d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Why Dont They Drive Something Else?
Prev14567821Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 484.02
Jul 15 2012 02:21pm
Quote (BassTracker6925 @ Jul 15 2012 02:01pm)
cars? engines buddy. No I have been trying to put some sense in your head and all you talk about is your dad's 327 lol. You think an oval track short ratio muncie is better for the street than a wide ratio. Also you think an automatic is better for more power and for spray. Lol'd enough said.

Good for you FMX last time you were pm raging me you claimed a stock lower end though? how much boost you running with that reverse dish?

I hope those aren't eagle rods lol... also looks like a stock crank.

That LS block weighs as much as my 502 block does. Lol

My car had a stock bottom end when it was heads and cam.

A reverse dish would actually be a dome. A dish is sometimes referred to as a reverse dome. I thought a machinist would know better. If I walked in to an engine shop and the guy asked me if I wanted a reverse dish piston for boost I would laugh and walk back out the door.

To answer your question, boost will be around 20lbs, but boost isn't important. Cylinder pressure is important. Boost just measures restriction.

The rods are Callies Compstar H beams

The pistons are custom CP Carillo

The crank is a Callies Compstar 3.825"

The block is an LQ9, and it weighs 210lbs bare. It's nearly twice as strong as an aluminum LS1/6 block. It adds about a tenth second worth of weight to the car which you can easily make up by the extra 500-600whp it will hold. And they are <$400 brand new from GM.

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when you are looking at an LSX. Stock cranks are nodular iron, easy to spot. It also has main studs in it.
Gold: 1,265.00
Jul 15 2012 07:18pm
Quote (FMX_89 @ Jul 15 2012 03:21pm)
My car had a stock bottom end when it was heads and cam.

A reverse dish would actually be a dome. A dish is sometimes referred to as a reverse dome. I thought a machinist would know better. If I walked in to an engine shop and the guy asked me if I wanted a reverse dish piston for boost I would laugh and walk back out the door.

To answer your question, boost will be around 20lbs, but boost isn't important. Cylinder pressure is important. Boost just measures restriction.

The rods are Callies Compstar H beams

The pistons are custom CP Carillo

The crank is a Callies Compstar 3.825"

The block is an LQ9, and it weighs 210lbs bare. It's nearly twice as strong as an aluminum LS1/6 block. It adds about a tenth second worth of weight to the car which you can easily make up by the extra 500-600whp it will hold. And they are <$400 brand new from GM.

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when you are looking at an LSX. Stock cranks are nodular iron, easy to spot. It also has main studs in it.

Funny how you sit here and try to correct me but you damn well know what I mean and it is a reverse dish piston. When I look in half of my dozen piston catalogs (including Ross)and that's how they're referred to I don't think I'm about to listen to some little idiot who cant even read a bore gauge or a micrometer.lol I've built plenty of them/ seen plenty of them. Everyone who runs boost like you with those heavy ass blocks with aluminum cylinder heads ends up with detonation... You may not because you seem to have it properly tunes so you say. The aluminum heads don't last that long when running boost because after you mill them 2-3 times the chambers are too small and the bigger head gasket spacer you get the more the heads will bow from the heads and the block expanding and contracting at different rates. Unless your heads are solid aluminum, which they aren't. Main studs? Do you need them? Have you ever seen anyone break a main cap? You can have the strongest main caps in the world dude the fuckin bearing is going to spin before the cap breaks. Lol'd

This post was edited by BassTracker6925 on Jul 15 2012 07:23pm
Gold: 173.00
Jul 15 2012 08:55pm
It's the same as foreign cars to us in different countries. Here, we can get a running camaro for 1000 bucks. In a place like the uk, you can get a bmw for 1000, because they're so common there. And those cars are easy to fix, and the parts are cheap for them.
Gold: 115.00
Jul 16 2012 05:56am
Quote (Archer @ Jul 16 2012 04:55am)
It's the same as foreign cars to us in different countries. Here, we can get a running camaro for 1000 bucks. In a place like the uk, you can get a bmw for 1000, because they're so common there. And those cars are easy to fix, and the parts are cheap for them.

this

i think i have never seen a corvette or firebird at my place my entire life and barely a camaro/mustang. maybe one in a month.
but i do see about 10 porsche every day and the streets here are flooded with benz, bmw, audi and vw.
but well, i do life in germany in a small, pretty wealthy town
Gold: 115.00
Jul 16 2012 05:58am
Quote (Archer @ Jul 16 2012 04:55am)

this

i think i have never seen a corvette or firebird at my place my entire life and barely a camaro/mustang. maybe one in a month.
but i do see about 10 porsche every day and the streets here are flooded with benz, bmw, audi and vw.
but well, i do life in germany in a small, pretty wealthy town.

a mustang counts as exotic here.
Gold: 484.02
Jul 16 2012 07:50am
Quote (BassTracker6925 @ Jul 15 2012 08:18pm)
Funny how you sit here and try to correct me but you damn well know what I mean and it is a reverse dish piston. When I look in half of my dozen piston catalogs (including Ross)and that's how they're referred to I don't think I'm about to listen to some little idiot who cant even read a bore gauge or a micrometer.lol I've built plenty of them/ seen plenty of them. Everyone who runs boost like you with those heavy ass blocks with aluminum cylinder heads ends up with detonation... You may not because you seem to have it properly tunes so you say. The aluminum heads don't last that long when running boost because after you mill them 2-3 times the chambers are too small and the bigger head gasket spacer you get the more the heads will bow from the heads and the block expanding and contracting at different rates. Unless your heads are solid aluminum, which they aren't. Main studs? Do you need them? Have you ever seen anyone break a main cap? You can have the strongest main caps in the world dude the fuckin bearing is going to spin before the cap breaks. Lol'd

You sound really ignorant right now. I'm going to draw you a picture.

You sound like an uneducated hillbilly to be honest.

Now to address the rest of this rabble...

We have these wonderful things called MLS gaskets that allow us to seal an aluminum head to an iron block without any repercussions. Do you even realize that GM has built several million trucks and SUV's with iron blocks and aluminum heads? These very same blocks actually. Even if it were an issue, I will be running E-85, so there will be no chance of detonation, period. Why would I need to mill my heads 2 or 3 times? They are studded down with ARP studs. I'll be using an LS9 7 layer MLS gasket. It's a proven combo for the power level I'm aiming for.

You don't even know what main studs do... People don't break caps, ever. They stiffen the cap to block relationship. It keeps the cap from walking around (which is what causes bearings to spin in these engines). Like I said in my last post you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when you are talking about an LSX. They have 6 bolt mains, and over 800hp main studs are a great idea to keep the caps from walking. Over 1000hp and you really need to have them dowel pinned. Over 1400hp and you should be running a girdle too. Yes, people make that much power on OEM iron blocks. Some have made quite a bit more. There have even been a few 1800hp aluminum LS2 blocks out there.

See this is why I pm'd you months ago to get you to come out of hiding. Eventually you put your foot in your mouth. I think you outed yourself once again.
Gold: 46.00
Jul 16 2012 08:02am
:rofl:
Gold: 1,265.00
Jul 16 2012 08:43am
I love how he draws his own diagram. Lol you can claim you have magical gaskets all day. I see more LS motors in 3 months than you do in a year. People who run that much power with Girdles run all aluminum blocks with solid aluminum rods with brass dowel pins. I build them buddy. You don't need main studs or half the bullshit you have with the little bit of boost you run. I've built mopars that run 20+ lbs on factory main caps.When running 1000+ they run SOLID aluminum heads. You can talk all the shit you want about how much you think you know with your little picture. Lol Not shit cast heads... Yea they've been making STOCK motors with cast blocks and aluminum heads. You may have all these kids fooled as I've said in the past but you aren't pulling your bullshit with me. Funny how everyone who doesn't kiss your ass on here you try to 1 up. You can't 1 up a fucking thing. Draw another picture for me buddy haha. I have a monte that runs more boost than you will ever run... and guess what? the whole motor is aluminum. If you really had all this money you claim you have why wouldn't you buy a dart block? I just did machine work on an aluminum 400 small block for a digger for a guy that already broke the record at Epping with his Blown Hemi digger that I make all the dowel pins for and do all the machine work. You read about shit I build. He is going to be running boost in it and having his son drive it. Just the normal aluminum main caps on it. Keep using your shit heavy block and talking about how strong it is haha. What about little imports that run 20-30 lbs? do they have all that bullshit? I had a honda that run 24lbs that I drove daily and tried to kill and I sold it after years of beating the shit out of it. I put my foot in my mouth according to who? You? Lmao ok google champ.

This post was edited by BassTracker6925 on Jul 16 2012 08:50am
Gold: 46.00
Jul 16 2012 08:45am
Quote (BassTracker6925 @ Jul 16 2012 02:43pm)
I love how he draws his own diagram. Lol you can claim you have magical gaskets all day. I see more LS motors in 3 months than you do in a year. People who run that much power with Girdles run all aluminum blocks with solid aluminum rods with brass dowel pins. I build them buddy. You don't need main studs or half the bullshit you have with the little bit of boost you run. I've built mopars that run 20+ lbs on factory main caps.When running 1000+ they run SOLID aluminum heads. You can talk all the shit you want about how much you think you know with your little picture. Lol Not shit cast heads... Yea they've been making STOCK motors with cast blocks and aluminum heads.

You are making youself look pretty bad ;/
Gold: 6.00
Jul 16 2012 08:46am
Quote (Killerme99 @ Jul 16 2012 09:45am)
You are making youself look pretty bad ;/

prepare to be accused of driving your moms honda.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev14567821Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll