d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Proficiency/gear Optimization Suggestion > A True Meaningful Grind
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6,798.87
Jul 8 2018 02:44pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 04:37pm)
This isn't D3. You're not going to see 50 digit stats on items. Once again, I merely pointed out an oversight of a benefit that it looks like a vast majority of you didn't even realize existed.

:hail: So glad of it :)

Quote (BWConformity @ Jul 8 2018 02:21pm)
I've already seen 10 and 15% rolls pretty often. Even 20% rolls have not been uncommon for me lately. Having two good properties spawn on a piece of gear is always a near-impossibility in LS, but that's just what makes the good items so special :)

However, the portal is majorly outdated when it comes to mastery %EE contribution, and many players don't seem to know that it isn't accurate.
"Adds to the Enhanced Effect of any [element] charms you use by the % listed. Also increases resistance vs ice attacks against your character."

Much like what it says for heal mastery:
"Adds to the Enhanced Effect of any healing charms you use by the % listed."

I suspect that when heal mastery was nerfed, it caused a corresponding nerf in elemental masteries. I wonder, Paul, if you could update these portal descriptions for us to reflect the current bonuses given by masteries in terms of %EE as they confuse a lot of players, old and new.

I think the majority of players don't understand what elemental mastery is doing for damage either (they think it is having a much bigger effect than it is) because the portal is outdated though. Just wanna make sure this get's a chance at being looked at, thanks :)
Gold: 5,169.82
Jul 8 2018 02:44pm
I have to admit I agree with OP to some extent. I remember a few years ago a new item stat was added that I thought wasn't particularly useful. My reaction was mostly... "welp, another stat that can appear on an item and take the place of a useful stat."

I think this game's itemization could benefit a bit from having fewer different stats and slightly higher chances for good "combos" of stats to appear on one item.
Gold: 130,296.08
Trader: Trusted
Jul 8 2018 02:47pm
Quote (njaguar @ 8 Jul 2018 21:37)
This isn't D3. You're not going to see 50 digit stats on items.

Yeah i am ofcourse happy about that (i have never been a fan of d3). Just these mastery stats like healmastery as well seem to be too low and not valuable enough. Healmstery for example is just adding extra ee to the heal charms. This is pretty equivalent to having int (depending on the int/hm amount ofc). So almost nobody would use healmastery if they could use int to boost heal + dmg at the same time. Heal mastery should add more healing power than int does (like it used to be before the change). Heal mastery gear used to be kinda special for several builds that focussed on healing power, but it was never too strong (which you could easily see on the prices for hm gear which was always pretty low)

(if you compare a ~ 50dex charm of 1500 fg and a ~ 50hm charm of 20 fg or less/ compared to maybe 100-200 fg in the past)

on a side note: Really nice to have some active chat from you at ladder slasher. :santa:

This post was edited by ahs_darkhunter on Jul 8 2018 03:02pm
Gold: 1,470.74
Jul 8 2018 02:48pm
The biggest thing that needs to be changed with them, that's the easiest, is the cap per tier needs to be at least 3x if not 4x the current amount of 2 per.

For casting it works just like int and the way it is it's not even enough for a decent glyph.
When you factor in the chance of getting the mastery you want on the item you want it's already very very minute and throw in the chance of getting the right mastery on the right item with perfect amount is even more slim.

Making it 3 or 4 per tier would at least make it useful for glyphing and increase the very slim chance of you getting it on an item of use in a useful amount.

The other alternative would be to leave it as is and make it work with the bonus heal mastery had before this addition. Which would return heal mastery to it's original strength and give more strength to the elemental mastery's adding the value and usefulness back to heal mastery and giving value to elemental mastery's.

If that was put in place would be nice to give it a bonus to defense too and it could be a relative number like if you're hit with 100 wind damage then 1% wind mastery takes off 5 or 10 of that or equal to the %.

The greatest thing about the defensive side of a per tier cap increase is that you may could eventually have a set up that would heal you back for specific elemental damage you take where like it is now it's impossible to have that.

For example currently you'd need a charm with 28% wind mastery, and armor with 28% wind mastery, a weapon with 28% wind mastery which gives you a total of 84% so on those 3 items you will need to also have Magical Damage Reduction, in some way make up the other 16% just to hit the break point of 100, but the kicker is you need over 100% in any one element for you to ever get the use of absorbing it. The effect of which is still unknown whether you will just eat that damage or would it heal you from it. And that's just plain items, think of getting perfect or close to it on items you'd actually climb with.

So for this to work at all:
- Element Mastery stats will increase the damage of that particular element, as well as increase your elemental resistance against damage taken for that element.
- Magic Damage Reduction will continue to be an "all resistance" style mod, and it stacks with the individual ones for defense purposes.
- If your effective element reduction total is over 100%, you will absorb the % amount over 100. For instance, if you have 105% fire mastery/MDR, you will absorb 5% fire damage.

Then their must be a cap increase, if not it keeps this addition useless and virtually valueless.
Jul 8 2018 02:54pm
Only reason I mentioned that is because it's been 7 years and there's still not a usable set for defensive purposes to even test that aspect of the mod.

ex: any ee weapon(+100ee) with capped master/ee armor(+100ee) with a capped mastery/ stat charm with a capped mastery.
Admin
Gold: 24,673.79
Jul 8 2018 06:18pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jul 8 2018 03:54pm)
Only reason I mentioned that is because it's been 7 years and there's still not a usable set for defensive purposes to even test that aspect of the mod.

ex: any ee weapon(+100ee) with capped master/ee armor(+100ee) with a capped mastery/ stat charm with a capped mastery.

False. You all either didn't pick them up, shrined them, or skilled them. There haven't been a plethora, but there have been hundreds according to the logs. Again, not bad for a literal top stat roll.

Face it, you all have one build, and its ee or nothing. Not my fault you ignore items that lack it.
Jul 8 2018 06:27pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 08:18pm)
False. You all either didn't pick them up, shrined them, or skilled them. There haven't been a plethora, but there have been hundreds according to the logs. Again, not bad for a literal top stat roll.

Face it, you all have one build, and its ee or nothing. Not my fault you ignore items that lack it.

Personally haven’t seen it in game or posted in any threads, talked about it anywhere.

So you’re saying that there’s been a set of gear that’s been level 55 armor and weapon with maxed mastery that both match and have 150+ ee as well as a stat charm that also has matching maxed mastery with 30+ stats? As well as somewhere in there it also has another 17+ MDR to be able to use and test this aspect of the mod in game?

I’ve gathered some plain max mastery gear but not a full set and that’s nothing with other usable stats to make it playable in a group.

It’s not ignoring ee but we do have to have it to kill monsters to progress to mq. All the more so now with the added challeneges of events.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jul 8 2018 06:28pm
Admin
Gold: 24,673.79
Jul 8 2018 06:27pm
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jul 8 2018 07:27pm)
Personally haven’t seen it in game or posted in any threads, talked about it anywhere.

So you’re saying that there’s been a set of gear that’s been level 55 armor and weapon with maxed mastery that both match and have 150+ ee as well as a stat charm that also has matching maxed mastery with 30+ stats? As well as somewhere in there it also has another 17+ MDR to be able to use and test this aspect of the mod in game?

I’ve gathered some plain max mastery gear but not a full set and that’s nothing with other usable stats to make it playable in a group.

Thanks for proving my point.
Gold: 50,100.19
Jul 8 2018 06:29pm
It’s getting hot in here!!!!
Jul 8 2018 06:31pm
Quote (njaguar @ Jul 8 2018 08:27pm)
Thanks for proving my point.

I guess I’m missing something. EE is a must especially at higher levels. The mastery’s are a side mod that’s the whole discussion? Now we’ve just been discussing the aspect of that mod that we can’t use and that’s the sorbing. But it would be pointless to have just mastery on the item without it being able to kill monsters at higher levels or tank their damage. Right?
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll