d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Active Transmuters Please Vote > Re: Mutable Suggestion
Prev167891015Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 134.69
Jun 18 2018 01:57pm
Quote (LabattBlue @ Jun 18 2018 02:30pm)
You mean you don't want to use life regen gear or the shrine? That really is not a good argument that you only skill based on your time available, or maybe I'm interpreting you wrong

Its not an argument, the skiller I use while climbing is lvl7, the one that sits around town was a struggle to 4. I was simply saying my time spent on muting will drop about that much. No I can't use regent gear or my gear dissappeaers. Shrining is nice but I obviously already do that.
Gold: 139.17
Warn: 30%
Jun 18 2018 07:06pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 18 2018 03:13pm)
I voted yes but now that I'm actually muting again I don't want instant reroll. Most of the time I mute while regen so instamute will make me need a new skill on my climber

tier I, II, III,IV,V and VI drop literally all the time. You can get 50-100 of them per climb. There's no need to have to mute 75 items and then remute 75 essences thus being 150 transmute. If you're worried about getting more experience just find more low level transmutables. THEY DROP ALL THE TIME.
Jun 18 2018 07:29pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Jun 18 2018 08:06pm)
tier I, II, III,IV,V and VI drop literally all the time. You can get 50-100 of them per climb. There's no need to have to mute 75 items and then remute 75 essences thus being 150 transmute. If you're worried about getting more experience just find more low level transmutables. THEY DROP ALL THE TIME.

Where do i say experience? Where do I say i need more items? Phone ls is an entirely different ballgame. There is 0% chance of anyone finishing a cata if they can't regen in under 1 min. If you are inactive for any time on phone you d/c. I literally just lost my mq axe trying to screw around with regen gear. The only way I know to keep that cata active is a skill. If muting becomes instant, that isn't a thing I can do now.

E: as well as maps, glyphs, half dead EPs, ect.

Ee: to clarify - I could care less about anything but the instant part

This post was edited by dude_927 on Jun 18 2018 07:35pm
Gold: 5,088.56
Jun 18 2018 09:13pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 18 2018 09:29pm)
Where do i say experience? Where do I say i need more items? Phone ls is an entirely different ballgame. There is 0% chance of anyone finishing a cata if they can't regen in under 1 min. If you are inactive for any time on phone you d/c. I literally just lost my mq axe trying to screw around with regen gear. The only way I know to keep that cata active is a skill. If muting becomes instant, that isn't a thing I can do now.

E: as well as maps, glyphs, half dead EPs, ect.

Ee: to clarify - I could care less about anything but the instant part

Ah I think I get it. Well, only rerolling will be instant, so you could just save one back up tier 1 mutable in your inventory and when you run out of items to mute, just stabilize it until you’re done regenning. If you only stabilize and never gain a tick of transmuting done, you won’t even lose this item, so you can use the same item every time.
Jun 18 2018 10:18pm
Quote (BWConformity @ Jun 18 2018 10:13pm)
Ah I think I get it. Well, only rerolling will be instant, so you could just save one back up tier 1 mutable in your inventory and when you run out of items to mute, just stabilize it until you’re done regenning. If you only stabilize and never gain a tick of transmuting done, you won’t even lose this item, so you can use the same item every time.

I didn't know about this trick, ty I'll use it if the switch happens but I'd rather just roll a t3 for prof evertime I run out of shrines

(I won't roll items at all otherwise, I literally only roll on regen, most of my prof is from breaking items for ESS to suff with, dunno if that matters all that much but its worth considering)
Gold: 8,891.73
Jun 19 2018 08:41pm
Since Paul is thinking of making Transmute (create item), thus increasing the time to gain proficiency, how about transmuting maps (like how you can stack glyphs on a character)

Same rules would apply:

1. Same tier level
2. Same type (Forest, Arctic etc)
3. Can NOT have the same traits (Enhanced Effect, +X Evil Presence etc)
4. Same number of maps (3 of each / 4 of each etc)

Basically you will be merging these maps together. So, if there are 4 of each maps, and the transmute is successful, you will have 4 maps in total with all traits combined). Maybe multiply amount of prof gained by number of the maps.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 10%
Jun 20 2018 01:37am
i send paul an message but no answer :(
hope this update will come
Gold: 10,176.60
Jun 20 2018 10:17pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Jun 14 2018 07:05pm)
I would imagine he is probably against the idea because paul has already posted that the change would remove prof gain from rerolling items which would cause the skill to go SLOWER not faster. Id imagine that the appeal of people buying his ess is alot less considering the last few levels are going to take twice as long to complete. He is only doing lvl 40 items as his minimum right now. Items definitely get posted for him relatively often but he has to compete with silence to grab them before they do. I know most of the HC players will collect mutes for them since its basically the only income this game offers.

exactly this

Warn: 10%
Jun 20 2018 11:38pm
but it could be a nice chance for beginners to get nice items on higher level :(
and would be awesome to reroll with one click
hope this update will come
Jun 21 2018 12:04am
Quote (HylianHero @ 18 Jun 2018 17:19)
It has been requested that if you have voted no, please state your actual reason as to WHY you are not desiring this change. There could be a solution for a happy medium if Paul were to understand reasons against such a change. Please let us know your reasons and a viable solution to make everyone happy as I believe this change is desperately needed.

So everyone is waiting. I voted yes aswelll as its a nice change to the game.
But I guess the main problem is how to compensate the other skills, if you make muting even more "OP".
Muting is already great - as you can make great items at every level.

This would be a very big change and nobody is thinking about how to compensate the other skills.
So Paul has to review the whole game and find the balance by himself... ofc it will take a lot of time until a reply.
Instead of a single idea, this post should contain the balancing aswell

For example: suffing fish is already absolutely useless(dont know about the other type of suffing).
If I fish, I can catch 50 good ones in a short period of time.

To suff them
-I need to get 50 items that maches their level - very hard
-I need to mute the items
-I have to suff the fish
So for this, it will probably take more then 1 day - and the results is the 10-15% better stack then the original.

So why bother with this when you can get 2 stacks of fish in much much less time (so 100% more of original stack)

And after this change, to use the essence on fish? no way

This is just one example.

How about glyph? who needs it right now and how to make it popular?

Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev167891015Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll