d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Violated The First Amendment.
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 356.93
May 25 2018 01:56am
I don't even have a twitter, but it is clear conservatives hate the constitution and freedom of speech.
As to twitter being an official platform of the president, trump himself made it quite clear, and his secretary of state.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on May 25 2018 01:57am
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
May 25 2018 01:58am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 25 2018 02:56am)
I don't even have a twitter, but it is clear conservatives hate the constitution and freedom of speech.

you are so far from the truth it is truly disturbing.
May 25 2018 02:11am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 25 2018 06:58pm)
you are so far from the truth it is truly disturbing.

Do you support the president blocking people from communicating with him on his main platform?
May 25 2018 02:27am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 25 2018 03:11am)
Do you support the president blocking people from communicating with him on his main platform?

i would love to answer your question directly, but i believe your question is somewhat flawed.
this is not his "main platform". twitter is a hobby and not needed in any way to fulfill his job. he just likes to use it, and has a right to use it.

do you really think trump has time to read every tweet that comes in? there is a good chance a lot of these accounts are mass spamming or part of a bot system. being on this site you should know how easy that is.

to rewrite your question so i can answer it...

Do you support the president blocking people from communicating with him on Twitter?
Yes
May 25 2018 02:33am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 25 2018 07:27pm)
i would love to answer your question directly, but i believe your question is somewhat flawed.
this is not his "main platform". twitter is a hobby and not needed in any way to fulfill his job. he just likes to use it, and has a right to use it.

do you really think trump has time to read every tweet that comes in? there is a good chance a lot of these accounts are mass spamming or part of a bot system. being on this site you should know how easy that is.

to rewrite your question so i can answer it...

Do you support the president blocking people from communicating with him on Twitter?
Yes

Wrong answer.
https://theconversation.com/donald-trumps-tweets-are-now-presidential-records-71973
Have a read.
It is not just a hobby, he has made it an official platform of the potus and has confirmed this to be the case.
https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/trump-tweets-official-statements/index.html
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday President Donald Trump's tweets are indeed official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized.

So again, should the president be able to shit on the constitution and block twitter critics?

This post was edited by Plaguefear on May 25 2018 02:35am
Gold: 0.87
May 25 2018 02:36am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 24 2018 08:32pm)

God damn liberals that never speak on Hillary selling 20^ of our uranium are at full force at trump for doing nothing illegal m... not to mention Hillary’s campaign has aid russsian people to get for info on the umps... also liberals neve mention the money the Clinton organization is funded by mainly other countries and is 90-% salary
May 25 2018 02:42am
Quote (ben_davis @ May 25 2018 07:36pm)
God damn liberals that never speak on Hillary selling 20^ of our uranium are at full force at trump for doing nothing illegal m... not to mention Hillary’s campaign has aid russsian people to get for info on the umps... also liberals neve mention the money the Clinton organization is funded by mainly other countries and is 90-% salary

I am not a liberal and am not a fan of hillary.
May 25 2018 02:54am
Quote (Plaguefear @ May 25 2018 03:33am)
Wrong answer.
https://theconversation.com/donald-trumps-tweets-are-now-presidential-records-71973
Have a read.
It is not just a hobby, he has made it an official platform of the potus and has confirmed this to be the case.
https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/trump-tweets-official-statements/index.html
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday President Donald Trump's tweets are indeed official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized.

So again, should the president be able to shit on the constitution and block twitter critics?

do you ever read the articles under the title?

A U.S. National Archives spokesperson has said that posted tweets are considered presidential records. The National Archives has since requested that the White House save deleted or altered tweets, but has not stated a position on whether they are definitely presidential records. I believe the Presidential Records Act should apply, for several reasons.

reading again. i'm having to ask you something. is trump blocking people from seeing his tweets, or blocking people from tweeting him?
"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized. Spicer did not indicate whether that included both of the President's Twitter handles: @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.

what am i missing? it wasn't the laugh i got from spicer

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on May 25 2018 02:58am
May 25 2018 03:00am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ May 25 2018 07:54pm)
do you ever read the articles under the title?

reading again. i'm having to ask you something. is trump blocking people from seeing his tweets, or blocking people from tweeting him?

what am i missing? it wasn't the laugh i got from spicer

If he is blocking people from tweeting him and he is using an official channel which is what he made twitter, he is violating the first amendment.
Gold: 10,655.00
May 25 2018 03:03am

This means nothing. JUDGE DIDN'T PASS DOWN AN ORDER, because she would probably be fired if she did.

If under the 1st amendment people have the right to dis Trump, then under that same 1st amendment, Trump has the right to block them.
Now if this was say a newspaper we were discussing and Trump tried to silence the newspaper, there would be a 1st amendment issue involved. But twitter is not a newspaper or anything even remotely official.

This is just Hillarites, growling in the morning. Big fat nothing burger.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll