d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Possible Solution > To Selling Mutes
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 134.69
Jul 2 2018 08:48am
What if the roll didn't happen until you double click the item after the mute?

Ie. You finish your mute and the item turns yellow and the words say "angelic (+4) essence, double click to reroll"

These yellow (or whatever) items could then be put on the mp for other people to reroll.

This fixes several issues.
-it will minimize item hoarding and hopefully counteract random players buying up all the skillables

-time to lvl muting won't need to be doubled

-instant mute for buyer, not for seller

-flashiness of a 55item with angelic roll will lure more players into buying over just a pile of essence

-no stacking issues now

What do you guys think? This is just a rough thought I spat out for now. Someone else can do a proper poll if ppl like the idea.
Gold: 2,161.54
Jul 2 2018 09:21am
Just reroll how muting was and give people with prof “magic luck” for their time.

You now get experience for rolling these items but people will never reach the current top muters who gave thousands of hours to get there.
Gold: Locked
Jul 2 2018 10:04am
Did I understood correctly? after you mute a item, to be able to sell it unid, like in diablo?

If so, I like it. This might be an better alternative to the essence suggestion from the other topic.
Jul 2 2018 10:08am
Quote (obob_ro @ Jul 2 2018 11:04am)
Did I understood correctly? after you mute a item, to be able to sell it unid, like in diablo?

If so, I like it. This might be an better alternative to the essence suggestion from the other topic.

Ya basically you can make unid items, good analogy

E: and if I can sneak it maybe suffusencing can do something to it while unid

Ee: more rolls or magic luck or something, I dunno, that part can be another suggestion, its probly less likely Paul will want it.

Eee: grand scheme: we cut the number of actual mutes needed to find a good item in half or better, but the difficulty of making a decent roll will cut rolls being made down to 1/3. Players will feel rewarded even though very little actual change is happening to the economy. Thus players are actually influenced to roll, and let's face it, who could resists that 100%suffused lvl55 angelic+? I'm not even a gambler and I'd pay 50 for it

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jul 2 2018 10:37am
Gold: 15,283.74
Jul 2 2018 10:55am
Quote (dude_927 @ Jul 2 2018 10:48am)
What if the roll didn't happen until you double click the item after the mute?

Ie. You finish your mute and the item turns yellow and the words say "angelic (+4) essence, double click to reroll"

These yellow (or whatever) items could then be put on the mp for other people to reroll.

This fixes several issues.
-it will minimize item hoarding and hopefully counteract random players buying up all the skillables

-time to lvl muting won't need to be doubled

-instant mute for buyer, not for seller

-flashiness of a 55item with angelic roll will lure more players into buying over just a pile of essence

-no stacking issues now

What do you guys think? This is just a rough thought I spat out for now. Someone else can do a proper poll if ppl like the idea.

I really like this idea!! Thank you for posting this. This should be harder to code, but more worthwhile imo. :hail:
Gold: 609.40
Warn: 30%
Jul 2 2018 11:49am
Why not just make it so the muter can choose if you wants to instamute or not. That way those looking for prof can continue with the old system and those looking to sell essences can sell.

This unidentified idea is too limiting. It means you have to choose the item that's on the marketplace and you can't select what you want to mute.

The fact is a change to muting should definitely happen, it would be great for the community! There must be middle grounds where low-ki and others who voted know can accept.

After all, we all want changes to the game but not something that will affect our gameplay negatively.
Jul 2 2018 12:15pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Jul 2 2018 12:49pm)
Why not just make it so the muter can choose if you wants to instamute or not. That way those looking for prof can continue with the old system and those looking to sell essences can sell.

This unidentified idea is too limiting. It means you have to choose the item that's on the marketplace and you can't select what you want to mute.

The fact is a change to muting should definitely happen, it would be great for the community! There must be middle grounds where low-ki and others who voted know can accept.

After all, we all want changes to the game but not something that will affect our gameplay negatively.

I feel like this "just turn it off" solution everyone has for everything is a band-aid for a bad idea. If "make it toggleable" is the solution to a problem like this, then it wasn't a very good idea to begin with.

That's what I'm trying to think up, we can't all get what we want but we can agree we want something different. This is kind of the middle ground, I tried to address all the problems the people that said no had (aside the ones that just can't be swayed because they said so)
Gold: 609.40
Warn: 30%
Jul 2 2018 12:21pm
Whether something is toggleable or not has no basis on if it is good.

Having a toggle option would allow for the change to happen and keep everyone happy. It's by far the best option. People who play the game and transmute will be able to find the option and uncheck it accordingly by accessing the configurations menu via "esc".
Jul 2 2018 12:24pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Jul 2 2018 01:21pm)
Whether something is toggleable or not has no basis on if it is good.

Having a toggle option would allow for the change to happen and keep everyone happy. It's by far the best option. People who play the game and transmute will be able to find the option and uncheck it accordingly by accessing the configurations menu via "esc".

Everyone except the new players we are trying to bring in, making a toggleable instamute is complicated and confusing. " double click to discover item stats" is quite straightforward.
Gold: 3,219.40
Jul 2 2018 01:23pm
Quote (dude_927 @ 2 Jul 2018 14:24)
Everyone except the new players we are trying to bring in, making a toggleable instamute is complicated and confusing. " double click to discover item stats" is quite straightforward.

I know right? My kids struggled with the concept of light switches too growing up. For now I'm going to vote no consensus on anything updating due to the fact that we as a community can't even agree on one idea let alone trying to set another solution. So no.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll