d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Curious About Art In The Generative Ai Era?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.69
Feb 14 2023 05:43pm
This may be of interest to anyone who is a fan of law, tech, and art.

This is an insightful glimpse at how copyrighted art has been and continues to be pilfered/used as parts of the enormous data sets which AI utilizes for training/learning. And, that this is done without any mechanisms in place to hold the companies which are engaging in not paying for the copyrighted resources that they use and which helps to increase the value of their brand.

It's an interesting take on what is presently a moment in time where things are changing far too quickly.

🤖⚖️🎨
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 14 2023 07:48pm
so basically in theory, this is a clear case because AI can only do derivative, not transformative work :unsure: in practice, the case will be won by whoever pays the most money. not that it matters because the system is easy to abuse and companies and government institutions WILL do it in one way or another

now, in case anyone needs an opinion, lemme tell you the correct way to go about this. and without any false humility, i am 100% sure this is the correct way. why? because i have a dataset of my own. its a somewhat longer story but very relatable so you might as well wanna read it :unsure:

i was playing some game called path of exile. in that game you have a feature to create something called a "hideout", where you are offered a base level and a set of decorations, and can create your own customized level :blush: turned out i was really good at it, again, without any false humility. anyways, in some update, the devs added a way to save a hideout you created. and to make it easier, they even added a command, /save_hideout. unfortunately that command was bugged and could save ANY hideout, even those you were visiting. so now you had people who needed hours if not days to create a hideout, just for some pleb to visit it and copy the entire thing without permission <_< i wasnt into uploading the hideouts ive created to the hideout site, as i liked to gift hideouts to friends, but only once per hideout so everyone would be unique. this bug effectively destroyed my idea of fun as who cares about a unique hideout when anyone can steal it?

so i posted on the official forum, complaining how this bug needs to be removed. and the predictable happened, people who were talented at creating hideouts were on my side, while everyone else was against me, quite vehemently might i add. even good artists who uploaded hideouts to the site were against me, because why would they care, they already shared it on their terms :mellow: and the numbers were insane. topic exploded, had hundreds of people posting etc, and lemme tell you, NOT A SINGLE PERSON who was bad at creating hideouts supported me, as they gained more by the bug staying in game. so whats my point you might ask? well my point is that ive learned a lot about people and their motives, and i realized that they will not support you unless it directly affects them. and this was not only a valid statistical sample, i literally had ZERO people go against the observed rule. maybe someone was on my side but it wasnt worth his time to say anything, but the end result was the same, i got zero support from anyone but people who had the same problem. which is why i started implementing a philosophy that has served me well to this day:

NOT. MY. PROBLEM. :zzz: the issue doesnt concern me whatsoever so im not gonna be taking sides unless it benefits me or people i care about. and since my fellow jspers are people i care about, take this as a free advice not just for this situation, but in general :blush:
Gold: 6.69
Feb 14 2023 08:22pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ 14 Feb 2023 20:48)

Thanks for taking the time to share not only thoughts on this, but of your experiences.
Feb 14 2023 09:21pm
Quote (jalapenos @ Feb 15 2023 03:22am)
Thanks for taking the time to share not only thoughts on this, but of your experiences.

:blush: !
Gold: 1,045.70
Feb 18 2023 02:08am
Kapital coin problems not stop my A.I. Arts
My A.I writers do anything in their power to prevent A.I being used to censor information in the name of coins.
Deepfacelab is one of the first A.I alike programs that allow the A.I being trained to A.I. models.
You could train yourself, download trained models from others.

Goal: crack the trained A.I models the kapitals use, alter it, and use for own purpose

Got a youtube warning, spreading hatred, for using deepfacelab face extraction on Adolf H. face
simular video:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zWZKVVr2G7M

Here a nice video of inbuild ''simple'' not trained ''A.I.'' in video software.
Feb 18 2023 06:21am
Quote (Tommyvv @ Feb 18 2023 09:08am)
Kapital coin problems not stop my A.I. Arts
My A.I writers do anything in their power to prevent A.I being used to censor information in the name of coins.
Deepfacelab is one of the first A.I alike programs that allow the A.I being trained to A.I. models.
You could train yourself, download trained models from others.

Goal: crack the trained A.I models the kapitals use, alter it, and use for own purpose

Got a youtube warning, spreading hatred, for using deepfacelab face extraction on Adolf H. face
simular video:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zWZKVVr2G7M

Here a nice video of inbuild ''simple'' not trained ''A.I.'' in video software.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBUn6HAL1OA

:lol: !

im actually subbed to you tommy, i mean its maybe just my yellow fever but you have perfect taste in women :drool:

also i...understand how your ideas could be used in very fun ways :ph34r:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll