d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Active Transmuters Please Vote > Re: Mutable Suggestion
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 50,071.81
Jun 14 2018 12:11pm
Lvl 16 muting

I vote Hell No!!
Gold: 0.90
Jun 14 2018 12:42pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 14 2018 10:42am)
I meant essence, my phone caps ESS on its own. I like the dual split stat for items and whatever the ESS holder is called though. It would make muling more interesting.

Don’t worry I understood what you posted.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 357,948.13
Trader: Mediator
Jun 14 2018 12:55pm
I voted 3rd option. I think it would be great to get this implemented. I do like how 5 people voted no but only 1 reason to why they don't want it. The troll is real
Gold: 6.91
Jun 14 2018 12:58pm
Quote (dude_927 @ Jun 14 2018 09:35am)
Can I ask a weird question, does anyone plan to buy ESS if this change happens? A lot of people planning on selling but I haven't seen anyone say they want are planning to mass buy.

I would buy them! I never got to use the old muting system but would love to gamble. Yes, hc has a low player base and I doubt it will ever recover, but this gives a small sliver of hope. Why not????
Gold: 248,607.40
Jun 14 2018 01:05pm
Quote (Bob888 @ 14 Jun 2018 11:20)
You`re alone in your guild so you`re not getting many items to mute and you`re playing hc which has almost no one posting up mutables. It makes sense why you would say no. Once you hit lvl 55s you might change your mind. The whole point of muting is to get upgrades and make fg. If you can do that faster, why not? Just the potential of doing it faster would bring people back just as the sellable wellables has.

I would imagine he is probably against the idea because paul has already posted that the change would remove prof gain from rerolling items which would cause the skill to go SLOWER not faster. Id imagine that the appeal of people buying his ess is alot less considering the last few levels are going to take twice as long to complete. He is only doing lvl 40 items as his minimum right now. Items definitely get posted for him relatively often but he has to compete with silence to grab them before they do. I know most of the HC players will collect mutes for them since its basically the only income this game offers.
Gold: 67.00
Jun 14 2018 01:12pm
Quote (Cheeya @ Jun 14 2018 02:05pm)
I would imagine he is probably against the idea because paul has already posted that the change would remove prof gain from rerolling items which would cause the skill to go SLOWER not faster. Id imagine that the appeal of people buying his ess is alot less considering the last few levels are going to take twice as long to complete. He is only doing lvl 40 items as his minimum right now. Items definitely get posted for him relatively often but he has to compete with silence to grab them before they do. I know most of the HC players will collect mutes for them since its basically the only income this game offers.

The speed of prof gain shouldn’t be affected. The only thing being you would need a large supply of mutes. But this should also not be a problem essences of the eight tiers will sell just fine for a premium well above what an item will cost. Being able to sustain the costs as a muted will also be just fine.

Some people will certainly return and thus will create a stimulus to the market as well as more folks finding and posting items on no.
Jun 14 2018 01:13pm
Quote (NeverDies @ Jun 14 2018 07:31am)
i will sell all my 55 essences for 20-30 fg each
and i will do a service and mute the 55's to make essences for them for 10 fg each item or so
we will see wether the essences will be sold for that value or not
perhaps my prices are too high

Way too low.

Quote (Moojilsuh @ Jun 14 2018 02:55pm)
I voted 3rd option. I think it would be great to get this implemented. I do like how 5 people voted no but only 1 reason to why they don't want it. The troll is real

Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours doesn’t mean they’re trolling. -_- Personally I think this is a terrible idea but I bet Paul loves this idea for one reason only: it will sink a lot of fg and thus bring in a lot more $$$$$ for him. He cares for nothing but $$$! He doesn’t care about us players.

This post was edited by pwb3 on Jun 14 2018 01:14pm
Gold: 67.00
Jun 14 2018 01:15pm
Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ Jun 14 2018 02:12pm)
The speed of prof gain shouldn’t be affected. The only thing being you would need a large supply of mutes. But this should also not be a problem essences of the eight tiers will sell just fine for a premium well above what an item will cost. Being able to sustain the costs as a muted will also be just fine.

Some people will certainly return and thus will create a stimulus to the market as well as more folks finding and posting items on no.

I know I have been gone a while and may only have but so much input sure. But most of the problems with economy and items will slowly go away with enough of an increase in player base. It’s more so what changes need to happen to cause that player draw. This will be a huge step in that direction and will help to fix an 8+ year old problem.

An increase in item quality ( read modifier quality) needs to be implemented to for welling and muting across the board. White items being sellable should be much more effect at providing players with a farmable currency
Blah blah bleh <3

Quote (pwb3 @ Jun 14 2018 02:13pm)
Way too low.

Just because someone has an opinion that differs from yours doesn’t mean they’re trolling. -_- Personally I think this is a terrible idea but I bet Paul loves this idea for one reason only: it will sink a lot of fg and thus bring in a lot more $$$$$ for him. He cares for nothing but $$$! He doesn’t care about us players.

Paul caring about money is pretty much one of the main reasons to open or stay in business. I do not wish Ill finances but it certainly helps for him to neeed folks to spend more $$$. I miss the old days watching folks hit up star upgrades because their were in a bidding war over ls items. But this won’t happen again without more players.

With the current drop rate ( read muting luck ) on rerolling I don’t think his pricing sounds crazy but there will most certainly be a market demand that drives the price for Essences. But he is 100% correct in the fact that with existing “luck” will certainly keep the prices low.

This post was edited by GunslingerOfOld on Jun 14 2018 01:19pm
Jun 14 2018 02:06pm
Quote (GunslingerOfOld @ Jun 14 2018 03:15pm)
Paul caring about money is pretty much one of the main reasons to open or stay in business. I do not wish Ill finances but it certainly helps for him to neeed folks to spend more $$$. I miss the old days watching folks hit up star upgrades because their were in a bidding war over ls items. But this won’t happen again without more players.

With the current drop rate ( read muting luck ) on rerolling I don’t think his pricing sounds crazy but there will most certainly be a market demand that drives the price for Essences. But he is 100% correct in the fact that with existing “luck” will certainly keep the prices low.

I strongly disagree here. I think that greed is what destroys... everything. Not just games. Relationships as well.

I mean, it's very cliche now to see a young couple fall in love and get married and then, a couple decades later, they've become so successful with their careers that they have a lot of money. Then somehow the money became more important than their love for each other, and they get divorced. This scenario is so common. Money destroyed their relationship.

And then games... in the late 90's, Blizzard was a very small company struggling to grow. At the birth of their company, the employees had to be (and they were) very creative and dream big. They worked very hard. They created Warcraft (1996), Diablo (1996), and Starcraft (1998). All of them were huge hits. And then they created Diablo 2. AMAZING GAME!! But guess what? Due to the huge success of these games, Blizzard became a titan company and thus they became less creative because of money (imo). They don't work so hard anymore at being creative, inventive, original. They just milk out games using their logo as a selling point. Blizzard has gone to shit. Diablo 3? What the FUCK was that game? Just.. what the fuck?

And now back to Ladder Slasher. When LS was first launched, it was AWESOME! It was hard, yes, but a lot of fun and awesome. I loved how simple that game was. There were a lot of things about that game that all players loved: Well in town, "free" Transmuting, Chain Kills, the Arena, and Soloing. But then Paul took all these away and killed the drop rate and other things such as Life steal, heal mastery, etc. Why? WHY? The players loved all of these! LS used to have hundreds of players. Now it struggles to get 20 players. Sometimes 30. Never 40 or more. Because $$$. But clearly that just pissed players off. If you want more money, don't make it the focus of the game. Make the game itself the main focus, and players will like it and come. $$$ will come naturally.

I can see that Paul's heart is not in this game anymore. It's sad because LS used to be great. I really like simple games but now LS has become too complex and more like a chore than a simple slash game.
Gold: 2.85
Jun 14 2018 02:12pm
I voted yes!
I'm about to hit prof 5, and very new to the game, but I think this is a great idea Brad.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345615Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll