d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Longest Running Relationship?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.00
Jul 5 2021 08:58pm
I was just thinking about this the other day, and sadly none of my relationships lasted longer than 2 years.

I'm not proud of this. I don't know how to have a long term relationship apparently.
Gold: 24,427.49
Jul 11 2021 09:37pm
Intellectuals have a hard time in relationships. Stop reading into shit, shit happens.
Gold: 2,970.00
Oct 1 2021 07:57pm
nothing wrong with short relationships.

relationships are there for you to learn what works and what doesnt work for you. they help you identify red flags or learn what you don't want in a partner.

it takes two people to be in a relationship, and when both want the relationship enough, they will work on it and they will last.
Gold: 3,222.58
Nov 6 2021 11:03am
Quote (r4f @ Jul 6 2021 02:58am)
I was just thinking about this the other day, and sadly none of my relationships lasted longer than 2 years.

I'm not proud of this. I don't know how to have a long term relationship apparently.

Lighten up dickhead you’ll miss being alone when you’re married

All the best
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2021 12:41am
it is a throw-away culture nowadays

sadly the same often goes for relationships.

the key is (unless you got cheated on of course, or other absolute dealbreakers) to be more forgiving and understanding. This holds true for both.

I had a difficult time in my last relationship but it held 8 years.

one might think that instead of holding on to something which "might" break anyways, you could find someone better instead of dragging things out but that is the thing... you just give it your best shot and dont fck things up.

if the relationship fails anyways, at least you know that you dont need to blame yourself.

also, try decent girls. I see and have seen a lot of people complain, that they cant hold a relationship for long, but reveal later on, that the chicks they get to know, are usually pickups from clubs and bars etc.

I have never and would never pick up a girl from a club. One of the worst places to get to know someone anyways.... too loud music, drunk folks everywhere, crowded....

best place to get to know people of the same mindset is by following your hobbies and finding likeminded people (join a gym/ sports club/ any other hobby you have) another one "could" be work but that is tricky as it can not only fck up your relationship but your job as well... this highly depends on company size and how well stuff spreads.

shit WILL hit the fan if you have a bad break up and she starts spreading sh it about you at work among colleagues etc.

then of course the usual suspects like dating sites/apps (NOT tinder)
Gold: 8,848.69
Nov 18 2021 07:22am
Quote (msk123 @ Nov 16 2021 05:41pm)
it is a throw-away culture nowadays

sadly the same often goes for relationships.

the key is (unless you got cheated on of course, or other absolute dealbreakers) to be more forgiving and understanding. This holds true for both.

I had a difficult time in my last relationship but it held 8 years.

one might think that instead of holding on to something which "might" break anyways, you could find someone better instead of dragging things out but that is the thing... you just give it your best shot and dont fck things up.

if the relationship fails anyways, at least you know that you dont need to blame yourself.

also, try decent girls. I see and have seen a lot of people complain, that they cant hold a relationship for long, but reveal later on, that the chicks they get to know, are usually pickups from clubs and bars etc.

I have never and would never pick up a girl from a club. One of the worst places to get to know someone anyways.... too loud music, drunk folks everywhere, crowded....

best place to get to know people of the same mindset is by following your hobbies and finding likeminded people (join a gym/ sports club/ any other hobby you have) another one "could" be work but that is tricky as it can not only fck up your relationship but your job as well... this highly depends on company size and how well stuff spreads.

shit WILL hit the fan if you have a bad break up and she starts spreading sh it about you at work among colleagues etc.

then of course the usual suspects like dating sites/apps (NOT tinder)

A lot of what you say is right (about the throw-away culture), however, my longest relationship was 8 years, and we met in a bar (in the most humourous of ways, but that's a story for a later day). I'm a decent girl. Good people are everywhere.

This post was edited by Porce on Nov 18 2021 07:23am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 18 2021 07:30am
Quote (Porce @ Nov 18 2021 02:22pm)
A lot of what you say is right (about the throw-away culture), however, my longest relationship was 8 years, and we met in a bar (in the most humourous of ways, but that's a story for a later day). I'm a decent girl. Good people are everywhere.

exceptions always exist and this is not a rule written in stone but if you want to get to know someone decent, there are decent places for that. ( a bar is still not as bad as a loud crowded club...some bars are actually decent with a nice atmosphere, room-level music and food.... but I am not talking about those ^^)

most guys and I am sure plenty of women too, go to clubs to "party" and that usually means booze and lose morals
Gold: 14.58
Dec 6 2021 09:54pm
Relationships are works my last relationships was 8 years here after that only hookup
Gold: 28,985.69
Dec 7 2021 12:00pm
Had 3 relationships in the 2 to 3 year range.
Set me up for my 6 year run and marriage now.

Trial and error.
You shape yourself as a person through these.
Gold: 257.70
Jan 5 2022 11:09am
one relationship for 7 years now since high school.

Gonna propose this year
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll