d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Looking For Ideas Regarding My Game. > New Features.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 593,798.89
Jun 13 2018 07:07am
(Note this isnt a blatant advertise of my game, I dont expect you to download the game and play etc, instead you can watch the video game play link to get an idea of the feel of the game. )

I have a game currently which I released on the IOS platform called Lava Temple.

This is my second complete game, its a simple game but I learnt a lot in the process of making this game start to finish.

I want to put a layer on top of this game and make it more fun/complicated so Im looking for some suggestions (i.e powerups and such).

This is also in an attempt to level up my skills and make a slightly bigger game then it currently is.

At the moment, the game is simply about jumping from one platform to the other and its about timing your jumps properly. Its a one touch/tap mechanic game.

As you progress further, the platforms random spawn distance range increases, so youre likely to get bigger jumps as you progress.

Skip to 13.23 for the game play of this game. Feel free to speed up the video play since I talk too much.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lava-temple/id1329474553?ls=1&mt=8

This post was edited by mandarkkk on Jun 13 2018 07:10am
Gold: 0.19
Jun 13 2018 02:01pm
looks fun man. would be cool if maybe there were some fireballs comming up from the lava that would kill u if u dont time the jump right.
Jun 13 2018 06:51pm
Quote (slushslush @ Jun 14 2018 01:01am)
looks fun man. would be cool if maybe there were some fireballs comming up from the lava that would kill u if u dont time the jump right.

oo, didnt think of that one! Interesting, so when the person lands occasionally theres fireballs jumping up from the lava but they are at a predefined pattern so the user can look at it and adjust and then make the jump!
Gold: 1.00
Jun 13 2018 08:07pm
For the first some runs you could give a tip where is the "safe zone" on the bar, after some runs should be fine.
On higher levels you can make the "platforms" shake and fall to lava after some time, so it adds a bit of "action" :D
Fireballs shooting from walls or from lava are fine too, however id prefer make it aka "lava geyser", since fireballs may be not so easy to notice on mobile.
Obviously adding some "perks" will be nice too, collectible after every platforms each 1 use, ie. "Safe Cloud" (get back on platform when u die), "Lava Boots" (ability to run on lava for "x" seconds/platforms), "Lava Coat" (protects from 1 lava geyser), etc. etc.

Aint sure if i got any more ideas, have fun with your game ;)

Jun 14 2018 02:24am
Quote (Ashcan @ Jun 14 2018 07:07am)
For the first some runs you could give a tip where is the "safe zone" on the bar, after some runs should be fine.
On higher levels you can make the "platforms" shake and fall to lava after some time, so it adds a bit of "action" :D
Fireballs shooting from walls or from lava are fine too, however id prefer make it aka "lava geyser", since fireballs may be not so easy to notice on mobile.
Obviously adding some "perks" will be nice too, collectible after every platforms each 1 use, ie. "Safe Cloud" (get back on platform when u die), "Lava Boots" (ability to run on lava for "x" seconds/platforms), "Lava Coat" (protects from 1 lava geyser), etc. etc.

Aint sure if i got any more ideas, have fun with your game ;)

Those are some really good suggestions! I love the way you suggested some of those! Thanks!

Ill definitely give these some more though!
Jun 21 2018 06:48pm
Feel free to shoot more ideas my way guys! Meanwhile Im finishing up another game after which I will return to this one.
Gold: 2,211.60
Jun 22 2018 06:58am
Ability to do sprint jumps to wall runs on the side? oncoming objects maybe makes one have to do wall runs...Or something like that..

This post was edited by TidsL on Jun 22 2018 06:59am
Go Back To Other Games Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll