d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Alton Corey: Excessive Force?
Prev1171819
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 31 2018 11:27am
Cops arrive on the scene and woman makes verbal allegation she was struck in the head.

Cops confront man at front door, instantly and unnecessarily confrontational.

Cops stand in place while man moves closer and then farther away from them as he speaks animatedly. Swearing.

Man gives shaky story for why woman was in his house in the first place.

Man is told by police they are not being animated and he should calm down, no physical contact.

Man continues with vague story that doesn't address whether or not he struck woman.

Man appears drunk, and as yelling fuck you is within arms reach of police.

Police officer makes first contact with man but no actual strike and no grip on clothes.

Man instantly engages back.

Man gets arrested, man lies about being paralyzed.

Give the cop who shoved him a paid vacation and a training session on verbal deescalation. No charges for the man for any kind of assault.

honestly if we've gotten to a point that a shove is the flavor of the day we're doing good.
Gold: 1.93
May 31 2018 03:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 1 2018 04:27am)
Cops arrive on the scene and woman makes verbal allegation she was struck in the head.

Cops confront man at front door, instantly and unnecessarily confrontational.

Cops stand in place while man moves closer and then farther away from them as he speaks animatedly. Swearing.

Man gives shaky story for why woman was in his house in the first place.

Man is told by police they are not being animated and he should calm down, no physical contact.

Man continues with vague story that doesn't address whether or not he struck woman.

Man appears drunk, and as yelling fuck you is within arms reach of police.

Police officer makes first contact with man but no actual strike and no grip on clothes.

Man instantly engages back.

Man gets arrested, man lies about being paralyzed.

Give the cop who shoved him a paid vacation and a training session on verbal deescalation. No charges for the man for any kind of assault.

honestly if we've gotten to a point that a shove is the flavor of the day we're doing good.

I feel like the body cams saved this guy from being rodney kinged.
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2018 05:06pm
Quote (Ghot @ 31 May 2018 03:46)
It was justifiable. The officers were in control of themselves the entire time.
I don't know how many of these videos people will post, but you can't argue with cops. You can't walk away, you can't say fuck you...etc.

When did this become unknown to folks in the US? Yes, I would say the same thing if the guy was white. Just like I said with the girl on the beach.

When a cop approaches you...you are not a lawyer, or a judge. Your job is to do what the tell you. They don't show up at your door or place on the beach for no reason.

/e Whatever state you are in or travel to, it is your responsibility to learn what is legal and what is illegal. If you do the illegal, the cops will come.

Cops frequently stop dudes when they've done nothing wrong. 'No reason' is subjective. They have a reason - it just often isn't one any sane person would recognise as one that justifies them stopping some random dude 'cos they don#'t like how he looks.

This post was edited by Scaly on May 31 2018 05:09pm
Gold: 0.00
May 31 2018 05:57pm
Quote (Ghot @ 31 May 2018 12:29)
Does all your, saying psychopath like it's a dirty word, matter?

Saying 7th from the top SOUNDS bad. But wait, there's 'clergy" at #8. And surgeon at #5... OMG !!

As I've said, SOME cops will occasionally over-react. But out of the 1.2 million cops we have in the US, we see what, maybe 20 incidents, maybe 50. That's a pretty damn good success rate, if you ask me.
We're talking MAYBE .00004 % of the police officers, HAVE... "incidents".

I don't know whether those of you that thinks all cops are evil and just out to get you or the black man, are serious, or just need to see a doctor, or educate yourselves or what.

Here's my suggestion: When you guys are seated judges, then maybe we should concern ourselves with your arguments? Otherwise go back to your 'wine spritzer SJW meetings" and let those whose job it IS to oversee police officers...do their jobs. :)

I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just trying to keep you from starting a "movement" that leaves us with nuns for police officers. Which would be a seriously inadequate solution.After all these years in the US, I think we may just already have the best solution WE could come up with.

Don't get me wrong. If the day ever comes when we have police officers hanging folks by their ankles and disemboweling them... well then, I'll be right there with you crying foul.

But comparing us to other countries is fallacious reasoning, because there are no other countries remotely like the US, on this planet. I'm not saying that we are perfect or better. But we are definitely, a NEW idea as to how country should work.

And yes folks, it's analogy time. :D

Think about teachers or bouncers. they are sort of like police officers but a a very teeny tiny scale.
WHY do the methods THEY employ, seem to work?

Well, maybe it's because of the "amount" of people that they are held responsible for. A bouncer has how many? 50? 80?, and a teacher how many 30? 50?
Now lets take a police officer in Pittsburgh, PA... a small to mid-sized city in the US.

Pittsburgh, PA = 303,625
Pittsburgh, PA police officers 1,230

That means every police officer has 246 people to "protect and to serve". And not only does each officer have that many, that have another officer right next to them with their own 246, etc., etc.For these officers to "keep the peace" they have to be a bit more well armed, a bit more ready to act, a bit faster on the draw, so to speak.

Let's say we have a bouncer at a very large club, say 400 people. There will be more than one bouncer and those bouncers are ONLY responsible for those people in the club, AND if things do get out of hand...who ya gonna call... Yep the police.
So the police not only have to do their jobs, but have to keep and eye on the bouncers, the teachers, the ER docs, etc.

Asking police officers to have a better than say... .00004 % success rate is pretty unrealistic, in the US that is. Where we DO have more freedoms than most other countries, so some folk DO tend to get a bit more rowdy, sometimes.

Can you imagine how many police officers we would need to do things the liberal way? You couldn't find enough people willing to do the job.

Nice to see artists in the lowest category. It always sucks how much they've been demonised by TV and film. Every other psycho is some reclusive artist.
Gold: 2,489.69
May 31 2018 06:27pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 31 2018 03:44pm)
I feel like the body cams saved this guy from being rodney kinged.

doing it's job well.

black people riot in the streets. body cams spread faster, punches get pulled, people still get arrested. everyone should be happy, no one will be.
Gold: 17,400.00
May 31 2018 08:56pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ May 30 2018 11:51pm)
This wholesale bootlicking and unrestricted subservience to police is despicable.

That black man is not their slave and neither am I.

You certainly can argue with police. You certainly can tell them to fuck off.
If they use that as an excuse to physically attack you that is called battery and they should be the ones thrown in cages to rot.

Quote (SBD @ May 30 2018 11:53pm)
That is exactly how you get dirty cops. Cops are to be held to a standard. They follow the same laws as every one else.

Exactly
Gold: 10,655.00
May 31 2018 08:59pm
Quote (Scaly @ May 31 2018 07:06pm)
Cops frequently stop dudes when they've done nothing wrong. 'No reason' is subjective. They have a reason - it just often isn't one any sane person would recognise as one that justifies them stopping some random dude 'cos they don#'t like how he looks.

The lady called the cops...complained that he was drunk and abusing her.
Gold: 500.00
May 31 2018 10:14pm
it was self defense, i'm surprised the cop didn't shoot him
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1171819
Add Reply New Topic New Poll