d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Fallout 76
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jun 11 2018 12:16am
Quote (Dominate @ Jun 10 2018 09:30pm)
how do you figure that ?

All the things that were previously discussed in this thread have been confirmed, haven't yet? I haven't actually watched it yet, but the internet seems to be blowing up with people losing their shit about it being online only.
Gold: 4,200.69
Warn: 20%
Jun 11 2018 01:23am
Fallout online ... fuck it waiting for red dead redemption
Gold: 194.66
Jun 11 2018 03:55am
I’m excited for it from what they have shown and explained.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 11 2018 01:16am)
All the things that were previously discussed in this thread have been confirmed, haven't yet? I haven't actually watched it yet, but the internet seems to be blowing up with people losing their shit about it being online only.

It’s not online only. They stated this at E3.

This post was edited by ThirtyTwo on Jun 11 2018 03:56am
Gold: 4,727.69
Jun 11 2018 08:13am
Quote (ThirtyTwo @ Jun 11 2018 02:55am)

Actually I believe what TH said was that it would be entirely online with the ability to play solo. Now wether that means you still run around a server with other players or if it is to mean that you can be entirely alone seemed to be unanswered.
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 10 2018 11:16pm)

Lots pool have wanted a multi player fallout for a long time, myself included, hell theres mods for online nv and fo3 and skyrim together is one of the most anticipated mods of all time, imo bethesda is just expanding the fallout universe to a new gamestyle and fan base. The people hating on it are the people that thought we were getting fallout 5 with a different name lol.

Nonetheless, game is out in November, and there will be a beta before that, so we won't have to wait too long to see for ourselves
Jun 11 2018 11:49am
Quote (ThirtyTwo @ Jun 11 2018 02:55am)

Aw, well that's good.

Like I said, didn't actually watch the presentation, I've just seen the online outrage, but it's normal for people to lose their shit about things they know nothing about.

We'll see how it goes, but FO4 was a let down for me, and I'm not expecting too much from this either.
Jun 11 2018 12:33pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 11 2018 10:49am)
Aw, well that's good.

Like I said, didn't actually watch the presentation, I've just seen the online outrage, but it's normal for people to lose their shit about things they know nothing about.

We'll see how it goes, but FO4 was a let down for me, and I'm not expecting too much from this either.

people outraging on the internet? oh my god the world must be coming to an end
Jun 11 2018 01:45pm
Quote (Dominate @ Jun 11 2018 11:33am)
people outraging on the internet? oh my god the world must be coming to an end

Just everyone was losing their shit about it being "online only". I know to usually not trust the net, but I figured there had to be some validity to it with the level of outrage. People just being stupid as per usual though.

Still, my main complaint is that it seems like building will be a MUCH bigger aspect of this one, and I felt like it detracted slll fucking much from every other spsect of the game in FO4. It made the game feel empty, characters feel unoriginal as hell, exploration boring and it just sucked in comparison to the previous titles.

Maybe they'll turn it outright and they've figured out a perfect way to balance it all. We'll know sooner than later.

Even if it ends up being meh or whatever, I've got plenty of other games in looking forward to, so it's no biggie.
Jun 11 2018 02:59pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 11 2018 12:45pm)
Just everyone was losing their shit about it being "online only". I know to usually not trust the net, but I figured there had to be some validity to it with the level of outrage. People just being stupid as per usual though.

Still, my main complaint is that it seems like building will be a MUCH bigger aspect of this one, and I felt like it detracted slll fucking much from every other spsect of the game in FO4. It made the game feel empty, characters feel unoriginal as hell, exploration boring and it just sucked in comparison to the previous titles.

Maybe they'll turn it outright and they've figured out a perfect way to balance it all. We'll know sooner than later.

Even if it ends up being meh or whatever, I've got plenty of other games in looking forward to, so it's no biggie.

I agree, i didnt like the whole "you build the world becauae we don't want to" idealism that happened in fo4, and i also agree on all npcs feeling generic.

But again, fo76 is not a single player rpg, it will not be a heavily story based game either. The idea behind this game is to take the game play and lore of fallout and allow you to share it with friends, for the first time ever.

I think if everyone just took a step back and were willing to understand that this is a new concept and a new type of game instead of being so hungry to relive past games that this one would be alot better received
Jun 11 2018 03:04pm
Quote (Dominate @ Jun 11 2018 01:59pm)
I agree, i didnt like the whole "you build the world becauae we don't want to" idealism that happened in fo4, and i also agree on all npcs feeling generic.

But again, fo76 is not a single player rpg, it will not be a heavily story based game either. The idea behind this game is to take the game play and lore of fallout and allow you to share it with friends, for the first time ever.

I think if everyone just took a step back and were willing to understand that this is a new concept and a new type of game instead of being so hungry to relive past games that this one would be alot better received

Just all depends on the execution. All the bitching in the world isn't going to matter if the game comes out and is amazing. I'm just not overly optimistic it'll be able to hold my interest. I'll give it a shot no matter what, it is Fallout after all.
Jun 11 2018 03:16pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jun 11 2018 02:04pm)
Just all depends on the execution. All the bitching in the world isn't going to matter if the game comes out and is amazing. I'm just not overly optimistic it'll be able to hold my interest. I'll give it a shot no matter what, it is Fallout after all.

Yeah, the big question I have is how the loot system is going to work and how are they going to balance it, because if I get this game and can only play casually as compared to some of the no lifes out there, I'm going to be pretty pissed when a mother fucker clad in power armor and a fatman keeps ruining my shit
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll