d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Destiny Football Release Thread
Prev1134813491350135113521440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,023.46
May 23 2018 12:41pm
Quote (stuartg85 @ May 23 2018 02:13pm)
is the first one just for story line shit or will i actually miss out on levels/weapons?

You will miss out on story and a good raid lair. Osiris gear will still drop from current activities but I'm actually not sure if that's tied to owning the license or not.

Character and Power level progression will be the same regardless, aside from missing a round of high level drops you would get from running the first raid lair each week.
Gold: 6,313.21
May 23 2018 12:50pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ May 23 2018 01:45pm)
Prestige raid gear didn’t exist prior to Taken King and was only a reskin then as well. I’m not a fan of Eververse either but people need to stop changing the narrative and resorting to hyperbole to complain about Eververse.

How is it changing the narrative or hyperbole? It's quite literally a fact that the game launched with nearly half of the armors being reskins while the Eververse items were unique.

Just because they did something in the past doesn't mean it's okay to continue doing it. As I already said in this line of posts, I had a problem with their behavior around EV in D1 as well. But I think that you chose to only respond to 1 of 5 listed tells me what I need to know.

Call it pessimism or cynicism. To me it's obvious that Bungie intended for EV to be much bigger in D2 and made a lot of decisions based on that. I stated multiple times in D1 that LL 3 armors and ghosts being in EV was a sign that they were seeing how far they could push the line. And here we are where it's become a huge controversy now that the community at large hasn't been enjoying the game long enough to see what EV really is.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 23 2018 03:59pm
I want to play PvP so bad right now. I had a pretty damn good time running with you guys. My shot and movement are still off, and I noticed with the controller I'm using that it turns super slowly to the right, which is a major pain in the ass, but I could feel myself getting a bit better/more competent each game. We so need to find a solid 4th for trials. Crash especially seems to have gotten pretty fucking good at PvP, even on losing games he's not doing poorly and I'm damn impressed by how much he's inproved. Mangina still solid as ever and a good addition to any four man group, but the other three seemed to have trouble communicating or holding a position. They're cool guys, but I don't see us going flawless and probably even struggling for 6 if we can't find another solid Slayer.

Obviously I need to get a lot better as well, but this quarter is coming to a close and it's looking like even though I'll be slammed during days, I'll have a lot less homework and more time at night to practice and get my shit down where I'm hopefully able to carry a game here it there when someone is off. I might be able to jump on tonight, but still until my damn mother-in-law leaves and this current week where I've got 4 tests on Tuesday passes, I'm only going to be able to commit an hour or two at most a night.
May 23 2018 05:02pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 23 2018 05:59pm)
I want to play PvP so bad right now. I had a pretty damn good time running with you guys. My shot and movement are still off, and I noticed with the controller I'm using that it turns super slowly to the right, which is a major pain in the ass, but I could feel myself getting a bit better/more competent each game. We so need to find a solid 4th for trials. Crash especially seems to have gotten pretty fucking good at PvP, even on losing games he's not doing poorly and I'm damn impressed by how much he's inproved. Mangina still solid as ever and a good addition to any four man group, but the other three seemed to have trouble communicating or holding a position. They're cool guys, but I don't see us going flawless and probably even struggling for 6 if we can't find another solid Slayer.

Obviously I need to get a lot better as well, but this quarter is coming to a close and it's looking like even though I'll be slammed during days, I'll have a lot less homework and more time at night to practice and get my shit down where I'm hopefully able to carry a game here it there when someone is off. I might be able to jump on tonight, but still until my damn mother-in-law leaves and this current week where I've got 4 tests on Tuesday passes, I'm only going to be able to commit an hour or two at most a night.

GGs for sure. And yeah, none of those guys really go hard with pvp. Keep in mind they're all friends I found naturally running raids on destiny, aside from waffle who is asdzx@jsp/my roommate.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 23 2018 05:04pm
Quote (Mangina @ May 23 2018 04:02pm)
GGs for sure. And yeah, none of those guys really go hard with pvp. Keep in mind they're all friends I found naturally running raids on destiny, aside from waffle who is asdzx@jsp/my roommate.

Aw, that makes sense. Waffle seemed decent too, but he was the one having the net issues right? How the fuck was he lagging out but you didn't have any issues? That's just fucking weird lol. I hate being bad-mediocre at things, so I'm going to keep trying to improve, but you and Crash have both gotten better it seems, and I bet we'rd fucking face-roll a lot of people with the three of us and one other well-rounded player.
May 23 2018 05:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 23 2018 07:04pm)
Aw, that makes sense. Waffle seemed decent too, but he was the one having the net issues right? How the fuck was he lagging out but you didn't have any issues? That's just fucking weird lol. I hate being bad-mediocre at things, so I'm going to keep trying to improve, but you and Crash have both gotten better it seems, and I bet we'rd fucking face-roll a lot of people with the three of us and one other well-rounded player.

The router is in my room so I'm hardwired jajaja. I'm not sure it was the net though, he said it was happening a few days before too and no one else was online, so it may be his xbox. We have 150/150 fios so while it's not gigabit it's not terrible either, although last night we did have all 3 of us on destiny at the same time lol.
May 23 2018 05:18pm
Quote (Mangina @ May 23 2018 07:08pm)
The router is in my room so I'm hardwired jajaja. I'm not sure it was the net though, he said it was happening a few days before too and no one else was online, so it may be his xbox. We have 150/150 fios so while it's not gigabit it's not terrible either, although last night we did have all 3 of us on destiny at the same time lol.

Raid or IB tonight?
May 23 2018 05:22pm
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ May 23 2018 07:18pm)
Raid or IB tonight?

I wouldn't mind running a raid but I'd like to get an early start. Maybe like an hour or so, then hopefully breeze through it and run IB for however long after.
May 23 2018 05:24pm
Quote (Mangina @ May 23 2018 07:22pm)
I wouldn't mind running a raid but I'd like to get an early start. Maybe like an hour or so, then hopefully breeze through it and run IB for however long after.

Aite. I'll get shit done and be on by 8.
May 24 2018 05:51am
Quote (Crashnburn_819 @ May 23 2018 07:24pm)
Aite. I'll get shit done and be on by 8.

Ggs
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1134813491350135113521440Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll