d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Mate: 1.00 Hardcore Hammerdin > Players 5
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 64.00
Jun 23 2018 04:23am

A man was lost.
Mate and Hem luckily managed to escape the heat.

Out of respect, Ymp's burnt corpse will not be shown here. He deserves better.
His loot went to Corbin, who will not use any of it.
Damnit, Corbin.

Ymp was removed from the game. The remainder of Arcane Sanctuary had already spawned at P5, so it made no difference.

How could I let it happen, you ask?
The awareness-radius of monsters in 1.00 is absolutely ridiculous., noticeably farther than it is in later patches.
Ymp was sniped from multiple screens away.

Below you can see how far The Summoner can not only see, but cast as well.
On the mini-map you can also find Hem, who is just outside of Summoner's range. Two steps forward and The Summoner would cook him.

Ymp has been avenged. Mate, in his rage, spilled much blood.
The Summoner is in pieces.

With Ymp's death, Amplify Damage is lost.
You will certainly be missed, Ymp.

This post was edited by Fruit on Jun 23 2018 04:26am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 23 2018 11:15pm
Nice man. I'll be following this.

If you have any questions, please, feel free to PM me. I have hundreds of hours put into 1.00.
Gold: 10,542.77
Jul 5 2018 03:49am
ISO updates. :)
Gold: 230.00
Jul 5 2018 08:24am
Quote (-joey- @ 5 Jul 2018 11:49)
ISO updates. :)

This! Tracking this one ;)
Love the nostalgia
Jul 18 2018 09:34pm
thanks for showing interest guys! i haven't had so much time to play diablo, so progress has been going only slowly.
unfortunately i often forgot to take screenshots, so many events weren't captured. :<

Quote (MizzouFTW @ 24 Jun 2018 07:15)
If you have any questions, please, feel free to PM me. I have hundreds of hours put into 1.00.

thanks for the offer! i'll refrain from bothering you at this point, since i still have a very long list of questions, mostly on bugs and technicalities. :D

however, there's one particular bug i'm most curious about at this point. i've only read about it so far (and not experienced it myself), but when you rush new chars with a char that has already unlocked the next difficulty, it's possible that the rusher will get bugged and can no longer enter nightmare/hell. if you happen to know anything about this bug, i'd love to know. :-) at some point i may want to rush new characters, and i'd rather not brick the char i did the rushing with.

Necromancy:

It's real. Ymp had died, but is reborn.
He decided to call a few buddies, so at least for now the game is rockin' P8.

I shopped a Spear with 10 IAS, as well as gloves with 10 IAS, and went down into the Den of Evil as Amazon.

Infernal Cap.
"Qlvl" did not exist until 1.07, so Unique and Set items can drop as long as the base can drop. I also found Pelta Lunata in the Den (it's terrible).

This guy hurt, and took forever to kill.
Unique monsters have 64 times their base life on P8, so most of them take about 15 years to kill. This is true for Hell as well, while in 1.14 Unique monsters there "only" have 9 times their base life.

This post was edited by Fruit on Jul 18 2018 09:39pm
Jul 18 2018 09:48pm
Because of the low resolution, the 7 icons of partied members overlap with the Skill screen.
Also, the Amazon had put a marshmallow on her Spear.

As early as Stony Field, I switched back to the Paladin.
Caused by the bug that gives monsters 4 times the intended attack rating, the Amazon was getting destroyed without a shield.
I did runs in Tristram, Tower and Barracks until the new guys were level 12, then I moved on to Act 2.

On the way to Radament, Isenhart's Lightbrand dropped.
This was actually a very welcome weapon upgrade, since I still do regular melee attacks to preserve mana. (Mana potions can not be bought at vendors.)

From a random Urn in Far Oasis, The Face of Horror drops.

Jul 18 2018 10:01pm
Its stats.
I will not be wearing it however, since Flee is not the way of the holy Paladin.

Fast forward to Tal Rasha's Tomb.
The Summoner was again a terrible experience, but in the end was utterly destroyed by our main holy brother.

Notice here how far away Hem is (on the mini-map), while his Might aura is still affecting Mate.
Ymp (the Nec on the right) is just outside of range.
This is the result of the "star bug", a bug in the calculation of the area of effect of skills. The bug translates to an absurd increase in horizontal- and vertical range.
The bug wasn't fixed until 1.04, and applies to almost every single skill. (The only exceptions I've found are Blizzard and Hydra.)
See https://i.imgur.com/xje7lyu.jpg how ridiculous a level 20 Static Field is.

Duriel also was a dangerous fellow.
I decided to pump Static Field on the Sorceress (Stot), and got a mercenary from Greiz.
Duriel typically one-shots mercenaries, so I just kept returning to town to get a new one.
After a few visits by Stot, Duriel was softened up enough for Mate to Hammer him down.
As expected, drops were underwhelming.

This post was edited by Fruit on Jul 18 2018 10:15pm
Jul 18 2018 10:24pm
A new Act, finally.

There's the Field Plate.
Good enough for Mate to use. The 10 FHR it provides keeps me at the 5-frame breakpoint, with a total of 50 FHR. The next breakpoint would be at 80 FHR.

Everyone got himself a "Fast Cast" cold mercenary.
These cast only Glacial Spike offensively, or use their sword attack when enemies get close.

Cozy.
(Bunch of filthy leechers.)

Jul 18 2018 10:34pm
I was scared to go in, but the heroes were not.
Sszark and his lackeys were lured into a storm of Glacial Spikes and could not do all that much in their frozen state.

Gathering up just past the border into Flayer Jungle.
Looks cold.

If you do not talk to Asheara after giving this to Ormus, the pedestal will not be lit in new games and can again be clicked to spawn a Champion or Unique pack.
The spawned packs will not drop another Gidbinn however, so you can't abuse this to farm rare Rings. (Aww.)

Jul 18 2018 10:46pm
The only rare Ring worth showing, out of all 8 quest rewards.
Admittedly, I was hoping for more/better.

Fast forward.
I ultimately decided to skip Endugu.
Since his minions are also Shamans, you will go down so quickly, their speed and damage are absurd, on top of their high health pool. I tried for a while, but it wasn't worth the risk.

A fun little armor.
Not very good, unfortunately.

A bunch of Flails.

This post was edited by Fruit on Jul 18 2018 10:49pm
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll