d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Watermarkxx. To Better Explain The Situation > In Regards To Using Irl Money On Games
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,627.00
Jul 30 2015 07:07am
Your Thread: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=73025022&f=21

I've briefly skimmed this thread, and while I can understand where you are coming from, there are many aspects to which you did not consider.

1) Those who have enough money can spend it in any which way they please. There is little difference in spending $300 on a video game item to last for months as it is to spend $300 on going to your favorite sports game/concert that will be over in a hr or an expensive dinner that you will excrete the following morning anyway. What it really comes down to is enjoyment. Value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. To a man making $300k a year, it means nothing to go out a drop $80k on a car for fun. Those who can afford to splurge have a different mind set than someone making say a $30k a year. PS. Where you live has nothing to do with it. Look at arab nations for example; they gold plate their cars and give zero fucks

2) Money begets more money. It takes money to invest and proper investment far out yields regular "working for a living." I can spend a couple hundred on a game to get a head start on those who did not. Once I become famous or the "best" at it, I will be able to turn around and profit off of my reputation by over charging or more easily gaining this and that. By "paying to play," not only will you be able to enjoy the game at a higher level than you counterparts, but if you can see the growing potential in a game (or anything in that aspect) and have the bells to take a risk for a short cut to the top, you can very quickly turn a couple hundred into a couple thousand. I, among many others here are living proof of this.

And finally I wanted to point out that to judge a person by their passions and hobbies is foolish. You would be surprised in how much common ground an artist, body builder, businessman, and doctor can have. Remember there are still tons of fit and happy/successful people play this old ass game.

This post was edited by Azn Masta on Jul 30 2015 07:15am
Gold: 1,385.00
Jul 30 2015 07:15am
For sure there are plenty of people enjoying this old game, im probably one of the biggest fans of this age old game.
However i HAVENT JUDGED ANYONE!
Judging is saying something is or isn't good. I havent done that in any way...
As i now will tell for the 4th or 5th time: IN MY OPINION it is ridiculous to spend that kind a money on games.... Once again: in my opinion. I just gave my opinion. If people feel that they are being judged by that well than thats there problem. However it seems like i am the one being judged for coming forth of mine opinion that happens to be a different opinion then mainstream. So what?. So ask urself the question: who is judging who?
Gold: 500.00
Jul 30 2015 07:16am
You best listen to Azn Masta bro, he's a Dr.
Gold: 9,627.00
Jul 30 2015 07:21am
Quote (watermarkxx @ Jul 30 2015 09:15am)
For sure there are plenty of people enjoying this old game, im probably one of the biggest fans of this age old game.
However i HAVENT JUDGED ANYONE!
Judging is saying something is or isn't good. I havent done that in any way...
As i now will tell for the 4th or 5th time: IN MY OPINION it is ridiculous to spend that kind a money on games.... Once again: in my opinion. I just gave my opinion. If people feel that they are being judged by that well than thats there problem. However it seems like i am the one being judged for coming forth of mine opinion that happens to be a different opinion then mainstream. So what?. So ask urself the question: who is judging who?

And I but gave mine :)

Just wanted you to look at it from another perspective. A mistake many people fail to do before coming to quick opinion about others on.

This post was edited by Azn Masta on Jul 30 2015 07:22am
Jul 30 2015 07:36am
I can't and will not disagree on that.like i said every one is entitled for having and giving their own opinion. Im happy if people do. However like u said we all got a different kind of view. Thought about this view. Those 500 bucks that are spend on one person for playing some game.. Well that person could have helped a starving family for example.... But that is each persons own choice. I will not and have not ever judged people cause of their choice of where to spend money ...However i just gave my opinion .. In the responses That ive got u can see that most people that are judginog me are the ones with a few k fg.... Makes me think :D
And yeah i don't really care about all this flaming i just enjoy discussion, thats also why i am in politics (im working as physicist) but do the politics in spare time...but really why are people getting so aggitadet about my opinion?? Do they care so much for what i have to say? :D

Btw the comment towards u should listen to him cause he is a doctor. So? What has that got to do.with anything??

This post was edited by watermarkxx on Jul 30 2015 07:37am
Gold: 3.37
Jul 30 2015 07:36am
Stay awhile, and listen.

Pretty sure this guy is just gonna be a tard no matter what, but, dont worry, this guys a doctor too.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jul 30 2015 07:41am
Jul 30 2015 07:44am
Quote (Ep0ch @ Jul 30 2015 02:36pm)
Stay awhile, and listen.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a8/a8b87c8ad01a6e721c3aebf304c204e0aef1e3906d40cfd5a68b253eec78925b.jpg

-edit

Pretty sure this guy is just gonna be a tard no matter what, but, dont worry.
http://i.imgur.com/6aNPyOD.png

Ah thats a pity, u are the first who is.imo intellectual not capable of giving his opinion without swearing or namecallling ... Pls keep the discussion free of spam^^
Gold: 41.05
Jul 30 2015 07:46am
Quote (watermarkxx @ Jul 30 2015 02:36pm)
Those 500 bucks that are spend on one person for playing some game.. Well that person could have helped a starving family for example

It doesn't matter where you spend your money, it will be an income for someone who needs it somewhere (most likely a programmer in this case), spending helps economy
Gold: 3.37
Jul 30 2015 07:47am
I never claimed to be an intelectual, and i have nothing to say on the matter. people can spend money on w/e who cares.

I really get annoyed when people double talk and contradict them selves, which you have done already.

You really should just listen to what Azn said cuz it is the best reply you will get.

Or deal with people like me. Your choice? or is it mine? its hard to tell isn't it?
Gold: 500.00
Jul 30 2015 07:48am
Quote (watermarkxx @ Jul 30 2015 09:36am)
I can't and will not disagree on that.like i said every one is entitled for having and giving their own opinion. Im happy if people do. However like u said we all got a different kind of view. Thought about this view. Those 500 bucks that are spend on one person for playing some game.. Well that person could have helped a starving family for example.... But that is each persons own choice. I will not and have not ever judged people cause of their choice of where to spend money ...However i just gave my opinion .. In the responses That ive got u can see that most people that are judginog me are the ones with a few k fg.... Makes me think :D
And yeah i don't really care about all this flaming i just enjoy discussion, thats also why i am in politics (im working as physicist) but do the politics in spare time...but really why are people getting so aggitadet about my opinion?? Do they care so much for what i have to say? :D

Btw the comment towards u should listen to him cause he is a doctor. So? What has that got to do.with anything??

I wonder whose multi this troll is? Someone obviously mad/jealous about something... clearly masking your rage beneath all of these emoticons, exaggerations, and "unbiased opinions"..

hmm philong imo ;)

Oh and here's a pro tip - work on your grammer if you want to be taken seriously, especially being a "physicist".

This post was edited by Decarnate on Jul 30 2015 07:50am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll