d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > What Happens When We Die?
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 364.69
Warn: 30%
Jun 6 2018 12:43pm
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 6 2018 01:57am)
While I have no opinion on my question for sake of validity I am inclined to agree however I am somewhat put out at the idea of ceasing to exist consciously in what is suggested with scientific biological evidence

It's truly a mind blowing thought to imagine I was nothing for 14 billion years then of perfect mathematical chance I came into being and have 5 sensory detectors that combine into a mind that types this very message

Makes me wonder what other anomalies have 'existed' and what it really means to exist.. the chicken or the egg kinda thing

Whether or not there is a creator becomes irrelevant because both plausibilities break down when rationally analyzed

Stopped reading at 5 sensory detectors.
Gold: 3.37
Jun 7 2018 08:16am
You stay dead till the univer resets, and then eventually live again, till you die, rinse repeat, infinity.
Gold: 2.66
Jun 7 2018 08:48am
Quote (Ep0ch @ Jun 7 2018 10:16am)
You stay dead till the univer resets, and then eventually live again, till you die, rinse repeat, infinity.

thats a fucked up loop.
Jun 7 2018 11:07am
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jun 7 2018 09:48am)
thats a fucked up loop.

Well, if energy and information cannot be destroyed only transferred from one state to another, and for every action or force there is an equal and opposite effect, following that logic one can infer the universe is on a very specific infinite loop, of expansion/cooling and contraction/warming.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jun 7 2018 11:24am
Jun 7 2018 12:00pm
Quote (Ep0ch @ Jun 7 2018 01:07pm)
Well, if energy and information cannot be destroyed only transferred from one state to another, and for every action or force there is an equal and opposite effect, following that logic one can infer the universe is on a very specific infinite loop, of expansion/cooling and contraction/warming.

that is one big IF.

And because we are uncertain, that is theory. We need full understanding of the universe in order to know whether it is finite or not. I think that is why scientists obsess over black holes.

Personally, I want it to end. Perpetual existence seems worse than death.

I wish i could add more to the discussion. But due to my limited knowledge and experience, I cannot.
Jun 7 2018 01:58pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Jun 7 2018 01:00pm)
that is one big IF.

And because we are uncertain, that is theory. We need full understanding of the universe in order to know whether it is finite or not. I think that is why scientists obsess over black holes.

I wish i could add more to the discussion. But due to my limited knowledge and experience, I cannot.

IF it is true, the universe sure does sound an awe full lot like some super shitty level of hell...

If this isnt a lake of fire I don't know what is... (its the universe, well a small % of a given area of it anyway)

This post was edited by Ep0ch on Jun 7 2018 01:59pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 7 2018 03:06pm
when you die the the perception of time disapears...
Gold: Locked
Warn: 80%
Jun 7 2018 10:31pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ 7 Jun 2018 12:00)
that is one big IF.

Even if of a black hole could be understood and even applied there is no 100% validity that could presented to show that that level of knowledge is indeed the top

For example we understand gravity and of course apply it but there is no answer to what 'force' keeps constants constant such as gravitation, how can we analyze such parameters if they by definition go beyond empirical methods of measure
Jun 8 2018 12:49am
Quote (death_knight @ Jun 8 2018 12:31am)
Even if of a black hole could be understood and even applied there is no 100% validity that could presented to show that that level of knowledge is indeed the top

For example we understand gravity and of course apply it but there is no answer to what 'force' keeps constants constant such as gravitation, how can we analyze such parameters if they by definition go beyond empirical methods of measure

you are probably right. However, it would be big leap forward.

methods of measure can change. we can't analyze these forces without the right tools. It's pretty much being stuck in limbo.

Who knows if the forces that govern the universe change themselves. I doubt the universe stays the same forever. If the physics of our universe change, it could mean the end of us. I think Michio Kaku elaborated on that concept. It's hard to argue that.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 8 2018 05:03am
I think you have a speedy short lasting dream if you even remember it then it's nothing but a big giant blank your dead what the hell you expect you definitely ain't gonna see no heaven or hell that's just a bullshit belief to better your self and hey it works but it's still bullshit srry
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123411Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll