d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Breaking News Thread > And Other Stuff You Want To Share
Prev1252627282970Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Oct 7 2019 12:39am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 6 2019 11:28pm)
If only these tards understood how that destroys people’s savings. Blue collar people saving all their life only to get wiped out by currency devaluation due to increased money printing.

The people that want to print money endlessly are the same that cry about why real asset prices are skyrocketing. No shit a house is going to double in price when your answer to economic woes is to just print more money.

Don't forget that inflation also devalues debt, which does help blue collar people.

It's not a simple as "inflation bad"
Gold: 11,571.00
Oct 7 2019 05:43am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 7 2019 02:39am)
Don't forget that inflation also devalues debt, which does help blue collar people.

It's not a simple as "inflation bad"

Never said inflation bad. What I said printing money is generally bad.
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 7 2019 05:53am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 7 Oct 2019 07:59)
I suppose you can substantiate an economic expert or politician saying that printing the budget won't cause other problems? Because that seems pretty outlandish. Somebody proposing MMT as a policy isn't necessarily ignoring the potential problems.

https://www.businessinsider.de/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ommt-modern-monetary-theory-how-pay-for-policies-2019-1?r=US&IR=T

[AOC] said she was open to Modern Monetary Theory, a burgeoning theory among some economists positing that the federal debt is not an economic restraint for the US. She said the idea, which holds that the government doesn't need to balance the budget and that budget surpluses actually hurt the economy, "absolutely" needed to be "a larger part of our conversation."

There you go, AOC saying that the government should increase deficit spending according to MMT; and the "the government doesnt need to balance the budget"-part implies that it wont cause (noteworthy) problems.

Quote (Ghot @ 7 Oct 2019 06:09)
Naw... MMT stands for Magic Money Tree. :)

LOL, good one! :rofl:

Quote (ofthevoid @ 7 Oct 2019 06:28)
If only these tards understood how that destroys people’s savings. Blue collar people saving all their life only to get wiped out by currency devaluation due to increased money printing.

The people that want to print money endlessly are the same that cry about why real asset prices are skyrocketing. No shit a house is going to double in price when your answer to economic woes is to just print more money.

Why is it that the most bold proposals for reorganizing our economy always come from the most economically illiterate people? ^_^

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Oct 7 2019 05:54am
Gold: 1,665.00
Oct 7 2019 07:44am
nowadays nn to print money, most of the money in the world are pixels in the banking cloud.

that means the EZB got 150 billions of euro and after a reset, the EZB got 180 billions

This post was edited by KaterMikesch on Oct 7 2019 07:46am
Gold: 57.00
Oct 7 2019 07:48am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 7 Oct 2019 07:53)
https://www.businessinsider.de/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-ommt-modern-monetary-theory-how-pay-for-policies-2019-1?r=US&IR=T

There you go, AOC saying that the government should increase deficit spending according to MMT; and the "the government doesnt need to balance the budget"-part implies that it wont cause (noteworthy) problems.

Why is it that the most bold proposals for reorganizing our economy always come from the most economically illiterate people? ^_^

yeah i agree. drumpf cut my taxes (a little but i will take it) and my company increased hiring/new positions. and now yang wants to give me $1k

these are winning economic positions. not whatever okie doke the usual suspects are spewing to guise their “what’s mine is mine, what’s yours is mine” policies
Gold: 260.11
Oct 7 2019 08:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 7 2019 06:53am)

None of what she said here was wrong, or an answer to my question. "We should do X" os not the same as "X has zero downsides".

Additionally she didnt say printing the budget wont cause issues, she doesnt mention expanding the money supply at all.

This is why I dont take attacks on AOC seriously. It's pretty much just going out of your way to interpret everything she says or does in the worst favorable light, and in some cases ( like what you just did) an outright strawman attack. Her career started with criticisms of why somebody good with money doesnt waste a bunch of it to move early and has continued to be nothing but meme tier criticisms.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 7 2019 08:48am
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 7 2019 08:33am
https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/ilhan-omar-files-for-divorce-from-husband-amid-affair-allegations/

Update to the bottomless clusterfuck that is Ilhan Omar's scandals
Today she officially filed for divorce from Ahmed Hirsi

This comes after she had an affair with Tim Mynett, after she got Ahmed Hirsi fired from his patronage job with Alondra Cano, after the revelations that she was legally married to her brother while living with her 'real' husband Hirsi.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 7 2019 09:09am
Quote (Goomshill @ 7 Oct 2019 10:33)
https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/ilhan-omar-files-for-divorce-from-husband-amid-affair-allegations/

Update to the bottomless clusterfuck that is Ilhan Omar's scandals
Today she officially filed for divorce from Ahmed Hirsi

This comes after she had an affair with Tim Mynett, after she got Ahmed Hirsi fired from his patronage job with Alondra Cano, after the revelations that she was legally married to her brother while living with her 'real' husband Hirsi.

hilarious that actual tabloids report more accurately than their #fakenews mainstream media counterparts
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 7 2019 09:21am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 7 2019 10:09am)
hilarious that actual tabloids report more accurately than their #fakenews mainstream media counterparts

Particularly jarring since in Omar's case we found out that the mainstream media was literally colluding with her campaign to suppress the stories about her marriage scandals
The tabloids? Psshh. You'd be more informed by reading The Babylon Bee than by reading the Strib
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 7 2019 09:24am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 7 2019 10:09am)

Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 7 2019 10:21am)
Particularly jarring since in Omar's case we found out that the mainstream media was literally colluding with her campaign to suppress the stories about her marriage scandals
The tabloids? Psshh. You'd be more informed by reading The Babylon Bee than by reading the Strib

it's hilarious when tabloids break a big story. it's a perfect boy who cried wolf situation. they spend so much time reporting people who were probed by aliens and watchdogging celebs "addicted to drugs" because they wore sweat pants to the grocery store that no one gives them credit for actually being able to break anything.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1252627282970Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll