d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > How To Write Books, Books? > Info Inside.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 593,798.89
Jun 20 2018 12:54am
Seeing as this is a subforum with avid readers, I am sure most or all of you have at some point like myself, tried to write and Im sure many have failed.

Are there any how to books, as in. Obviously the book or story isnt going to write itself, but a book which can give me the best chance of writing something in a logical coherent manner?

I often start writing, and Ill ramble on for 500-1000 words at a time on a rush just writing whatever is in my mind. But my stories are always incoherent and obviously unconnected, and

I cant seem to answer questions about the characters in them? i.e Ill describe some events that my character did but I wont be able to say why, or who my character is how did he get here? where is he going etc?

Also, whenever I try to answer these questions, invariably unconsciously my mind picks up a main stream character in a famous novel/movie/tvshow and suddenly find myself describing that character.

I hate when that happens. I dont want to be a published author or anything. I dont even need to strictly write books or chapters but even short but meaningful stories which make sense.

And Im sure this is something which over time I can improve upon as is the case with everything in life.

So Im looking for a beginner friendly blue print which I can follow to structure my writing until I can do all that myself.

/e

Also, I will be looking for some courses on coursera/edx/etc to see if I can educate myself as a starting point.

This post was edited by mandarkkk on Jun 20 2018 12:59am
Gold: 2,575.00
Jul 22 2018 02:25pm
Each his own process honestly. Its really hard to craft a general "how to do it" method for that.

Not sure if its going to help you but I personnally need to find the big idea, and also the turning point of the plot i want to write about.
And after that, i build arround it. I don't really think too much about my characters in advance. I obviously have some ideas of what i want them to be, but that often change in the story while i find for myself i want them to be more like that or like this. And once i have fully understood who they really are, articulating the story arround them becomes way easier and funnier.

Sorry for not giving you much to chew on, its kinda hard for me to talk about this in english, as there is a lot of abstract concepts and its not my main language. Good luck with it ayway and dont give up.

This post was edited by harg on Jul 22 2018 02:26pm
Gold: 268.15
Sep 11 2018 06:25am
Hi, I am trying to write a book too.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Sep 11 2018 06:26am
Gold: 992.66
Trader: Trusted
Sep 24 2018 06:03am
When I lay restless in my bed a late night all the good ideas just pops-up in the head. Same with dreams, If I get some deep sleep I can dream a book.

You should get a notepad next to the bed and write down your ideas once they pop up and work from there ;)
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll