d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Why Are People Giving Brock So Much Credit?
Prev15678930Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 126.00
Dec 16 2009 09:52am
Quote (Ty- @ Dec 16 2009 10:18am)
See this leaves me to believe you're just riding the lesnar bus.
I'm not trying to discredit him as a fighter in anyway, but there is TONS of reasons to not like the guy.

And any 'true mma fan' would look at him and say hmm... a guy with very little skill or experience gets a title shot because of his name.
And due to his size speed strength and just level of athletism, he obtained the ufc hw belt.
What a joke.

Well... you are wrong...
He clearly has more skill then you will ever recognize..

The fact that he is the HW Champ should shut you people up.. but you guys are always trying him..
To say he has no skill is a total bash on Mir/ Randy and anyone else Brock WILL beat.

I'll be the first you feed you your words. You will be eating them

-----------------------------------

I understand there being a " Bus " for certain fighters.. but not title holders.. they have earned their fans and their 1# spot..

need I say more?

This post was edited by Nictorius on Dec 16 2009 09:53am
Gold: 250.00
Dec 16 2009 10:04am
Quote (Nictorius @ Dec 16 2009 10:52am)
Well... you are wrong...
He clearly has more skill then you will ever recognize..

The fact that he is the HW Champ should shut you people up.. but you guys are always trying him..
To say he has no skill is a total bash on Mir/ Randy and anyone else Brock WILL beat.

I'll be the first you feed you your words. You will be eating them

-----------------------------------

I understand there being a " Bus " for certain fighters.. but not title holders.. they have earned their fans and their 1# spot..

need I say more?

LOLBUS

done arguing with idiots, sorry.
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 100%
Dec 16 2009 10:38am
jesus chirst, ive never seen a nobody that hasnt performed well UP until his last fight, get so much credit... I love how fickle MMA fans are

When brock loses, we better get a suicide helpline present here in MaWaB
Gold: 30,000.00
Dec 16 2009 10:44am
Quote (FatZero @ Dec 16 2009 10:38am)
jesus chirst, ive never seen a nobody that hasnt performed well UP until his last fight, get so much credit... I love how fickle MMA fans are

When brock loses, we better get a suicide helpline present here in MaWaB

now theres a built in scapegoat tho. it was his months away from training and hurt intestine that made him lose.

although it is a viable reason that may be an actual reasonn and not an excuse. on the other hand ive also read that Lesnar could be stronger coming back because his body was fighting off the illness and strength wasnt 100% becuase of that.

This post was edited by theduds07 on Dec 16 2009 10:45am
Gold: 58.00
Dec 16 2009 10:53am
Quote (theduds07 @ Dec 16 2009 11:44am)
now theres a built in scapegoat tho. it was his months away from training and hurt intestine that made him lose.

although it is a viable reason that may be an actual reasonn and not an excuse. on the other hand ive also read that Lesnar could be stronger coming back because his body was fighting off the illness and strength wasnt 100% becuase of that.

i doubt he will come back stronger, when you are not at 100% physicly, you know it.
that leaves 2options regarding this
a) he wasnt at 100% and they dint tell anyone about it.
b ) he was fighting at 100%

This post was edited by dechristianize on Dec 16 2009 10:53am
Gold: 30,000.00
Dec 16 2009 10:58am
Quote (dechristianize @ Dec 16 2009 10:53am)
i doubt he will come back stronger, when you are not at 100% physicly, you know it.
that leaves 2options regarding this
a) he wasnt at 100% and they dint tell anyone about it.
b ) he was fighting at 100%

so your saying that brock knew was at 100% before??? its entirely possible he just thought he was. especially when your winning fights and a HW champ you got to be liking your performance a little bit lol. im not saying thats what has been going on, im just saying thatd be interesting and very scary to see a stronger better brock lesnar.

Lesnar was a WWE wrestler, and yes that shit is fake and BS, but the performing with the pain aspect of that sport is well known, many of those guys go out there with separated shoulders, bruised ribs etc. any true MMA fighter knows you got nagging injuries and you just battle through them, your never 100%, just wanna be as close to it as possible

This post was edited by theduds07 on Dec 16 2009 10:59am
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 100%
Dec 16 2009 11:01am
Quote (theduds07 @ 16 Dec 2009 09:58)
so your saying that brock knew was at 100% before??? its entirely possible he just thought he was. especially when your winning fights and a HW champ you got to be liking your performance a little bit lol. im not saying thats what has been going on, im just saying thatd be interesting and very scary to see a stronger better brock lesnar.

Lesnar was a WWE wrestler, and yes that shit is fake and BS, but the performing with the pain aspect of that sport is well known, many of those guys go out there with separated shoulders, bruised ribs etc. any true MMA fighter knows you got nagging injuries and you just battle through them, your never 100%, just wanna be as close to it as possible

so your saying, he WASNT at 100% only based on the fact he was a pro wrestler and "has a high pain tolerence"

WHat evidence do we have to suggest this was affecting him historically?
Gold: 58.00
Dec 16 2009 11:07am
Quote (theduds07 @ Dec 16 2009 11:58am)

i get your point and it would surely be interesting to see him even stronger.
but i think there is a difference between fighting with a minor injury and fighting while having some sort of illness, you can have some pain tolerence toward injurys, but theres not much you can do about illness.
Gold: 258.00
Dec 16 2009 11:38am
mir > fedor by pure skill

both bjj
and stand up

so if lesnar > mir in lesnar/mir III

then lesnar will easily defeat fedor

all lesnar has to do is fix a few small holes in his ground game and then all the rest is stand up practice.

if lesnar knew BJJ + some dirty standup he would hold t he belt until retirement.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Dec 16 2009 11:39am
Regardless of all the bullshit in this thread. Lesnar is A) going to have some ring rust .. and B) going to have serious muscle atrophy from this illness. Hasn't he been bed-ridden for a few of these months?
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev15678930Next
Closed New Topic New Poll