d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Unexpected_kernel_mode_trap > No Idea What To Do Now.
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 21 2018 12:44am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 21 2018 03:54am)
Guess you need new RAM or a new motherboard.

Before purchasing anything...I would test one stick only, 1st in one slot then the other...then repeat with the other stick. That will eliminate either the RAM or the motherboard as the cause of the issue.

I would also make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

I switched ram around and both sticks worked. How do I know if my motherboard is faulty? Thank you for the help
Gold: 10,655.00
Jun 21 2018 12:54am
Quote (gooFYX13 @ Jun 21 2018 02:44am)
I switched ram around and both sticks worked. How do I know if my motherboard is faulty? Thank you for the help

Well, when the RAM sticks work individually, but not as a set in the motherboard...that pretty much points to the motherboard RAM slots or the circuit runs leading to and away from them.
It could still be driver corruption. It might not show up in one stick at a time, but might throw errors when trying to run two sticks at a time.

The only other test I can think of is to remove all USB devices, except keyboard and mouse. If problem remains, then you need to test for motherboard vs. software.
If you want to be 100% sure, do a clean install of Windows 10, then clean install of your drivers. If problem still exists, it's the motherboard, if problem goes away, then it was a software issue.

/e IF it does turn out to be your motherboard, it does have a 3 year warranty.

/ee I would also check the RAM setting: "Command Rate" in the BIOS. It should be set to 2N.
Both the motherboard RAM compatibility list and the RAM configurator at Gskill, only list 2133Mhz RAM. That is what your RAM is running at. BUT it's 2400Mhz RAM.

Your CPU lists compatibility only up to 2133Mhz RAM, and your motherboard only lists compatibility up to 2133Mhz RAM.

It could also be just some weird compatibility issue. If you want, you can call AsRock motherboard tech support...

ASRock America, Inc.
13848 Magnolia Ave, Chino, CA91710
U.S.A.
Phone: +1-909-590-8308

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 21 2018 01:22am
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll