d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Schopenhauer & Neichze
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 257.70
Dec 12 2021 07:41am
Ive been fascinated with Nhilism for a very long time and these are some of my favorite influential philosophers.

Some questions about these and many other older philosophers.

So many of these guys had the "opportunity" to study philosophy and live parts of their lives with all the time they wanted to put to their ideals.

Are there any philosophers out there that are just as influential or even famous whom weren't born into wealth and privilege? How can someone who has barley any time outside of working and trying to support themselves or live have time to be such an academic?

Does anyone have any examples of influential philosophers who were born of hardship or poverty etc. Or could not afford to spend years in a university studying and developing their work.

Would love to research some no matter the flavor of their philosophy, anyone related to the works of Neichze or Schopenhauer would be even cooler.

Interested in what people have to think even if no resources to contribute.
Gold: 2.66
Dec 13 2021 03:27am
wrong forum.
philosophy is not science.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 14 2021 11:49am
im not much into philosophy but since it doesnt pay bills and never has, i assume it cant be a good "day job", so a philosopher should i guess be born in a wealthy or at least famous family :unsure:

from what i know about psychology, id say this would be particularly true for a nihilist as people who have to fight for their place in the world, should have the desire to earn stuffs to begin with, not have it as a given. i simply cant imagine someone born in a poor family, earning a shitload of money, and then saying "ah, none of this makes sense as we are all gonna die anyway" :mellow:

personally i think nihilism is the soyboy of philosophy and probably a symptom of anxiety/depression. not only do i not think that nothing matters, i think that EVERYTHING matters. once ive tested it by chaotically following random things i interpreted as "signs" for a whole day. by the end of the day i managed to sleep with a girl that looked like julia voth back when she cosplayed as jill valentine :mellow: now i know this on paper doesnt sound like a scientifically valid method, and it probably isnt, but goddamn she was gorgeous and i dont care :mellow:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll