d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1106810691070107110722972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2017 08:21pm
The only reason why we have guns is to protect us from a dictator/fascist gov. This may have worked back then, but to think that civilians today have the same firepower/technology as the gov. and that our guns would protect us is absurd.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2017 09:06pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Oct 23 2017 07:10pm)
Not everyone, but there's TONS of gun violence... they're clearly using them on each other

right, so getting rid of guns is going to get rid of violence if im understanding you correctly

Quote (Nearin @ Oct 23 2017 07:19pm)
i've got no problem with guns for hunting or range shooting stored properly in a locked cabinet.

but loose guns laws allow guns or stupid gun owners allow them to get to people who shouldn't have them

how do you keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldnt have them? how do you identify some one that shouldnt have guns?
Gold: 4.00
Oct 23 2017 09:10pm
Quote (Koffing @ Oct 23 2017 08:21pm)
The only reason why we have guns is to protect us from a dictator/fascist gov. This may have worked back then, but to think that civilians today have the same firepower/technology as the gov. and that our guns would protect us is absurd.

It's a right to self defense, not just protection from the government you dolt.

This post was edited by FamousScrub on Oct 23 2017 09:11pm
Gold: 0.90
Oct 23 2017 09:12pm
Quote (KoJ @ 23 Oct 2017 22:06)
right, so getting rid of guns is going to get rid of violence if im understanding you correctly

Gun violence, and don't shrug it off as if it wouldn't work, a couple country's have fucking done it and hardly have any shootings now. Australia was 1 iirc

Albeit America is so littered with firearms that ridding them at this point would probably be impossible, but to deny the obvious that Americans are just slaughtering each other with those guns is just lying to yourself

This post was edited by Meatstick on Oct 23 2017 09:13pm
Gold: 982.86
Oct 23 2017 09:34pm
Quote (KoJ @ Oct 23 2017 11:06pm)

how do you keep guns out of the hands of people that shouldnt have them? how do you identify some one that shouldnt have guns?

well lock and key for one thing, not allow carry's transport requires to be locked
better screening in states where its insufficient, though i imagine they are pretty careful in cali

I can't say i have a solution ready to go but i certainly thing a better job can be done, looking at the statistics the states have far more gun related deaths that other countries with stricter gun laws. be them accidents or intentional.

I have family in the parries asked me to be a reference for getting a rifle, fuck yes they have bears. Fuck no if you want a handgun in the city though.

Guns for self-defense doesn't really work if you want to use them for hunting or competition though, great. obviously automatic weapons that are nothing but human killing machines shouldnt be sold at all, (that goes for after market modifers etc. although impossible to completely police)

This post was edited by Nearin on Oct 23 2017 09:35pm
Gold: 13,891.00
Oct 23 2017 09:39pm
Didn't read much before this but America is a cesspool.

Every industry has reached critical mass in terms of power and there is beyond lifetimes of corruption within them.
Take your pick
Firearms
Health care, pills should be it's own category
Food, meat, dairy
Education
Energy
Internet
Phone
Media
Sports

Power, greed, love for money runs this country. America is like the las Vegas of the world -sin city.

Every industry has a billion dollar lobby and you'll never shut them down because of the money.
Look at the pill industry. Who needs cures when you can simply get people addicted to the medication that they need to stay alive. People act like Martin Skirelli or whatever his name is was an outlier. He's just an average Joe in that world.

In short, humans are terrible managers. Terrible.

/Rant. I have no faith in humans.

Gold: 3,375.01
Oct 23 2017 09:51pm
I would be okay with guns as long as you were required to go through extensive training to own one.
Gold: 50.00
Oct 23 2017 10:14pm
lol all these gun pros. i almost guarantee it that most of the canadians here posting have never held a gun. or own a pal or any other sort of firearm. But will be quick to judge and lend their expertise on gun control.

meatstick, for example. americans are slaughtering eachother with guns? what kind of unfound basis made you draw that conclusion? perhaps take a look at chicago, DEM owned state. and strictest gun laws in the country. but HMMMMMM guess what, MOST GUN VIOLENCE/DEATH
so tell me then, what gun laws stops criminals?

you want to talk about MASS shootings? thats all that australia was capable of doing with their "buy-back" program, was stopping mass shootings.

Want to talk about statistics? you are 1/4,000,000 odds of dieing from a mass shooting in the USA in 2016 calander year. That is the exact same odds of dieing from a tourist attack while vacationing in europe that everyone laughed at earlier.

but you wanna talk about gun laws? LOLOLOL
Gold: 50.00
Oct 23 2017 10:16pm
Quote (Stealth @ Oct 23 2017 09:39pm)
Didn't read much before this but America is a cesspool.

Every industry has reached critical mass in terms of power and there is beyond lifetimes of corruption within them.
Take your pick
Firearms
Health care, pills should be it's own category
Food, meat, dairy
Education
Energy
Internet
Phone
Media
Sports

Power, greed, love for money runs this country. America is like the las Vegas of the world -sin city.

Every industry has a billion dollar lobby and you'll never shut them down because of the money.
Look at the pill industry. Who needs cures when you can simply get people addicted to the medication that they need to stay alive. People act like Martin Skirelli or whatever his name is was an outlier. He's just an average Joe in that world.

In short, humans are terrible managers. Terrible.

/Rant. I have no faith in humans.

this sums it up quite nicely. some ppl call skirelli a hero :ph34r:
Gold: 11,500.00
Oct 23 2017 10:16pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ Oct 23 2017 10:14pm)
lol all these gun pros. i almost guarantee it that most of the canadians here posting have never held a gun. or own a pal or any other sort of firearm. But will be quick to judge and lend their expertise on gun control.

meatstick, for example. americans are slaughtering eachother with guns? what kind of unfound basis made you draw that conclusion? perhaps take a look at chicago, DEM owned state. and strictest gun laws in the country. but HMMMMMM guess what, MOST GUN VIOLENCE/DEATH
so tell me then, what gun laws stops criminals?

you want to talk about MASS shootings? thats all that australia was capable of doing with their "buy-back" program, was stopping mass shootings.

Want to talk about statistics? you are 1/4,000,000 odds of dieing from a mass shooting in the USA in 2016 calander year. That is the exact same odds of dieing from a tourist attack while vacationing in europe that everyone laughed at earlier.

but you wanna talk about gun laws? LOLOLOL

You eat a lot of paint chips as a kid
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1106810691070107110722972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll