d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > On Moderation
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 97.00
Jun 15 2018 02:49pm
Perusing the Diablo II discussion section and its selected subforums one quickly notes the great amount of content sans (real) content, the immature bickering and the outright hostile and unproductive behaviour. This may be approached as something to be ameliorated, lest the youth spending their youth around Diablo II and d2jsp become horrific monsters and socially inept in real life, too. Improved forums moderation is absolutely essential. Now what is also clear is that d2jsp forums gold is valuable and sought-after. Ergo I suggest that more forums moderators are hired -- from the pool of the few posters reliable and trusted whoever they might be -- and paid in some amount of forums gold in return for keeping the forums clean, accessible and inviting. This internet community could be so much more if only it did not consist of so much unfiltered anger and petulance.

TL;DR: the forums are the fucking worst, people behave so bad its like they just turned sixteen and their mother had the audacity to demand they go get a summer job to pay their due and they come here venting and being assholes to each other for no apparent goddamn reason. So moderate that shit, please, and if you don't got the staff for that, hire some for fg.
Gold: 90.58
Jun 15 2018 03:21pm
I made a topic recently about the Bullying that's rampant in the D2 section here:

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78617936&f=34

Best is just report them and let the moderators sort them out. I know it's extremely tough, but it's our only option

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jun 15 2018 03:22pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 442.30
Trader: Trusted
Jun 15 2018 03:27pm
Seems as someone who has BARELY been active, you sure know a lot about this site.

My advice to you, gather links of topics that are being spammed and report to the appropriate moderator that the forum is led by:

Diablo 2 Discussion
Led by: Junior Moderator
Gold: 97.00
Jun 15 2018 03:53pm
Quote (Jangalang @ Jun 15 2018 11:27pm)
Seems as someone who has BARELY been active, you sure know a lot about this site.

My advice to you, gather links of topics that are being spammed and report to the appropriate moderator that the forum is led by:

Diablo 2 Discussion
Led by: Junior Moderator

I would certainly do this if it wasn't more than half of the active threads! Just simply peruse the main Diablo II discussion section and you'll see that, right now, the section is spammed with a multitude of posts asking the same question, namely 'when does the ladder reset'. In every single one of them you have, again, multiple people spouting random pseudosentences that mostly amount to nothing, or worse, they're plain hostile. I simply do not think that you can expect people to start reporting the low quality posts when this is the absolute norm. Any change will have to come from the moderation team. That is, if there is any motivation for making a change. I'm quite sure if the forums weren't such a mess you'd have a ton of productive, well intentioned people who'd like to create real content and discussion on the site. As of right now having constructive discussion seems nigh impossible -- that is why I, too, have a low post count; I see no reason to take part in the shitfest. But, it could be so much more than a shitfest.

This post was edited by kjh on Jun 15 2018 03:55pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll