d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Ladder Slasher Server Rewrite Progress Thread
Prev1303132333447Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 72,218.00
Jul 19 2018 12:05pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 19 2018 09:40am)
Regarding the colors, I said many years ago that if someone gives me the precise color codes for the gradients to replace the existing ones, I'd consider using them, provided they are still thematic to the map area. Some of it is intentional, eg, ever been in a white-out blizzard? I seem to recall adjusting one or two already, but I forget, as it's been years since then.

Update:
Maps work. Haven't tested final chest, but it should be fine.

List of things left is roughly something like this:
- Vault
- Final objective testing, finishing a few loose ends
- Well
- Master Quest
- Data reloading/portability

and tons of testing. Almost ready to start some closed beta testing, hopefully here shortly this afternoon.

Awesome can't wait to see how the closed beta goes :d
Gold: 55,970.56
Jul 19 2018 12:19pm
Quote (NeverDies @ Jul 19 2018 10:05am)
could you check weather its right that you nearly cant find good high items (tier 11 and higher)?
i play only solo and do arround 30 runs now and didnt found any nice item
but wont spam here^^

and the whining has begun.....lol dude....wait until AFTER the update to do this =)
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2018 12:42pm
its only a question :)
and wont spam i only ask cz paul is so communicativ :)

i am fine with all new that comes :)
Gold: 50,062.31
Jul 19 2018 12:45pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 19 2018 01:40pm)
Regarding the colors, I said many years ago that if someone gives me the precise color codes for the gradients to replace the existing ones, I'd consider using them, provided they are still thematic to the map area. Some of it is intentional, eg, ever been in a white-out blizzard? I seem to recall adjusting one or two already, but I forget, as it's been years since then.

Update:
Maps work. Haven't tested final chest, but it should be fine.

List of things left is roughly something like this:
- Vault
- Final objective testing, finishing a few loose ends
- Well
- Master Quest
- Data reloading/portability

and tons of testing. Almost ready to start some closed beta testing, hopefully here shortly this afternoon.

Have you? I have, and I remember it didn't hurt my eyes to look around. Also, whiteouts can occur at night, you know... in which case, everything would be black. So why not a black map background? ;)

The white background do not add to the game, enhance it in any way whatsoever. It only aggravates the players, hurts our eyes. There is not one single person who likes your white background (or any other bright, blinding backgrounds). Please hear our suggestion and fix it. :)
Gold: 134.69
Jul 19 2018 12:54pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Jul 19 2018 01:45pm)
Have you? I have, and I remember it didn't hurt my eyes to look around. Also, whiteouts can occur at night, you know... in which case, everything would be black. So why not a black map background? ;)

The white background do not add to the game, enhance it in any way whatsoever. It only aggravates the players, hurts our eyes. There is not one single person who likes your white background (or any other bright, blinding backgrounds). Please hear our suggestion and fix it. :)

What are you, insane? Don't be giving him ideas like that :p
Gold: 248,047.40
Jul 19 2018 12:56pm
Quote (dude_927 @ 19 Jul 2018 12:54)
What are you, insane? Don't be giving him ideas like that :p

Would support blackout map 110% more than the whiteout map xD

@Paul

You said you need color gradients... In what way are the colors coded? the basic hex color code like the orbs or is it an RBG code?
Gold: 134.69
Jul 19 2018 12:58pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Jul 19 2018 01:56pm)
Would support blackout map 110% more than the whiteout map xD

@Paul

You said you need color gradients... In what way are the colors coded? the basic hex color code like the orbs or is it an RBG code?

I want to see when I play games, if u want to play blind u can just close your eyes :cry:
Gold: 55,970.56
Jul 19 2018 01:15pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jul 19 2018 10:58am)
I want to see when I play games, if u want to play blind u can just close your eyes :cry:

too bad I dont know how to put a meme in here.

The one that comes to mind is the "I'm one with the force the force is with me" as the blind guy in Star Wars walks across the battlefield....
Gold: 50,062.31
Jul 19 2018 01:27pm
Wish I could edit my post to add some things. Anyway, just wanted to add:

Google "whiteout blizzards" and check out the results on "Images" tab. Compare and contrast the images with the 100% white background of the website itself (Google site). See the difference? The blizzards are actually dark grey for the most part.

Blizzards require clouds, right? And for it to be a whiteout, the snowfall would have to be very heavy. In which case, the clouds would be heavy. Heavy clouds = dark grey, always. There's no direct sunlight to brighten things up.

Additionally, winter days are short. Nights are long. So... most of the time it'd be dark. ;)

Conclusion: Make the background dark grey... we all will be very grateful and our eyes will thank you. :)

Do the same for the other bright backgrounds, please.
Gold: 3,188.69
Jul 19 2018 02:49pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 19 2018 07:22am)
- I already rejected the transmuting change. It's not happening.
- Abilities mechanics are not changing. I may buff a few of them a bit more, but there will be no underlying changes to the base functionality of them.

Char/mob states should be done. Only tested the mob side. About half the mob abilities are done and tested. Keep running into unexpected bugs that shouldn't be happening, so it's taking a bit longer to get these sections done.

Here is a version I think will have greater appeal.

May require making stacks splitable. (Sounds like you did this already in the new version)
Allow muters to combine two identical essences into an object of a new type these "fused essences" can be be used by anyone to instant mute.

Maintains current muting system in all regards to time/effort/prof/item investment etc.
Creates new option but still more efficient use of resources to self mute.

Wasting the essence and spending the time to fuse is the cost of transferring muting power into the hands of a muggle for profit.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1303132333447Next
Closed New Topic New Poll