d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Advice On Pursuit Of New It Career
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,692.50
Trader: Trusted
Jul 30 2023 12:18pm
Quote (AntiMatter5 @ 30 Jul 2023 12:29)
I have now attained the Azure AZ-900 cert and am looking for more input. Truly appreciate all who have taken the time to review my post and give feedback. The quality of my life and my family time has increased a thousand fold - I have gone from dreading each day to being happy for what is to come.

Still looking to advance the ladder and get the bag to provide my family the best life. Any input on further career certs or choices is highly appreciated.

Love this for you :) I feel like at this point in your career, certs are less and less valuable. Not that they're useless, but I think your experience is the biggest factor from here on out. Best of luck growing further!
Gold: 21,261.70
Aug 12 2023 10:04am
I just wanted to give a very easy way to anybody struggling in any role - so be it a whatever IT job or whatever job almost now a days;
AI has helped me in multiple ways already. Embrace it now - and get on the train - the train is slowly moving away from the station. The ones left behind will regret missing the opportunity!

What I am saying is that many people in very complex roles especially - could learn to become an AI prompter - and take almost any work out there. If you know what to look for and how to apply your knowledge accordingly, and never trust AI to 100% - and as a bonus - the company you are in might be or are already looking at stepping into running certain processes through AI - you will know what to do, and can outperform everybody in the field.

I want to reveal more about my own work as only an IT Operations technician. I can now, with the help of AI all of a sudden help solve developers coding issues, database engineers/developers struggling with T-SQL, business people with their business tools and integrations, etc.

Just my five cents :)

Hope for the best and good luck in the future.
Gold: 45,377.00
Aug 24 2023 11:11pm
Quote (LikwidSteel @ Nov 14 2022 05:15pm)
I would say it would be easiest for you to switch paths by staying at the same company. If you can actually talk to the people in those roles and figure out what they use for their job that would help. Schmooze em. Learn the stack your company uses.

Hackathons would be a good way to show that you have skills and can use them for projects. Dont be afraid to fail with the hackathons. Just show up, and see what you can do. Rinse and repeat until you actually have something youre proud enough to show off.

Even better if you can start doing parts of the job you are applying for at your current role that would be extremely helpful. If you are already doing half the workload of your desired position they will know you can pick up the next half.

Indeed! I became data scientist by learning it by reallocating myself to another department.
Gold: 634.20
Aug 31 2023 06:44pm
Quote (Soroush @ Jul 30 2023 02:18pm)
Love this for you :) I feel like at this point in your career, certs are less and less valuable. Not that they're useless, but I think your experience is the biggest factor from here on out. Best of luck growing further!

Thank you. I am seeing that as I search for a new, higher paying role. I am getting few callbacks due to the years of experience now. Even though my industry knowledge and skill level are likely near that of a team lead position.

I have reached out to personal friends who are higher up at some larger companies and let them know I am looking and qualified, save for the EXP. They know me and are looking for any postings.

Hoping to be an analyst team lead by the end of the year. Networking is very powerful.

I am also considering working two mid level analyst jobs simultaneously, as my job takes up no more than 2 hours a day, besides meeting times.
Gold: 100.09
Nov 20 2023 08:31pm
this has been the best thread I have read so far in this subforum. you're actually doing what you said you were going to do and following through with updates. I am inspired now. I would love to keep hearing more updates when you have them. Cheers!
Gold: 634.20
Nov 27 2023 05:47pm
Quote (Humility @ Nov 20 2023 09:31pm)
this has been the best thread I have read so far in this subforum. you're actually doing what you said you were going to do and following through with updates. I am inspired now. I would love to keep hearing more updates when you have them. Cheers!

Thank you. I am hoping to inspire others with my journey as well. The time I have gotten back for my family and friends cannot even be described with words. If I had known about this possibility years ago, my life would have taken an easier path with less extremely painful losses.

It has been about two months since my last post in here. I am still continuing to take classes in Azure cloud services as my company (major fortune 100 insurance company) uses that stack.

I have applied for over 100 - Senior/Team Lead Business Analyst postings with no calls to date. The experience time I have in the role appears to be a strong limiting factor. I continue to work very few hours per day and am told by management that I am one of the highest performers. I have also trained two new hires. I am encountering frustration at my extreme proficiency and competence in this role and not being able to get to the next pay scale level quickly - although I understand why.

I am considering Azure Data Engineer as my next goal, I have seen many postings asking 2 years of exp for this role. I believe with 2 years exp in a major fortune 100 company analyst position and the correct certs, I may be able to get to that 120-150k range within 1 more year.
Gold: 7,537.00
Nov 27 2023 07:31pm
You too dank
Gold: 100.09
Nov 28 2023 07:50pm
Quote (AntiMatter5 @ 27 Nov 2023 19:47)
Thank you. I am hoping to inspire others with my journey as well. The time I have gotten back for my family and friends cannot even be described with words. If I had known about this possibility years ago, my life would have taken an easier path with less extremely painful losses.

It has been about two months since my last post in here. I am still continuing to take classes in Azure cloud services as my company (major fortune 100 insurance company) uses that stack.

I have applied for over 100 - Senior/Team Lead Business Analyst postings with no calls to date. The experience time I have in the role appears to be a strong limiting factor. I continue to work very few hours per day and am told by management that I am one of the highest performers. I have also trained two new hires. I am encountering frustration at my extreme proficiency and competence in this role and not being able to get to the next pay scale level quickly - although I understand why.

I am considering Azure Data Engineer as my next goal, I have seen many postings asking 2 years of exp for this role. I believe with 2 years exp in a major fortune 100 company analyst position and the correct certs, I may be able to get to that 120-150k range within 1 more year.

good luck bro. you will achieve your goal soon. its undeniable at this point. looking forward to hearing your next update
Gold: 445.97
Nov 29 2023 12:24am
Quote (AntiMatter5 @ Nov 27 2023 03:47pm)

Nice, just want to chime in and mention the happiness to $ ratio. Grass may look greener on the other side, but it may not always be better for you mentally! Keep that mind please. I've read too many horror stories of people leaving their stable job with easy work for more pay and then regretting it later
Gold: 36,822.50
Dec 1 2023 12:30pm
I just want to say thank you for this thread. Im at a point in my life where I'm looking to swap career paths as well. Not because I'm lacking pay, but because I'm just not thriving working in my current education path. Im looking to move in the same direction, and was going to look into python, sql and powerbi. I'm hoping to find some good online programs to join, and since I've started searching, Facebook etc is flowing over with ads on online courses.

At the moment I'm still trying to work out which road to follow, but no matter what I do, it's miles away from my career in healthcare.

Again, thanks! Gives me hope
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll