d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Resident Evil 2
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 13 2018 11:27am
Quote (zNick @ Jun 13 2018 07:56am)
How tf you gonna list super shitty releases and not re3: nemesis.

Re2>re3>re1>re4 rest are sub par at best.

Because I don't remember much of it. All of the other ones I played at least as a teenager, and all of them but RE2 I have replayed again since being in my 20s.I haven't played R3 since I was 10 or 11, and I just don't remember shit about it other than Nemesis lol.

Every single one I listed is/was an amazing game. 6 being the worst of the bunch, but it was still enjoyable. I left off all the garbage titles, and I still don't understand why people care about them.

Veronica
Outbreak 1 & 2
Operation Racoon City
Dead Aim
RE 0
Revelations 1 & 2
Umbrella Chronicles
Survivor

Those are the bad RE games.

RE > RE2 > RE4 > RE7 > RE5 > RE6 from the ones I actually remember, but I'm going to guess 3 comes in before 4 and after 3. Nothing is ever going to beat the first one for me, too much nostalgia and love for that game. I've played it sooooo many fucking times and I love it. Not sure why/how 7 gets so much hate... it's the first RE since 3 that actually felt creepy like an RE game. 4/5/6 were fun, but all of them were more shoot-em-up style vs survival horror. RE7 found a good way to mix those components by laying it on thick with the horror aspect, jump scares, creepy as fuck old man running around trying to murder you and everything in the early game, and then when you're stocked on weapons, having it turn into more of a shoot all the things like 4/5/6 type. It's the only one that's successfully blended both elements and the only real complaints I've heard are people complaining about it not having anything to do with the lore, which I just don't think should matter. It's the 20th or w/e RE game, we've had enough fucking lore lol, just enjoy it for being a well done horror game with the RE name.
Gold: 5,102.68
Jun 13 2018 06:06pm
Quote (zNick @ Jun 13 2018 06:56am)

was bout to have a shit storm if no one mention'd 3

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 13 2018 09:27am)
Because I don't remember much of it. All of the other ones I played at least as a teenager, and all of them but RE2 I have replayed again since being in my 20s.I haven't played R3 since I was 10 or 11, and I just don't remember shit about it other than Nemesis lol.

Every single one I listed is/was an amazing game. 6 being the worst of the bunch, but it was still enjoyable. I left off all the garbage titles, and I still don't understand why people care about them.

Veronica
Outbreak 1 & 2
Operation Racoon City
Dead Aim
RE 0
Revelations 1 & 2
Umbrella Chronicles
Survivor

Those are the bad RE games.

RE > RE2 > RE4 > RE7 > RE5 > RE6 from the ones I actually remember, but I'm going to guess 3 comes in before 4 and after 3. Nothing is ever going to beat the first one for me, too much nostalgia and love for that game. I've played it sooooo many fucking times and I love it. Not sure why/how 7 gets so much hate... it's the first RE since 3 that actually felt creepy like an RE game. 4/5/6 were fun, but all of them were more shoot-em-up style vs survival horror. RE7 found a good way to mix those components by laying it on thick with the horror aspect, jump scares, creepy as fuck old man running around trying to murder you and everything in the early game, and then when you're stocked on weapons, having it turn into more of a shoot all the things like 4/5/6 type. It's the only one that's successfully blended both elements and the only real complaints I've heard are people complaining about it not having anything to do with the lore, which I just don't think should matter. It's the 20th or w/e RE game, we've had enough fucking lore lol, just enjoy it for being a well done horror game with the RE name.

you needa play Nemesis fam
it was probably my favorite, the whole idea of not knowing when he pops up and like having a boss just hunt you down
shit was intense i remember if i fucked up i would have 2 slots saved so i can have a better out come n what not :P
for me RE3>RE>RE2>RE4>
rest are gabage
didnt play re7 been too busy

Gold: 6.00
Jun 13 2018 09:57pm
Quote (zero_yomama @ Jun 13 2018 08:06pm)
was bout to have a shit storm if no one mention'd 3

you needa play Nemesis fam
it was probably my favorite, the whole idea of not knowing when he pops up and like having a boss just hunt you down
shit was intense i remember if i fucked up i would have 2 slots saved so i can have a better out come n what not :P
for me RE3>RE>RE2>RE4>
rest are gabage
didnt play re7 been too busy

Yep. Totally agree... I prolly played re3 the most
Gold: 15.00
Jun 14 2018 05:06am
Quote (zNick @ 13 Jun 2018 15:56)

nemesis was awesome. Loved that merc mode

for me its

2>1>3>4>

2 was so fucking good omg... love that 4 scenarios to play through... and the remake now looks sick as fuck. Real survivor horror, and not a shooter like re4

Resident Evil Zero was surprisingly good also, imo

This post was edited by schnoig2 on Jun 14 2018 05:10am
Gold: 32,161.71
Jun 14 2018 09:05am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 13 2018 07:54am)
I don't care about the lore though. It was an entertaining game that played like an RE game, even if it was off in it's own world. I honestly though the last parts of it (the only parts that connected to RE), were actually the worst parts of the game. It was just highly entertaining and fairly difficult on madhouse. I had an absolute blast with it, and like all RE games, after a play through you could speedrun it, which is something I love doing.

Ya that's fine if you played it like a survival horror game, that is how it was supposed to have been played.

it just wasn't a resident evil game. though the ending of the game was the only connection with RE, I agree with you it was the part I cared for the least, overall further enforcing that it wasn't a RE game. the only connection was forced and worsened the story, imo.

we can agree to disagree, but it shouldn't have been called RE7 as the RE series usually is true to lore and expands a significant degree on it, regardless of how shit the game might be. This game shoulda been called RE (insert something other than 7).

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Jun 28 2018 08:25am
alt 4 >n!@> !#$< !># leon suicide no regicide.

B)
Jun 28 2018 05:21pm
played the shit out of it :)
Jun 29 2018 04:27pm
I wanted to pre-order on the e3 sale at walmart but it wasnt part of it
Guess Ill wait a few weeks till it gets a price drop
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll