d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Scott Walker And Evolution
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Feb 13 2015 11:48am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 13 2015 01:36am)
:lol: This

The fact that Scott Walker is even being seriously talked about as a candidate does not bode well for the red team

He's a conservative who won 3 gubernatorial elections in 4 years in a massively liberal state.

He's got the Koch brothers on his balls like glitter on a stripper.

He's relatively unknown nationwide, which is shockingly a good thing for a Rep. candidate (i.e. no hooker scandals, claims that the earth is 5000 years old, or n-bomb sound bites)

He's a teaparty poster boy outside of the teaparty's homerange and would slay the bible belt.

I think Scott Walker would be a B- candidate at worse. He's had trouble at home with his reforms but it didnt make him any less of a viable candidate as his 2 elections post-education reform shows.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2015 11:50am
He's either a coward or a moron. Whichever it is, he'd be a terrible leader.
Gold: 0.76
Feb 13 2015 12:07pm
He's a labor hating sonofabitch is what he is he busted every union in Wisconsin he robbed them of their bargaining rights and single handed caused them to disband.
by not having the balls to state his opinion on science or evolution just magnifies what kind of politician he'll be. The energy conscious science minded candidate for the eco crowd and the frack em all creationist for the teaparty
Feb 13 2015 12:16pm
What a wildly inaccurate statement...

The prison guards union was untouched because of their size and ability to cause trouble for any candidate.

Secondly the removal of the collective bargaining rights was a budget balancing tool that Scott Walker wholly expects to be overturned upon the swearing in of the next Democratic Governor. And it worked, WI economy is up. household spending it up, jobs both full time and part-time, public and private are up.

He just brokered a deal with the Bucks to help build them a new stadium that will net the state good money, provide construction jobs, and provide stadium worker jobs in a year round multi purpose venue keeping a professional sports team in state that WI would have otherwise lost.
Gold: 8,933.00
Feb 13 2015 12:20pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 13 2015 12:07pm)
He's a labor hating sonofabitch is what he is he busted every union in Wisconsin he robbed them of their bargaining rights and single handed caused them to disband.
by not having the balls to state his opinion on science or evolution just magnifies what kind of politician he'll be. The energy conscious science minded candidate for the eco crowd and the frack em all creationist for the teaparty

Just the public sector ones. You know, the ones who have no business collectively bargaining in the first place. God, he's my hero.
Feb 13 2015 01:56pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 13 Feb 2015 13:16)
What a wildly inaccurate statement...

The prison guards union was untouched because of their size and ability to cause trouble for any candidate.

Secondly the removal of the collective bargaining rights was a budget balancing tool that Scott Walker wholly expects to be overturned upon the swearing in of the next Democratic Governor. And it worked, WI economy is up. household spending it up, jobs both full time and part-time, public and private are up.

He just brokered a deal with the Bucks to help build them a new stadium that will net the state good money, provide construction jobs, and provide stadium worker jobs in a year round multi purpose venue keeping a professional sports team in state that WI would have otherwise lost.

Quote (Santara @ 13 Feb 2015 13:20)
Just the public sector ones. You know, the ones who have no business collectively bargaining in the first place. God, he's my hero.

Yeah there will be plenty of bottom of the pay scale wages to go around. Just to keep the low class low, don't want to see anyone else get ahead with some decent wages?

And why the hell shouldn't the private sector be able to bargain for wage levels? The trade unions are what built this country they make sure the men who get hired are trained and skilled in the trade that they are in. when you hire a union crew you know that the job will get done the right way.
Feb 13 2015 02:12pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 13 2015 01:56pm)
Yeah there will be plenty of bottom of the pay scale wages to go around. Just to keep the low class low, don't want to see anyone else get ahead with some decent wages?

And why the hell shouldn't the private sector be able to bargain for wage levels? The trade unions are what built this country they make sure the men who get hired are trained and skilled in the trade that they are in. when you hire a union crew you know that the job will get done the right way.

I know hundreds of union employees. The quality of their work varies just as much as non-union tbh. And even what union it is can change the quality of the work, the Local Elec is decent but the Local Laborers and teamsters blow. I dont think anyone, even those in the trades, would be foolish enough to claim the union is what ensures the quality of work. That has alot more to do with who's bidding the contracts, aka how much cash can be put into it. If a foreman needs a cheap job he gets cheap labor thats just simple business sense.

Either way im not at all in opposition to private sector union, nor am i against public sector unions in times of economic break-even and prosperity. However public unions can rape the system if they want to, just look at the jobs the prison guards union has secured. Thompson Federal Prison ring any bells? Like i said once a Dem gets into office teachers will be back to bargaining collectively. I dont normally like parties trading back and forth on non-permanent legislation but i think in general most budget fixes should be temporary in times of need, just like freezing wage and benefit increases.
Gold: 8,933.00
Feb 13 2015 02:17pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Feb 13 2015 01:56pm)

> equating government pay scales with predatory profiteering corporations.

I didn't say the private sector shouldn't be able to collectively bargain. I said public sector.
Feb 13 2015 03:40pm
Quote (Santara @ 13 Feb 2015 15:17)
> equating government pay scales with predatory profiteering corporations.

I didn't say the private sector shouldn't be able to collectively bargain. I said public sector.

Quote (Santara @ 13 Feb 2015 13:20)

lo siento senor my apologies..... sometimes my hair gets ruffled up when anti-union talk starts up...it's not a pretty sight

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Feb 13 2015 03:43pm
Gold: 50,165.01
Warn: 10%
Feb 13 2015 03:55pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 12 2015 08:15pm)
Well, it doesn't have much relevance at all to their job, but the only reason it gets constantly brought up is because so many Republicans won't answer the question. It's the same with global warming.

You already answered your own question in original post.

Thread can be closed now.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll