d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Hits Taken
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,892.68
Jun 19 2018 04:35pm
It is dependent on each wave, so you can not calculate this effectively.

1. Solo vs 1 monster, it is either 100% of either.
2. Solo vs 2 monster, it is either 100% of either or 50%
3. And so forth.

Now, as for groups, it is the same.

1. 5 group vs 1 monster, it is either 100% of either
2. 5 group vs 2 monster, it is either 100% of either or 50%
3. And so forth

Now, if you are asking about the game mechanics spawning ratio of physical to casting monsters, then that is all random, not every game will have the same ratio.

Poll is irrelevant.

Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 20 2018 11:40am)
Every mob can hit melee (or at least most, the odd one casts every time but I'm pretty sure they can all hit melee)

Some mobs have a heal charm and some have a damage charm (I have never seen one cast and heal, pretty sure it doesn't happen)

Melee has to be higher (in terms of hits taken, damage is another story entirely)

It is still irrelevant, I put it in simple terms because each wave is different, thus it effects casting, melee and healing ratios.
This does NOT include monsters that "summon" duplicates, even some of those duplicates have different traits (wrong wording)...
basically they may heal or cast with different types, I would assume this goes with the weapon they use [theory here]

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Jun 19 2018 04:55pm
Gold: 134.69
Jun 19 2018 04:40pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Jun 19 2018 05:35pm)
It is dependent on each wave, so you can not calculate this effectively.

1. Solo vs 1 monster, it is either 100% of either.
2. Solo vs 2 monster, it is either 100% of either or 50%
3. And so forth.

Now, as for groups, it is the same.

1. 5 group vs 1 monster, it is either 100% of either
2. 5 group vs 2 monster, it is either 100% of either or 50%
3. And so forth

Now, if you are asking about the game mechanics spawning ratio of physical to casting monsters, then that is all random, not every game will have the same ratio.

Poll is irrelevant.

Every mob can hit melee (or at least most, the odd one casts every time but I'm pretty sure they can all hit melee)

Some mobs have a heal charm and some have a damage charm (I have never seen one cast and heal, pretty sure it doesn't happen)

Melee has to be higher (in terms of hits taken, damage is another story entirely)

E: also never seen two different charms on one mob period, pretty sure they only get one

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jun 19 2018 04:43pm
Gold: 7,863.56
Jun 19 2018 05:34pm
a2 + b2 = c2.
Gold: 381.47
Warn: 30%
Jun 19 2018 06:35pm
SO many calculations.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2018 07:44pm
80 / 20
Gold: 131.96
Jun 19 2018 10:44pm
I think it's about 70/35

(that's 105%!)

Couldn't say but seems to lean more toward physical for sure.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jun 20 2018 01:54am
He mentioned that each monster already had a preset 2 to 6 different attacks but had never been activated in the game play. I think the number was like 432 total abilities that our monster pool could do. He then gradually set some up and we identified them, he’s yet to activate any more. He did mention that each monster has a melee and caster attack.

When he introduced masteries he said he changed the monster AI and they now hit more often to the defense you’re weaker in. It then reflected in game and it made the once most sought after heavy armors less desirable and then less valuable and it made the mediums the most sought after and their prices went up.

What I’ve never tested was how often you get hit by which. But to test this you have to have all the above stated knowledge. Because without it and you put on say a plate armor the ratio you get will be very different from the ratio of wearing a robe etc.

I think to test it you’d want to wear a leather and stat your int/vita so the defense stays equal and then count hits taken in the game when no event is going on and inside a normal cata not a map and vs regular mobs only. I’d do say 1k hits taken. Watching the monsters attacks let’s you know if it’s a melee or caster attack as it shows the charm it uses when a caster attack is made. Then reroll and stat making say physical defense x amount more than magical and take the 1k hits etc. That would give you the ratio. After that it’s more about x amount of physical will help you take x amount of zero’s and other defensive properties.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jun 20 2018 01:54am
Gold: 1,037.16
Jun 20 2018 02:14am
e = mc²

e .. endured damage
m .. melee attack
c .. caster attack

B)
Gold: 8,892.68
Jun 20 2018 02:18am
Quote (PowerTripped @ Jun 20 2018 08:54pm)
He mentioned that each monster already had a preset 2 to 6 different attacks but had never been activated in the game play. I think the number was like 432 total abilities that our monster pool could do. He then gradually set some up and we identified them, he’s yet to activate any more. He did mention that each monster has a melee and caster attack.

When he introduced masteries he said he changed the monster AI and they now hit more often to the defense you’re weaker in. It then reflected in game and it made the once most sought after heavy armors less desirable and then less valuable and it made the mediums the most sought after and their prices went up.

What I’ve never tested was how often you get hit by which. But to test this you have to have all the above stated knowledge. Because without it and you put on say a plate armor the ratio you get will be very different from the ratio of wearing a robe etc.

I think to test it you’d want to wear a leather and stat your int/vita so the defense stays equal and then count hits taken in the game when no event is going on and inside a normal cata not a map and vs regular mobs only. I’d do say 1k hits taken. Watching the monsters attacks let’s you know if it’s a melee or caster attack as it shows the charm it uses when a caster attack is made. Then reroll and stat making say physical defense x amount more than magical and take the 1k hits etc. That would give you the ratio. After that it’s more about x amount of physical will help you take x amount of zero’s and other defensive properties.

So... in the simplist terms, just use character class that wears Leathers or scales... now, by your comments, it relates to what I stated earlier... it is irrelevant as it changes. Now, your changes are based on Armor type, you are also stating that the AI takes this into account and spawns based on this OR, utilises either melee or casting abilities based on the armor, dex and vitality the character is using at the time before spawning... thus there are no random components... YOU lie, YOU ass u me based on tid bits, without knowing the programming code to implement this theory.

BUT. I am not saying you are lying, you are just theory crafting based on little knowledge supposedly mentioned previously... counter your comments with definitive quotes you are stating facts from.
Gold: 1,470.74
Jun 20 2018 04:30am
What I posted Rex was what Paul has said and posted in the past when he introduced monster abilities. Some were posted in the portal some he said in game when questions were asked about it. It’s been common knowledge I thought since a lot of new players since then though. As well as what we’ve seen defensively change with tanks after it was added.

Slightly tweaked monster attack AI to choose attack types more intelligently - dec 29th 2011 add.

After that followed the unlocking of the monsters and the contests where we found out their attacks and he confirmed if we were removed that or not.

The number of monster abilities and what each monster can do he told us while playing together in game. We asked him in game what the AI change meant and he then revealed all of the above. Maybe he will see this thread and if it stays civil he could add it here.

But again what we don’t know is a number on how it was before and how much it is now. We did see instant impact in game though and it caused the shift in tank armors.

This post was edited by PowerTripped on Jun 20 2018 04:41am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll