d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Never Truly Played Wow > Would An Actual Noob Have Fun?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 700.00
Jun 11 2018 04:56pm
Quote (Conical @ Jun 1 2018 10:31pm)
Do yourself a favor and look up for WoW vanilla priv servers for a first play through.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
Gold: 770.00
Jun 14 2018 05:16pm
I started playing couple of months ago and love it, first time to 110 is great!
Tried it 2 times before and I really couldn't get into the levelling system they had + just had no interest. But whatever they did with the huge overhaul to levelling made it much more enjoyable and once you get to endgame there's still SOOOOOOO much to do
Gold: 455.51
Jun 15 2018 11:34am
Quote (LiTbong @ 15 Jun 2018 01:16)
I started playing couple of months ago and love it, first time to 110 is great!
Tried it 2 times before and I really couldn't get into the levelling system they had + just had no interest. But whatever they did with the huge overhaul to levelling made it much more enjoyable and once you get to endgame there's still SOOOOOOO much to do

Reaching maxlevel is just the beginning :lol:
Gold: 13,346.00
Jun 16 2018 01:41pm
hey man I actually finally gave in and started palying less than a month ago.

The game is great if you like to only play 1 game, as in there is a lot to do in the game as you go on and very grindy aspect to things such as getting dragon mounts and stuff..

I recommend this to you if you like lore because some of it is pretty powerful no holds bar engagement with characters.. some.... The game itself is pretty pg visually but the wow - world is insanely unforgiving and brutal. which is awesome for the storyline..

If you rly want a tl;dr for WOW its like this:

PVE - RPG game where u farm quests alone and dungeons with people to get better items , those better items used to kill stronger dungeons and complete harder quests... YAY!

PVP - RPG game where u farm quests and dungeons with people to get good items,then you get bored of pve, those good items you obtained you use to kill people in a structured pvp setting, or in some realms u can literally kill anyone on other faction, so if ur bored u can find low lvls and camp them or mirk random people as you go along, then you get bored of pvp, so you farm quests n dungeons to get better items for better pvp, repeat

note you can pvp in both pve and pvp realms.

both of which super fun if you are kind of person that wants to stick to 1 game, as opposed to 40 repeat games of league or hearthstone or most games nowadays.

its better than skyrim. yes skyrim has way better graphics, but the stroyline is insanely more coherent in wow and in depth, and the game is a lot smoother... you just cant pick up plates...

also its 2018 so any video game nowadays has built in mechanics for noobs to make it enjoyable... unless you are palying koreans minigames or darksouls franchise

This post was edited by Crunktd on Jun 16 2018 01:48pm
Gold: 0.10
Jun 26 2018 08:07am
Dont play vanilla if you never played vanilla you will think its trash

just play retail its alright untill you have nothing to do and just log for raids

This post was edited by Joyse on Jun 26 2018 08:07am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 26 2018 01:01pm
Quote (Joyse @ Jun 26 2018 08:07am)
Dont play vanilla if you never played vanilla you will think its trash

just play retail its alright untill you have nothing to do and just log for raids

I disagree. Most games that I've tried out have catered to the casual player versus someone that wants to find something to sink lots of time into. The best way to describe vanilla WoW (original base game) is grinding and time sink. I just started playing WoW again and I'm having a blast. However, I play with a group of people that I played D2 HCL with for years. They're a legit community that prides themselves on being respectable players. If you go into WoW without trying to seek out a community I don't think you're going to have a great time. It's a fun game but it's huge. Even so it gets rather lonely. Do yourself a favor and find others. Google WoW guilds and find one that suits you.
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll