d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Server Rewrite Progress Thread
Prev1404142434447Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 55,783.36
Jul 21 2018 01:04pm
Quote (BlastBeat @ Jul 21 2018 10:00am)
Hope you never sold that 58% hm club you had ft.

If you didnt I bet it just went up in price lol

I have a 30 hm lvl 50 padded robe....now I wonder how much this will be worth with this new update....
Gold: 358.82
Jul 21 2018 01:10pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Jul 21 2018 03:04pm)
I have a 30 hm lvl 50 padded robe....now I wonder how much this will be worth with this new update....

Maybe if it was a scale or plate. If you're wearing a robe you're likely doing the healing and need int.
Gold: 55,783.36
Jul 21 2018 01:48pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 20 2018 04:33pm)
Drop stats from two of us around 30 to 32:

T1 [50]
T2 [33]
T3 [37]
T4 [27]
T5 [27]
T6 [12]
T7 [17]
T8 [4]
T9 [0]
T10 [0]
T11 [0]
T12 [0]

Will the drop rates increase for lvl 65 and up more than the current rate? this drop stats is actually close to what a current 5 person team gets in a group run. Also wondering if solo players will receive same drop rate or will that be significantly lowered?
Gold: 1.93
Jul 21 2018 03:40pm
These changes are pretty much everything i have ever asked for aside from well in town, i can live without the well.
Gold: 248,047.40
Jul 21 2018 03:54pm
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 06:57)
I'm going to make a change to the market at some point. I'm sure the solution won't satisfy everyone, but here is the problem and some of my current ideas at a solution:

- When items expire off the market, they sit there until you take them back onto a character.
- When a ladder resets, all items are marked as expired, and will sit there the same as above.

There is no purge happening on these, currently, so the tables have ~150k items, and 99% of them are expired.

The market is not intended to be a free storage mechanism!

With that in mind, here are a couple of solutions:
- At ladder reset, delete all items on the market that are expired from the previous season. This seems easiest, but most annoying because ladder seasons are highly variable.
- Delete items on the market that have sat expired for X amount of days. This seems most fair, because there's a known "get your gear before X" policy.

The reason this is required is I've been wanting to do a backend storage overhaul for probably a decade, but have been hamstringed by so much idle data floating around that will negatively impact any decisions on it.

The second one definitely sounds to be the most fair option and honestly makes alot of sense.

Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 08:51)
Playing with this now:
- Quick Draw now decreases the next attack time by 75% (from 50%)

Thats awesome!

Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 09:29)
Also playing around with a new Life Steal methodology:

- It is modified by the lesser of (monster difficulty %) and (101 - Your Level) for % effectiveness. For instance, at level 31, you have 70% effectiveness maximum. Normal mobs are about 30-40% difficulty, EPs are ~80%, Wells, and other special mobs (objectives) are 100%+ (LS does increase above 100%). This also has a minimum cap of 25% effectiveness.
- It cannot heal more in one shot than whatever the effective % of your max HP is. For instance, let's say you have 5% LS, effective at 2% (level 71, fighting a regular monster), it can only heal a max of 2% of your total life. If you have 2k life, that means it will heal no more than 40hp per hit. Of course, that means your hit has to be at least 2k damage, and the monster had to have at least that many HP.

- It continues to use if < 1 HP, heal at least 1 HP.
- It removes the variable 1% to X%

Also, some monsters cannot have life stolen from them. (Undead, etc).

It's pretty complicated math, so my apologies for a convoluted explanation. Perhaps others can break it down and explain it a bit better.

Anyway, this isn't for sure going in the final release yet. It seems to have a better net effectiveness than the current algorithm, however.

TL;DR: This is a buff to Life Steal without being insanely OP.

Whoa the return of Lifesteal builds looks very promising! This is really cool and I love that you included the math behind the stats! Are all the sidemods supported by complex math like this? If so would you consider shedding light on their formula as well?

Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 10:54)
You mean this?
- Recipient Heal Mastery now adds into the bonus to the amount healed if someone else heals you

Maybe I forgot to post it. (New feature for this version)

Whoa!!! This is sweet!! I know there are several nice tank armors with HM on them and they just became soooo much more useful

Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 11:22)
- Jubilance now gives +Experience every time you hit a monster, calculated as roughly Jubilance * Monster Difficulty %

With 2 jubilance, I'm getting about 64-80 xp per hit on regular mobs. Yeah, not a lot, but it adds up, especially if you're grinding it out!

Happy happy!

Wow thats cool :D Just think of having a good amount of jub (5-10 or so) and using multi-strike/cast on a full 9 wave! You would definitely be able to see the boost of XP! This stat might actually prove to be quite useful in the future :D

Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 11:43)
Hit = anything that damages a monster.

edit: Damn I'm unlucky. T9 robe, no good for my barb. This is from about 1 level worth of playing at ~35 -- solo

T1 [22]
T2 [15]
T3 [14]
T4 [12]
T5 [7]
T6 [7]
T7 [8]
T8 [4]
T9 [2]
T10 [0]
T11 [0]
T12 [0]

Oooo Solo drop stats are looking good!

Quote (Bob888 @ 21 Jul 2018 11:55)
1- Here's a question. I assume acc. slot charm is designed for heal charms only. Is there any other mod besides EE that you may implement usable in the accessory slot?

2- Will axes always crit much more often than all of the other weapons and clubs critical hit the least?

3- Will there be a cap on healmastery? If there wasn't a tank could use a high healmastery armor and he would take much more damage but would require less heals so it would be about the same idea as a tank (sandbag) conceptually.

4- will any classes receive any type of buff such as head hunter or alchemist? It feels like achieving these classes should feel more rewarding. The penalties are hefty. If Headhunters could start with maybe 45 vitality it would make them feel so much stronger. If Head hunters could use another weapon type we would see more diversity in terms of weapons. Every other melee class can choose between 3 or more weapons. HH only has 2 which are both axes. If Alchemist had a special ability like spin detection or something that would be really cool and more dynamic/ want people to reach this class more.

1 - would love to know this as well
2 - I believe the crits were based off the ratios so it might just be that the ratio for axes being so much easier to hold true to makes this happen. Daggers/clubs actually can never achieve the perfect ratios of 90/10 or 10/90 which would be why you see less crits from those.
3 - Would love to know this as well :D a noob tanker might be able to get away with mass HM which would be quite a bit cheaper than godly ee items.
4 - How can you complain about HH? Its the best melee character in the game by far. The only one that comes as a close second is samurai due to it being the class that actually gets multi-strike.

Quote (Apot @ 21 Jul 2018 12:48)
@Paul,

Why doesn't vitality the stat on gear give you life?

Ive always wondered this :( Also why the vit added from sneaky does not give life retroactively like you get when putting in vit stat points at later levels.

This post was edited by Cheeya on Jul 21 2018 03:55pm
Admin
Gold: 22,279.75
Trader: Trusted
Jul 21 2018 04:27pm
I'm thinking about doing two phases of beta testing. The first would be on the clean dev server with the goal of getting at least 1 (hopefully more, like a full team) to master quest.

The second phase would be copying the live data to dev, doing a fake ladder reset, then having some groups do some climbs.

This will let us first double check for last minute bugs, and finally for any balance issues related to these new buffs.

I'm hoping we can start this Monday. How long it takes depends on how many testers we can get playing as much as possible to make me satisfied that any and all bugs are fixed.

I still need to wrap up the guild vault transfers, and the master quest code. The latter shouldn't take long, but the former is surprisingly complex.

There are more things I want to get done, so if I decide to start them, the start date will be pushed back accordingly.
Gold: 4.80
Jul 21 2018 04:34pm
Quote (njaguar @ 22 Jul 2018 00:27)
I'm thinking about doing two phases of beta testing. The first would be on the clean dev server with the goal of getting at least 1 (hopefully more, like a full team) to master quest.

The second phase would be copying the live data to dev, doing a fake ladder reset, then having some groups do some climbs.

This will let us first double check for last minute bugs, and finally for any balance issues related to these new buffs.

I'm hoping we can start this Monday. How long it takes depends on how many testers we can get playing as much as possible to make me satisfied that any and all bugs are fixed.

I still need to wrap up the guild vault transfers, and the master quest code. The latter shouldn't take long, but the former is surprisingly complex.

There are more things I want to get done, so if I decide to start them, the start date will be pushed back accordingly.

This sounds great, i am ready to dedicate my self to this, as long as it take!

This post was edited by Def_Not_Tim on Jul 21 2018 04:35pm
Gold: 1.93
Jul 21 2018 04:35pm
As long as we can make time zones work I'll put in any time you need to help test.
I still owe you a favor or two.
Gold: 2,000.40
Jul 21 2018 04:35pm
Quote (njaguar @ 21 Jul 2018 18:27)

I'm good with a push back if it means we get some more goody-surprises. I'm pretty sure getting a Christmas release is good with everyone else too.
Gold: 19.63
Warn: 30%
Jul 21 2018 04:43pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Jul 21 2018 05:04pm)

You just made double on what you paid for that. So if you paid 1 fg it`s worth 2 now. :drool:

Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1404142434447Next
Closed New Topic New Poll