d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Need Advice For Detailing
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 28 2018 08:38am
I’m currently using mostly CG products other than my trim restorer..

Every time I wash the Jeep, the amount of micro scratches just kills me.. I ordered some clay bar, and I figured I would wait a month or so until my next wax job and hit it with clay bar first..

So my questions:

1. Is a buffer worth it? My mustang looked perfect and everything was done by hand
2. If it is, what brand do you suggest or prefer?
3. What brand of detailing products do you use? I’m using gtech wheel protectant and trim restorer, but other than that I love Chemical Guys.

Any suggestions on techniques as well are greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on May 28 2018 08:39am
Gold: 484.02
May 28 2018 10:04am
Watch Mike Phillip's how to videos on YouTube for techniques and basic understanding of different products.

A DA polisher is definitely worth it if you want to maintain the paint yourself.

I started with the tried and true porter cable 7424XP which still works great with Lake Country Thin Pro pads

I now use a Flex XC3401VRG forced action DA

For products:
I like lake country pads.
I use a mixture of CarPro, Optimum, Gtechniq, and shine supply products.

CG stuff is one step up from the parts store junk and real detailing products. It's nice and cheap to learn with and they use an easy to follow system for polish and compound abrasiveness.

Imo, correct it, then lay down Gtechniq crystal serum light followed by Gtechniq EXO hydrophobic coating. CSL will give you "Prosumer" level 2-3 year protection and EXO will extend the life of the CSL, boost gloss, and provide an extremely hydrophobic finish that will make maintenance washes much easier and less likely to damage the coatings.

To give you an idea of what kind of gloss we are talking about when done correctly... this was a 2 stage correction on my 17 year old C5 vette paint followed by a wipe down with CarPro Reload sealant. No coating, no gloss enhancers, no fillers.

Gold: 1,535.00
May 28 2018 02:11pm
i dont like washing cars, but i did recently buy some of the leather cleaner from shine supply, holy shit that stuff is good.

Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll