d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Stupid Suggestion > Select Amount Of Doors Before Climb
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Jul 7 2018 06:25am
While I am writing this I personally don't even know if it is a good suggestion. When I play Ladderslasher I mostly do like 1 - 2 Climbs a day when the community is active. Thus I won't proceeed "fast" to higher classes. Most likely I will get stuck on Monk and even I have good gear I get tired of climbing Monk but I am forced to play it since I need to unlock Ninja, Warlock and so on.

What came to my mind is that I would like to play my Monk as a Paladin to use Tank Items and Axes. Starting the Climb I already know even if I pass the 3 Doors on Paladin I will fail. Now look at what I am thinking:

If I was able to choose the amount of doors I will face (3 - the doors my char can face [excluding Alchemist]) at the start of the climb, I would probably use the Paladin to defeat 4 Doors.

Example I - beeing stuck on Monk:
Highest Class unlocked: Monk (4 Doors)
Attempts with Monk 50
Reroll to Paladin to play with another Setup or be the Tank for the Group
Still face 4 Doors - If passed you unlock Ninja

Example II - Stuck on Warlock (take Alex as Example who had 180 Warlock Climbs until he passed to Headhunter)
Highest Class unlocked: Warlock (5 Doors)
Attempts with Warlock: 180
Reroll to Ninja because you want to play with Daggers and be a Trapdoor Detector
Still face 5 Doors - If passed you Unlock Headhunter

Since the game gives higher Classes more Stats and better Skills (excluding the Alchemist) you would have an Auto-Penalty. Furthermore you should lose the access to your additional stat points so the maximum is 10 Stats on a rerolled char with the flag "max doors".
This feature should not be available for the Alchemist.
You have to do one Climb with you highest class to unlock the feature.

Pros
- Able to proceed to higher classes with lower classes
- Building a Group will be easier as one could reroll to ta Healer or Tank and still proceed to the next Class if he passes
- Only 2 Item Sets needed (Melee + Casting) > Starter Friendly
- Better variety if you Solo

Cons
- You could play Feeder - Alchemist as a Rogue (excluding the one climb per Class you are forced to do)
- Bob888 will play Guardian from Feeder to Achemist

This was just a thought of a player who is not rushing to MQ's and likes to play solo (but not on the highest Class).

Would like to hear some Opinions.
Gold: 79,066.03
Jul 7 2018 07:03am
I get where your coming from. Even when I was/am active I would get stuck on monk also.

But the cons outweigh the ‘pros’ too much here.

All you would need is 1 casting set and you could play the whole game if this came into effect.
Gold: 433.48
Jul 7 2018 07:06am
Dan cheating the system like always.

I don't really like it. I mean it kinda makes the system with unlocking classes useless
Gold: 3,874.04
Jul 7 2018 07:13am
Quote (Meridius @ Jul 7 2018 08:06am)
Dan cheating the system like always.

I don't really like it. I mean it kinda makes the system with unlocking classes useless

This would be more about unlocking doors than classes. I think it would bring more diversity and enjoyment to the game. Also a dying community who is built around having a tank and at least one caster to heal or people won’t climb and you can’t get a 5/5. This could be healthy in some form.
Gold: 18,145.28
Jul 7 2018 07:23am
As I said I still don't even know if I like this or not. It has potential but it also crushes the actual game. I don't want that someone can easily access the Alchemist, but I'd like an open door to unlock higher classes without doing 200 mq's on one char). It's not that I don't like certain chars but I get bored playing with them.
Gold: 52,474.77
Warn: 30%
Jul 7 2018 01:08pm
This would be great for a lot of new players who pass really quickly and can't keep up with the gear.
It would also help to keep people playing because a lot of times people get bored of the same class abilities, same gear over and over. If you could do a few climbs with another set of gear, it would make the game more fun again and diverse.

The point of unlocking new classes is to have stronger better characters to play with. Unlocking a warlock is amazing. Some people don't like warlock so they would reroll their char to monk or paladin.

There are more details needed to assess the idea as a whole but maybe even if there was an option to potentially roll back just 1 class in order for this to happen.
Gold: 7,863.56
Jul 7 2018 01:37pm
There is no HELL NO option
So I will have to settle for the 'Go Home like Germany at the Worldcup' option, I guess
Gold: 3,188.69
Jul 7 2018 04:07pm
wait so you wanna play the whole game as a guardian?
Gold: 464,105.17
Jul 7 2018 04:19pm
having 1 or 2 setups would really help the economy eh?
Gold: 52,474.77
Warn: 30%
Jul 7 2018 04:22pm
There would have to be other sorts of penalties to this such as:

If you want to play a previous class you get + 1 door.

So a monk wanting to play as paladin would get 5 doors when rerolling to paladin.

It makes perfect sense. It wouldn't ruin the economy in any way. There are many ideas that could be implemented to make this viable. A headhunter rerolling to warlock could still pass to alchemist but he'd have to pass through 6 doors and not just 5. At least there would be still be a small chance and you'd be able to play a previous class as long as you wanted. We can still reroll if we want to. There's just no class progression.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll