d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends >
Poll > Does Riot Make Too Many Changes?
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 18 2018 03:21am
Do you think riot goes too far to keep changing the game?

IMO It's been in a good state far more often than it's been in a shit place (like now) yet Riot continue to balance niche champs that don't need to be touched, rework champs that only small percentage of players played because of the fact that they aren't played often (rip my old swain main) and keep introducing new champs far too often when their is plenty of choice as it is.

IMO slight item changes every so often to create new itemization for specific roles so builds can be more diverse and jungle changes to make switch up objective priorities would make the game more fun than completely overhauling champs and bringing a new champ every month.
Gold: 117.00
Jun 18 2018 04:26am
What Riot did was take Dota and bring it to a mass audience, which is ironic because in many ways League is actually a better proffessional game than dota, as well, which is why I play it. On the other hand perhaps they now feel they have to decide whether to appeal to the mass audience (Call of duty) or the competetive audience (which, by comparison, is about as big as dota 2 playerbase compared to league playerbase - not the smallest and not the biggest either) , and running headlong, they're more concerned with the former.

Being a support player I'm not competent on all the changes but introducing sightstone was also such a streamlining change, and now removing it altogether giving players wards off their gold item instead, that's where the streamlining is beginning to get excessive.

I remember there was a D1 player in season 6 who payed voli jungle with sightstone and entirely tank items, and evidentally thought that was the best build (sacrificing an item slot for SS), he had a guide on lolpro. So removing sightstone, for example, is more superflous than not.
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Jun 18 2018 04:49am
Changes are good, and force theoriecrafts

Often, they take alot of time to balance arround

Like Mushrooms

Total AP ratio reduced to (+ 50% AP) from (+ 80% AP)

Duration reduced to 5 minutes from 10
Cast range increased to 300 / 600 / 900 from 230

Per-charge cooldown reduced to 34 / 28 / 22 seconds from 35 / 31 / 27

Mana cost reduced to 75 at all ranks from 75 / 100 / 125
Per-charge cooldown reduced to 30 / 25 / 20 from 34 / 28 / 22

NEW EFFECT: Targetable hitbox increased to 125 units from 50.

thats 4years of balancing, excluding item changes and rune changes

making something OP, like the 80%AP ratio on 10min shrooms,
into something less OP, like 50%AP ratio and 5min shrooms,
to allow skills, and builds, to make it even more OP then it used to be, but you need some more effords to pull it off (arcane/luden ratio added, and range for battle shrooms, and 27sec>20sec cooldown)

same story for heimerdonk, even a bit harder skill is required
Gold: 76.69
Warn: 20%
Jun 18 2018 06:51am
On a lot of patches you can just look at some changes and know it is an overbuff or an overnerf that is going to be patch again 2 weeks later, this is something that is unacceptable.

I mean if the random reading your patch note knows who to permaban or which champion to spam just by reading you patch note, you've done it wrong.

I'd rather see 2x small buff on a champion on 2 different patches than seeing an overbuff and then a nerf.

This is what really grinds my gears

and plz stop nerfing champions at the same time you nerf the items the same champion is usually building.. That's a basic thing to check imo

This post was edited by DaJockaz on Jun 18 2018 06:52am
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 18 2018 07:12am
Quote (DaJockaz @ Jun 18 2018 10:51pm)
On a lot of patches you can just look at some changes and know it is an overbuff or an overnerf that is going to be patch again 2 weeks later, this is something that is unacceptable.

I mean if the random reading your patch note knows who to permaban or which champion to spam just by reading you patch note, you've done it wrong.

I'd rather see 2x small buff on a champion on 2 different patches than seeing an overbuff and then a nerf.

and plz stop nerfing champions at the same time you nerf the items the same champion is usually building.. That's a basic thing to check imo

Agreed

The fact that every new released champion is brought out as OP and if not hotfix buffed almost immediately to sell the champ is beyond stupid.. they should be released as balanced as possible and if they aren't required a buff (or nerf) in the next patch then that should be considered a great addition.

Or better yet, stop creating new champions. Theres plenty already.
Gold: 25.20
Jun 18 2018 04:37pm
I like the constant change because I like to be creative when I play.

The big issue is making sure you do the changes correctly.

Quote (DefinitelyNotKimmy @ Jun 18 2018 07:12am)
Agreed

The fact that every new released champion is brought out as OP and if not hotfix buffed almost immediately to sell the champ is beyond stupid.. they should be released as balanced as possible and if they aren't required a buff (or nerf) in the next patch then that should be considered a great addition.

Or better yet, stop creating new champions. Theres plenty already.

I'd be down if their current champion creation team just also did reworks instead for a while.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Jun 18 2018 04:39pm
Gold: 5.71
Jun 18 2018 09:01pm
Quote (DaJockaz @ Jun 18 2018 07:51am)

/thread

legit happened to too many champs to name.
Gold: 5,168.78
Jun 18 2018 09:19pm
game was fun until they reworked nidalee all those years ago
Gold: 22,393.07
Jun 18 2018 09:37pm
Quote (Konvicted08 @ Jun 18 2018 08:19pm)
game was fun until they reworked nidalee all those years ago

game has been shit ever since they changed elo system lol.
Gold: 0.69
Jun 18 2018 10:02pm
changes are what makes people play this game
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll