d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > [buy] Good Head Unit? > Music Subs
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2018 11:07pm
I have a 2005 Honda accord LX 4 door.
when i got it used, it came with the stock radio ( powered just for the clock )
and a Pioneer CD player head unit, its got USB and Aux, and it also has Bluetooth with this weird microphone clip thing on the sun visor.

Volume goes up to 32 , But it doesn't have any E Q settings, has a subwoofer +15 , and bass +5...
I turned subwoofer to +15 , and Bass to +3

I have 2x 15" Kicker subs, with a 1000Watt pioneer amp , I am thinking that it is possible that I could use maybe a 1400 watt amp to get a little more subwoofer bass...
because I prefer to listen to music at volume 14 windows up or 18 with the windows rolled down... but My amp/subs aren't really getting any good bass until i have the volume up to 20-23...
Car shakes are volume 30-32 , but the music voice part kills my ears mhm...

so I am thinking Maybe this is just like 1 of the cheaper or 1 of the older head unit radios? and i just need a newer one??
That and possibly one that has EQ settings? If i change it to rock, i would assume that would lower the music volume and keep the sub woofer volume the same?
I know some of the new ones go to volume 64, so im assumeing what normally is 30-32, can be 60-64 on a newer head unit, with double sub power?

Im just trying to come up with a way to lower music/voice volume, while keeping the sub volume the same...
seems like I'm having some kind of Power balance issue if that makes sense?

Can anyone recommend me a new Radio head Unit, thats good for subwoofers?
I assume that my car door speakers have been upgraded from stock, but haven't actually looked. ( but the microphone wire was hidden under side airbags ) so i assume speakers were replaced, but anyways...

Is EQ important for Subs? would it help boost power in a way?
Gold: 9,970.00
May 27 2018 04:29pm
If you want to penny punch you can use the same h/u and make more adjustments to your gain on the amp. Personally I have a pioneer AVH4200NEX and it works really well for the price point. You have subwoofer on/off high/low pass, 5V preamp out RCA and you have a +/- 15 dB margin control for 5 channels (4 and a sub) I initially got this h/u because I wanted in dash navigation without paying $500+ it has apple car play and android auto
Gold: 0.00
May 27 2018 11:36pm
Quote (Zpot @ 27 May 2018 16:29)
If you want to penny punch you can use the same h/u and make more adjustments to your gain on the amp. Personally I have a pioneer AVH4200NEX and it works really well for the price point. You have subwoofer on/off high/low pass, 5V preamp out RCA and you have a +/- 15 dB margin control for 5 channels (4 and a sub) I initially got this h/u because I wanted in dash navigation without paying $500+ it has apple car play and android auto

yeah that head unit seems pretty decent ha ha.
I'll have to check that out some more.

My amp is sony xplod, not pioneer ha ha... oops

but anyways yeah My 15" subs are supposed to be 4 Ohmz i think, and 4 ohmz setting on the amp.. there is hardly any noise...
so i had to change it to 2 ohmz... i get decent volume beat, and the beat is like high Quality perfect...
but again then the vocal volume is too loud. so i changed it all the way to 0.5 ohmz on the amp... to get the most max power...
great for 90% of my songs, then 10% just don't really sound right @ 0.5 ohmz.
so i think its just in my best interest to get at least a 1400 watt amp...

that and or a new car alternator ha ha.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll