @ Nov 5 2014 01:43pm)

:hail:

Keep up the good work :)
Gold: 1,637.76
Nov 5 2014 08:19am
Quote (njaguar @ Nov 5 2014 08:43am)

Can't wait !! :banana:
Gold: 2,002.14
Nov 5 2014 11:59am
Paul, Will you let us know when you have an ETA on release? :)
Gold: 4,120.55
Nov 5 2014 12:03pm
Quote (SCXiao @ Nov 5 2014 05:59pm)
Paul, Will you let us know when you have an ETA on release? :)

this would be amazing ! :D

and thanks for keep the communita well updated <3
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1212223242544Next
Closed New Topic New Poll