d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Steam Sides With Consumer Choice > And Against Regressive Left
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jun 15 2018 09:59pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 16 Jun 2018 03:54)
Says the gay who hates god. You probably clap every time you see somebody disrespect the bible in public because Satan infused your soul with evil anal energy.

:lol:

My fiancé won't be happy to hear I'm gay.
Gold: 13.95
Jun 15 2018 10:18pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 15 2018 11:58pm)
Keep in mind this is all coming from a guy whose country banned the witcher 2 because of a sex scene with Triss. HBO rated at that, not even explicit.
They actually went and altered the game and forced you to decline her offer just to get it released later.
The violence was fine(severed limbs, blood and corpses everywhere), it was the sex scene where they drew the line.

They also banned fallout 3, not because of the violence but because of "drug use" and changed the name of morphine to med-x.
Because it depicted your character jabbing yourself in the arm with a futuristic injector, they banned it.
But being able to shoot limbs off someone, see eyeballs and viscera flying? yeah that was a-okay.

Consistency, not even once.

Afaik the whole drugs and sex thing is allowed in games unless it is part of incentives and/or rewards. So drugs in Fallout are seen as incenrives because they have a positive gameplay effect. Sex scenes from the witcher are may be unlocked by doing a quest and are portrayed as a reward.
Which would make every single H-Visual Novels pretty much illegal but I guess they don't have the desire or manpower to enforce it across the board.

Visual Novels also fail the test because you can't portray sexual content with characters that are or appear to be underaged. Considering 99.99999% are set in High School...

The violence aspect would mean banning a lot of games, I can see why it's not enforced with much frequency.

This post was edited by Helloween7 on Jun 15 2018 10:24pm
Gold: 1.93
Jun 15 2018 10:23pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 16 2018 02:58pm)
Keep in mind this is all coming from a guy whose country banned the witcher 2 because of a sex scene with Triss. HBO rated at that, not even explicit.
They actually went and altered the game and forced you to decline her offer just to get it released later.
The violence was fine(severed limbs, blood and corpses everywhere), it was the sex scene where they drew the line.

They also banned fallout 3, not because of the violence but because of "drug use" and changed the name of morphine to med-x.
Because it depicted your character jabbing yourself in the arm with a futuristic injector, they banned it.
But being able to shoot limbs off someone, see eyeballs and viscera flying? yeah that was a-okay.

That is the tip of the iceberg, australian censorship is on a whole different level.
For a mens magazine to be under an x rating you have to photoshop the girls privates to no longer have any resemblance of a woman.
We made them ruin soldier of fortune 2 because of violence though.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 16 2018 01:26am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Jun 15 2018 09:58pm)

I dont want to live in a country without Hunie Pop
Gold: 4,673.69
Jun 16 2018 03:44am
Quote (Scaly @ 16 Jun 2018 05:59)
:lol:

My fiancé won't be happy to hear I'm gay.

Don't hide it further! :o XD :rofl: :D
Gold: Locked
Jun 18 2018 10:36am
Quote (Scaly @ Jun 14 2018 08:37pm)
Clearly not in who you hang out with or you'd be able to find people who aren't spoilt brats or total plebs.

At least in England I've found that to be the case. Perhaps America is just so saturated with idiots it's impossible to get away from them. You tell me - you live there.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789
Add Reply New Topic New Poll