d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Need Advice > Weight + Exorcise
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 87,689.76
Jun 12 2018 01:21pm
used to be fit enough that I was content, but then everything changed... to make quick summary, got chest cancer that pinched/blocked major blood vessels, did 3 months chemo lost 20+lbs and did nothing but stay in bed. regained wt in 1month as fat, then had open chest surgery. post surgery, still have fat wt and no muscle tone, can't lift anything heavier than 1/2 milk gallon, use trunk muscles (sit ups/crunches, etc.), jostle my chest (no running, ellipticals, bikes, etc.), and cant drive for 2 months (so cant drive to hiking trails/hills/gyms). docs still telling me to eat extra couple hundred calories to provide body extra energy to heal but its just adding fat now. Have 2-3wks before i start 3-5wks of radiation (will probably drain my energy and might make eating challenging). any ideas/tips on how I should manage my calories (eat more to provide body extra energy to heal, eat less, or stay the same) and ways I might be able to exorcise without splitting my chest would be appreciated. Male, 5'10" ~155lbs eating around 2k calories and walking 1-3miles a day.

This post was edited by phatshadow on Jun 12 2018 01:22pm
Gold: 0.00
Jun 12 2018 01:24pm
Your doc is right.

Eat. Eat a fuckton. Your body needs it. Dont worry about the fat now. Youll have plenty of time to take care of it later.

Also... youre only 155lbs at 5'10. Nothing to worry about.

This post was edited by devilslayer on Jun 12 2018 01:25pm
Gold: 2,118.35
Jun 13 2018 02:50am
It's not all fat. But the fat you do gain is just stored energy. Think of it like that. Sounds like you'll need it.

As for exercises.. can you walk? You need to change the way you think about exercising too. If all you can lift is 1kg then stick to that, or do less and try to build up reps until you can do 10+, 20+ etc.
Walk around, basically just do things that hit your muscles without adding stress/pain. Just start simple.. find ways to perform flexion/extension of the knees, hips, elbows etc. Whether it's curling a carton of milk or whatever.
Gold: 40.01
Jun 13 2018 02:59am
Hey man no real comment but good luck and Godspeed on healing and I hope the radiation goes well!

I just dealt with my mom having cancer as well. Definitely eat extra food like the doctor said, hopefully high protein/calorie! Maybe try cleaning the diet up right now so that way when you can train like you’re used to, one of the hardest aspects of getting I shape is taken care of! I just ate two family size packs of Oreos. Don’t be like me.
Gold: Locked
Jun 13 2018 03:05am
I really hope you get better. Eat a lot and should not worry about your physique and more so your health! Despite putting on a few pounds itll be really helpful for your body's recovery to have sufficient nutrients! Youll have all the time in the world after you feel better to get back to how you were :)

Stay strong and hope all goes well.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 13 2018 06:23am
Listen to your doctor. You need a rehab plan...the mission here shouldn't be get lean or die trying.

Side: another example of the addict mind ITT alive and well...you just got out of the hospital my friend, you have cancer and so on lol! Fuck me, focus on your recovery and rehabilitation in an extremely gentle setting!!!! Worry about fat loss once you are in a reasonable state to even be worrying about it.

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jun 13 2018 06:26am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll