d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Breaking News Thread > And Other Stuff You Want To Share
Prev1282930313270Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Oct 13 2019 03:46am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 11 2019 10:17am)
The man took an oath not to reveal classified information. The law is the law.
Despite what you may think about Snowden, the instant he shows up in the US he's gonna be arrested. THAT is how things are.

but is it how things should be? If something blatantly illegal is happening isn't it your job to report it, and if that doesn't work to take action against it? Ya know, like the founders did when the King rejected the founders request to have a seat at the table?
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 13 2019 03:48am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 13 2019 05:46am)
but is it how things should be? If something blatantly illegal is happening isn't it your job to report it, and if that doesn't work to take action against it? Ya know, like the founders did when the King rejected the founders request to have a seat at the table?

Yeah... that's as it should be. IF you take an oath, you should abide by it. If you can't... get a job that doesn't have... oaths.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2019 03:56am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 13 2019 05:48am)
Yeah... that's as it should be. IF you take an oath, you should abide by it. If you can't... get a job that doesn't have... oaths.

So you are pro corruption then because you rather people not expose things that are blatantly illegal as it might break their oath.

Are you for the people or not?
Gold: 260.11
Oct 13 2019 03:57am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 13 2019 04:48am)

You should look at the actual oath he took, because it obligates him to defend the constitution. And when there are blatant violations taking place without the citizens knowing, defending the constitution means bringing them to light.
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 13 2019 09:47pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 13 2019 01:37am)
https://www.keranews.org/post/fort-worth-police-officer-fatally-shoots-woman-inside-her-home

Seriously just happened again.

Officer fired through the window without identifying himself. The kicker? it wasn't even a 911 call, the neighbor called the non emergency number for a wellness check. The police officer also parked around the corner and snuck around her yard .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4n7sddVsU&feature=youtu.be&t=89 - for the bodycam footage where he yells out a command then open fires immediately.

That cop and his family should be publicly murdered.
Gold: 83.30
Oct 16 2019 04:01am
Idk in how far this was reported in the US but the wife of a diplomat fled the UK after she hit 19-year old Harry Dunn who was on a motorcycle. Anne Sacoolas was driving on the wrong side of the road and hit him head on. Sacoolas fled the country under diplomatic immunity.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/15/harry-dunn-parents-trump-white-house-anne-sacoolas

Should her immunity be waived and should she be sent back so that she can stand trial in the UK?

Trump, in a desperate move for good PR (which could have worked if the case wasn't a dead man but something less serious and permanent), invited the parents of the kid and Sacoolas to meet. Whilst I think it can actually be good intent, it's definitely way too soon (the collision happened in August). Also have to note that Trump was pretty warm towards the parents, which is a plus.

British parents grieving their teenage son have told how, during a visit to the White House on Tuesday, Donald Trump dropped the “bombshell” that the woman who allegedly killed him in a road crash was waiting for them in an adjoining room.

Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn turned down the rushed offer to meet Anne Sacoolas, who is married to a US diplomat, describing it as “not appropriate” with no mediators or therapists present.

Their son, Harry Dunn, 19, died in August in a head-on collision between his motorcycle and a car being driven on the wrong side of the road, according to Northamptonshire police in the UK. Sacoolas was allegedly driving the car and, claiming diplomatic immunity, flew back to the US.
Oct 16 2019 05:32am
Quote (GodSmiter @ Oct 13 2019 05:56am)
So you are pro corruption then because you rather people not expose things that are blatantly illegal as it might break their oath.

Are you for the people or not?

Yeah, I'm FOR the people. I'm NOT for these SJWs though. I'm for the people that spend their lives making the US a safe place to live, the people that put their lives on the line to do so.
I'm NOT for the people that jump online and act like they should be heard, just because they heard about something they don't like.

One of the most basic laws of this country is that if you work in a classified setting, you keep it classified.
I mean what's next, some one gives away they blueprints to our defenses? Or maybe some company starts building the best of our weapons for N. Korea?

A line needs to be drawn somewhere. It's not like anyone forced Snowden to work in a field that dealt with classified information. Snowden is a guy that had SWORN to never reveal the information he was shown and had worked with.
This isn't like the case of a kid who tells the vidsiting friends that mommy makes a lot of noises in the bedroom some times.
This pertains to National Defense.

Like I said... If standing by an oath not to reveal is a problem for someone, they shouldn't take the job then. National Defense is NOT a game of RISK among a few friends sitting around the living room one night.
National Defense is the REAL world. A world where people and countries... die sometimes. Die, for REAL. Where it's not just a little red playing piece on a game board. It's the possible deaths of millions of those "people" you are so fond of.

I'm quite sure that Russia and China for that matter are quite happy with Snowden and his antics. The real life game of RISK, is a lot more serious and deadly, than most people are aware of, or would even give credence to if they DID know the details.
One of the very hardest things to protect these days, is the computer networks our lives depend on. There's a continuous cyber war going on, all the time. Just because we are not coninually aware of it, doesn't mean it's not happening.
I'm sure a country like China or even Russia would just love to gather the last piece of information they needed to be able to hack our... banking system. Or maybe the hospital records systems, the electric power grid.

I'd really like to see how these SJW idiots would handle things if they woke up one day to no money or electricity... anywhere in the US. 10 to 1 odds they'd change their tune in about a heartbeat.

Sure, we'd all love if the world worked like it fictionally did in Star Trek TNG. Unfortunately, it doesn't. There are player out there who would just love to see you suffer for no other reason than you are a US citizen. Personally, I like living in the US and knowing that it will still be around when I wake up tomorrow.

Govt. employees that "leak" classified information, like Snowden or Manning, etc., should IMO be tried, convicted and spend the rest of their lives, locked away, where they can't do any more harm.

Gold: 83.30
Oct 16 2019 05:40am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 16 2019 01:32pm)
Yeah, I'm FOR the people. I'm NOT for these SJWs though. I'm for the people that spend their lives making the US a safe place to live, the people that put their lives on the line to do so.
I'm NOT for the people that jump online and act like they should be heard, just because they heard about something they don't like.

One of the most basic laws of this country is that if you work in a classified setting, you keep it classified.
I mean what's next, some one gives away they blueprints to our defenses? Or maybe some company starts building the best of our weapons for N. Korea?

A line needs to be drawn somewhere. It's not like anyone forced Snowden to work in a field that dealt with classified information. Snowden is a guy that had SWORN to never reveal the information he was shown and had worked with.
This isn't like the case of a kid who tells the vidsiting friends that mommy makes a lot of noises in the bedroom some times.

Like I said... If standing by an oath not to reveal is a problem for someone, they shouldn't take the job then. National Defense is NOT a game of RISK among a few friends sitting around the living room one night.
National Defense is the REAL world. A world where people and countries... die sometimes. Die, for REAL. Where it's not just a little red playing piece on a game board. It's the possible deaths of millions of those "people" you are so fond of.

I'm quite sure that Russia and China for that matter are quite happy with Snowden and his antics. The real life game of RISK, is a lot more serious and deadly, than most people are aware of, or would even give credence to if they DID know the details.
One of the very hardest things to protect these days, is the computer networks our lives depend on. There's a continuous cyber war going on, all the time. Just because we are not coninually aware of it, doesn't mean it's not happening.
I'm sure a country like China or even Russia would just love to gather the last piece of information they needed to be able to hack our... banking system. Or maybe the hospital records systems, the electric power grid.

I'd really like to see how these SJW idiots would handle things if they woke up one day to no money or electricity... anywhere in the US. 10 to 1 odds they'd change their tune in about a heartbeat.

Sure, we'd all love if the world worked like it fictionally did in Star Trek TNG. Unfortunately, it doesn't. There are player out there who would just love to see you suffer for no other reason than you are a US citizen. Personally, I like living in the US and knowing that it will still be around when I wake up tomorrow.

Govt. employees that "leak" classified information, like Snowden or Manning, etc., should IMO be tried, convicted and spend the rest of their lives, locked away, where they can't do any more harm.

Should put some polish on your tongue before you start licking, helps with the leather not drying out.
Oct 16 2019 05:41am
Quote (balrog66 @ Oct 16 2019 07:40am)
Should put some polish on your tongue before you start licking, helps with the leather not drying out.

Oh my, you're so witty. Be glad the US exists... it's what keeps you from having to learn Russian.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 16 2019 07:37am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 16 2019 04:32am)

I didn’t read this.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1282930313270Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll