d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > In Essence A Mutable Suggestion
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 433.48
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2018 11:33am
Quote (sp_patl @ 30 May 2018 19:31)
halving the transmutingprogress doubles the amount of needed items for skilling up. So its not 5 years anymore, its 10 for new muters. (i coudnt care less with transmuting rank 62, im thinking for the other muters here)

Since mutebases are bought by gambler aswell , less items will be available on MP to buy for transmuters. It would have effect on Itemprices short or longterm.
Even tho i like my position with a monopoly for high tier essences i will not vote yet. Having a few more cons which i need to evaluate trough speaking with mates and other people first :)

I like the discussion in here, bring more pros/cons !
More later :)

having high level items with crap stats to mute actually helps new players since they can sell them pretty easy while they play
and then again, more people using instant mutes on items mean more and better drops

So prices might actually drop, which is a good thing
Gold: 0.47
Warn: 30%
May 30 2018 11:34am
Yes Yes and Yes!

It would bring tons of new people back into the game interested in transmuting. New players could make good items again if they gambled a bit of fg. Climbing the transmuting ladder would be harder but the fun part of actually transmuting an item would be instant.

AMAZING! YES PLOX :D

Wellables being sellable brought many curious people back and will continue to bring people. This will bring people back and keep the game more interesting with more things to do.

Now if I want to find a good item I can

A) explore
B) Pay for it
C) Buy wellables
D) Buy mutables

Lotta diversity.

One detail though. Maybe make it so higher level transmuters have 2 advantages: 1- higher transmuting prof = slightly higher magic find when transmuting. 2- higher chance to get higher magical levels like angelic+.
Gold: 105,555.55
May 30 2018 12:58pm
Quote (sp_patl @ 30 May 2018 18:31)
halving the transmutingprogress doubles the amount of needed items for skilling up. So its not 5 years anymore, its 10 for new muters. (i coudnt care less with transmuting rank 62, im thinking for the other muters here)

Since mutebases are bought by gambler aswell , less items will be available on MP to buy for transmuters. It would have effect on Itemprices short or longterm.
Even tho i like my position with a monopoly for high tier essences i will not vote yet. Having a few more cons which i need to evaluate trough speaking with mates and other people first :)

to expand on this: we'd need to increase the rate of higher tiers dropping, because fewer items give prof to level up
another thing is that since essences become a popular good, we should get a functionality for unstacking things: fish, essences etc.
Gold: 6,288.87
May 30 2018 02:01pm
Quote (njaguar @ May 30 2018 11:28am)
It wouldn't work like that. It'd be an instant transmute once you use essence + item.

I did not actually foresee this as a possibility, but I guess it must be possible if you're suggesting it. This is an elegant solution and an incredibly positive change in my opinion.

Quote (obob_ro @ May 30 2018 12:05pm)
bye bye suffing

Quote (njaguar @ May 30 2018 12:23pm)
Would have to buff the effects and rewards of suffusencing to compensate for the increased value of essences, for sure. It would definitely not be a "simple" change, since it creates a cascading effect on other stuff.

As one of the few people who loves suffusencing, I realize that this change makes it even more difficult for people people to skill it... So of course, I wouldn't be opposed to buffing the effects (I guess that means enhanced effect) and rewards (I guess exp?) of suffusencing. Do you have something in mind for this already? This also sounds like a great positive change.

Quote (sp_patl @ May 30 2018 01:31pm)

I'm so glad you are posting here Pat! I was really hoping to hear your thoughts on this :)
So I was thinking that maybe it's 5 years still... and here's potentially why:

Currently a transmuter can skill up by spending half of muting time stripping items to essences for prof, and half of time rerolling items for prof. With this change, a muter can spend 99% of muting time stripping essences for prof because rerolling without gaining prof is still instant. So a transmuter can essentially turn twice as many items into essences (and prof) unless mutables are limiting. Now, mutables will always be limiting if you are only finding them and not buying them, but mutables are limiting on the marketplace because not enough people sell them on the MP for 1 fg (often it's just not worth it). If mutables become worth actual quantities of fg, it seems to me that more people will pick them up and list them on the marketplace. Low player base is also partly responsible for mutables not being listed on the MP in bulk, but maybe if it's easier to make fg by selling these items from every climb, the player base will slowly grow again too, fixing that problem. And how do transmuters buy expensive mutables to skill transmuting? Expensive essences :) For some transmuters, it's actually fg that's limiting and that's why they don't buy skillables from the MP... if they can sell their essences for profit over the mutable price, that could result in easier skilling.

Excited to see what you have to say later Pat!

Quote (Dante @ May 30 2018 02:58pm)
to expand on this: we'd need to increase the rate of higher tiers dropping, because fewer items give prof to level up
another thing is that since essences become a popular good, we should get a functionality for unstacking things: fish, essences etc.

I was actually thinking of asking for a functionality for unstacking essences which would make sense with this change. I'm thinking that it's actually harder to implement than the huge change I'm suggesting with this topic, but it would really help. :)

I don't know about increasing rate of higher tiers and higher magical properties dropping though... LS is not an easy game :P

Thanks guys, keep voting and posting please <3
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
May 30 2018 04:05pm
Yeah if anything this is def mostly beneficial for the high level muters, they are the ones who will make alot of fg from this

Yes, it will be harder to level up muting unless more items drop OR double the prof.
(I'd def be down for more items, cause that means i would have more items to glyph) :D

This post was edited by RistVaLL on May 30 2018 04:05pm
Gold: 76,585.31
May 30 2018 04:16pm
It bothers me a little that within 6 hours of posting, Paul comments on it... but other threads are up for months with no love :(

But I am excited to read through this all, and even more xcitd for a shred of hope of a game change
Gold: 70,837.50
May 30 2018 08:08pm
whew, checked this forum for the first time in like 6 months and stumbled across this thread.

I know there were lots of updates to LS, which are kinda cool, but this would be a change that would actually bring me back :)
Gold: 70,665.31
May 31 2018 03:33pm
Voted yes

Hopefully there will be some tweaks in higher drops quantity, suffusing system , essence quality, more item slots per char , ability to unstack / divide stacks , more prof each mute , magic luck, add events with more skilling profs , or some of the other ideas posted here to update the game and make up for the "halving" of the transmuting system .

Very interesting idea an im exited to see pauls interest :)
I think it can attract more players , oepning more markets and possibilities . let the gamble begin !

:banana:

This post was edited by sp_patl on May 31 2018 04:02pm
Gold: 309.86
May 31 2018 03:52pm
I wanted to see opinions from real skillers before voting because I wasn’t sure how much good/bad it would do for them. After reading their sides, I gonna go ahead and give it a big fat YES <3

Would give more feedback but I see that as useless coming from someone who doesn’t skill currently - I would however be a buyer for essences once prices stabilized a bit! :)
Gold: 7,798.12
Jun 3 2018 03:58pm
Very interesting suggestion and great discussion going on in here too. It's nice to hear some opinions from the top level mutters who have poured so much time into raising their ranks/prof.

I voted yes, this would be a great change. It would bring more people back to LS, and everyone loves to gamble on items in hope for that awesome drop!

If this were to be implemented the right way, it'll be beneficial to not only the mutters who have put in so much hard work over the years, but to all of those users (including me) that don't spend time skilling. Skillers would basically set/run the market for the high level essences, but they've earned it. So they can still mute and hope for good items, OR sell the essences to everyone who wants to take their shot at gambling. Seems like more of a win-win situation for everyone involved.

:thumbsup:

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Jun 3 2018 04:00pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll